Venom351R

Today I started the process of figuring out why the Cobra is not making any power.

that would be sweet. I thought about getting one for they are to expensive for just a one time use. Found a site that rents them for $50 but the reviews were not that good on it. Considering it was hitting just enough to scape the outer tread of the tire hopefully the amount that I was able to move it will be enough to clear it now if I do decide to run these tires / wheels this year.

It didn't until the rear end was taken out and put back in, then again I also cut one coil from the stock springs and I dont think I had driven it really since doing that so perhaps that one side is just low enough to scrape that very inner fender.

haha my mail come late I went into town and just when I got home at 1:20 it showed up. Put in in and took it out for a short drive. HOLY SHIT!!!!! Been a long time since the tires broke lose on the pavement like that. I literally started laughing while driving it. There is deff a big power increase. I did not take it out for a drive before putting the chip back in b/c I just recently drove it so I knew how it felt and I'm really low on gas. Its not inspected / Insured yet so I cant take any long trips. It does have a stumble at idle. I took a vid and I'll post it up. Does the power steering system pull vacuum or anything like that b/c with the wheel straight it idles pretty good. When the wheel is turned all the way it wants to stumble and stall out? I'll down load the vids and post them.

It also always had CEL. The other tuner gave me some bs excuse for why it was there and said it was not really anything he could do about it. Well now its gone and has not come on once since putting the chip it. It always came on right after start up.

Edited by Venom351R

I just hope you are happy with the results. I like happy customers. I'll poke around at it tonight and see if maybe I missed something, or possibly over-adjusted a value. I'll put money on being able to squeeze more out of it... We just need to get together some time.

Sounds good to me. Let me get the inspection and power steering taken care of and then we can try and plan something. I just put it back in the garage and while the wheel was straight it idles fine. As soon as I turn it it stalls out or starts to stumble.

Does the power steering system pull vacuum or anything like that b/c with the wheel straight it idles pretty good. When the wheel is turned all the way it wants to stumble and stall out?

ever since I put my cam in mine does the same thing, when you turn the wheel it puts a load on the motor and it will stall out sometimes. frustrating to say the least not to mention at a car show you look like a tool when you stall your car trying to park lol.

Travis, now that I'm home i could finally view the vids. I'm pretty sure I know exactly why the car is doing that. I will be going up to NED on Sunday May 5th for the Import Face-off. I can bring my computer and tuning equipment with me and reburn the chip if you want to come out to the event. I'm actually going to have my computer with me anyway, as I'll be datalogging my runs during the competition.

The last issue I needed to take care of was the power steering leaking. I put a new pump on last summer to match the rest of the black theme under the hood and I had a leak not long after. The problem with this aftermarket pump is where the put the fitting for the hose to connect to ( the one on the back ). The stock Ford pump has that fitting come straight off the back of the pump as if its pointing to the firewall. This new pump had the fitting facing down towards the floor coming off the pump. This caused an issue with the hose not being able to fit correctly onto it b/c the PS bracket was pretty much directly below the opening of the fitting. The PS hose that was on the car was old and getting hard so I went to NAPA and picked up some new hose this afternoon and when I got back I was hoping it would slide up onto the fitting but I was still running into clearance issues w/ the PS bracket. So I took out my dremmel and started to cut a notch into the back of the bracket. I eventually removed enough material so the hose would slide up straight onto the fitting and not coming at it from and angle and being pinched by the bracket. It seemed to fit better then before so I tightened it down and took it out for a drive so I could then park it and check for leaks in the coming hrs since it always started to drip after a drive.

When I did take it out this was the first time I got on it hard in 1st and 2ed gear and it was just mind blowing at how hard it threw me into the seat. I was not expecting it to pull that hard at all. The dyno day cannot come soon enough.

The last issue I needed to take care of was the power steering leaking. I put a new pump on last summer to match the rest of the black theme under the hood and I had a leak not long after. The problem with this aftermarket pump is where the put the fitting for the hose to connect to ( the one on the back ). The stock Ford pump has that fitting come straight off the back of the pump as if its pointing to the firewall. This new pump had the fitting facing down towards the floor coming off the pump. This caused an issue with the hose not being able to fit correctly onto it b/c the PS bracket was pretty much directly below the opening of the fitting. The PS hose that was on the car was old and getting hard so I went to NAPA and picked up some new hose this afternoon and when I got back I was hoping it would slide up onto the fitting but I was still running into clearance issues w/ the PS bracket. So I took out my dremmel and started to cut a notch into the back of the bracket. I eventually removed enough material so the hose would slide up straight onto the fitting and not coming at it from and angle and being pinched by the bracket. It seemed to fit better then before so I tightened it down and took it out for a drive so I could then park it and check for leaks in the coming hrs since it always started to drip after a drive.

When I did take it out this was the first time I got on it hard in 1st and 2ed gear and it was just mind blowing at how hard it threw me into the seat. I was not expecting it to pull that hard at all. The dyno day cannot come soon enough.

Your last sentence makes me feel like I'm reading book 1 of a trilogy. lol

Sent from my secretary!!!

Your last sentence makes me feel like I'm reading book 1 of a trilogy. lol

The funny part is that if I can spend a day at the track with travis, we can get his tune dialed in almost perfectly, and it wont surprise me at all to see a 40+rwhp gain from before. I think he's going to shit bricks when he gets the 11 second timeslip.

Trav, next Sunday I will be at the track with the Subaru. Please try to make an effort to come down with your car. I know it's a bit of a ride but I really want to fix that idle issue. Also, don't know if you looked into it, or if you are even ready...

Racer: $30.00 Registration starts at 9am Qualifying starts at 12pm

Test and Tune open to any make and model

Hitting 400 was a goal, if it does it I would be so ecstatic. If I ended up at 385 or something like that I would not be disappointed but 400 is a goal. I went into this project wanting a 400 RWHP NA and a car that ran 11's

haha thats ok, its much better then nothing at all. Cant wait to get the GOPRO all set up so I can get in car stuff.

same. I wish I had a good vid of me hammering out the 12.9 in the WRX... My nephew spent more time recording the bleachers than my car!

goodluck! I wanted to see why my wasnt making power and lost tons of power when i put long tubes on, my luck was bad luck, did a leak down and compression check which wasnt so good ! :( I had to pull the motor and found cylinder 1 and 2 rings were shot, so I'm doing new pistons and rings and hone the block. and my heads need a valve job, all my exaust valves were leaking :( goodluck with yours. its a nice setup! and ive been following your build and progress on several forums.

Edited by mustangmanjeff

goodluck! I wanted to see why my wasnt making power and lost tons of power when i put long tubes out, my luck was bad luck, did a leak down and compression check which wasnt so good ! :( I had to pull the motor and found cylinder 1 and 2 rings were shot, so I'm doing new pistons and rings and hone the block. and my heads need a valve job, all my exaust valves were leaking :( goodluck with yours. its a nice setup! and ive been following your build and progress on several forums.

Damn that's some shoddy luck! Sounds like a perfect opportunity to start a build thread so you two can. Compare notes!

Damn that's some shoddy luck! Sounds like a perfect opportunity to start a build thread so you two can. Compare notes!

Yeah I think we spoke in my thread, I have a thread about it over on sn95forums. my name is hottwheels on there.

Heres link to that thread.

so you might remember I was wondering why my wasnt making power and I found out the hard way :(

http://sn95forums.com/showthread.php?44173-new-cam-and-dyno-tune-bad-results

- - - Updated - - -

The funny part is that if I can spend a day at the track with travis, we can get his tune dialed in almost perfectly, and it wont surprise me at all to see a 40+rwhp gain from before. I think he's going to shit bricks when he gets the 11 second timeslip.

Trav, next Sunday I will be at the track with the Subaru. Please try to make an effort to come down with your car. I know it's a bit of a ride but I really want to fix that idle issue. Also, don't know if you looked into it, or if you are even ready...

Racer: $30.00 Registration starts at 9am Qualifying starts at 12pm

Test and Tune open to any make and model

I might just contact you.soon as my motor is back together in a few weeks I want to see if you can check out my tune as well. My tune is also been a ? by many of friends due to the tuner who tuned my car. he hasnt had a good rep either. I want to see if I can maybe mail you my chip as well.

I might just contact you.soon as my motor is back together in a few weeks I want to see if you can check out my tune as well. My tune is also been a ? by many of friends due to the tuner who tuned my car. he hasnt had a good rep either. I want to see if I can maybe mail you my chip as well.

Consultation is free. Since you already have a chip, my fee is cheaper than the normal. Feel free to PM me whenever.

Best run when I went back was a 12.6 @ 110 with a 1.7 60' on my MT DR's ad my best time before all of this was a 12.5 @108 with a 1.7 on slicks. Best 60' to date is a 1.66 but I cant find the slip to see what I ran for a time, pretty sure it was a 12.7 or 12.6. The videos are posted up above.

There is still more power to pull from it. My timing is still at 10* and I'm hopefully picking up a wideband soon so the tune can be tweaked further.

Best run when I went back was a 12.6 @ 110 with a 1.7 60' on my MT DR's ad my best time before all of this was a 12.5 @108 with a 1.7 on slicks. Best 60' to date is a 1.66 but I cant find the slip to see what I ran for a time, pretty sure it was a 12.7 or 12.6. The videos are posted up above.

There is still more power to pull from it. My timing is still at 10* and I'm hopefully picking up a wideband soon so the tune can be tweaked further.

Goodluck, that setup should be deff a 400+rwhp setup, a friend of my just did a 347 build with smaller heads then that with a big cam on 10 to 1 compression it put down 440rwhp and he was not happy with that, come to find out he pulled it apart the pistons and rods are shot, so his setup was easy 450-500rwhp n/a. so yours deff should be around 400-450rwhp .

Travis was supposed to get the car dyno'd saturday the 8th. Mother nature tricked the weather men into getting the fellas at Granite State dyno to cancel their dyno day. We have to wait until some undisclosed time next week to see some results. I have since revised the tune in his chip... but I'll let him put his input in about how the car runs.

Lets just say, I want to see it on the 1/4 again.

Travis was supposed to get the car dyno'd saturday the 8th. Mother nature tricked the weather men into getting the fellas at Granite State dyno to cancel their dyno day. We have to wait until some undisclosed time next week to see some results. I have since revised the tune in his chip... but I'll let him put his input in about how the car runs.

Lets just say, I want to see it on the 1/4 again.

sweet its been 5 day! lol im as urgent has him! he should be getting it on the dyno this next week then? keep us updated! I have been following his build for years now over on sn95forums! love his car cant wait!