Casper95svt

1995 SVT Cobra 5.0 Build Thread...

Great work so far! Those taillights the PO had on the car were face palm city, looks 1000000000000x better with stock tails!

Also nice work on the shifter gasket!

As I was cleaning my Balancer ( Crank pulley ) I discovered my radiator was leaking and crusted up on the passengers side near the plastic tank. Its an aftermarket parts store kinda radiator. So I opted for a bigger more efficient radiator. MIshimoto from American Muscle.

post-403-13881838135969_thumb.jpg

Welllll..... I came home for MD weekend. Was going to take the Cobra for a quick ride but couldn't.

post-403-13881838191995_thumb.jpg

I found this, two puddles on top of the front timing cover. Looked under and it was running the perimeter of the oil pan and the sway bar. So I decided to just tear into the motor and replace some parts. Found it to be the Thermostat housing, pulled the bolts and found the gasket to have black silicone on the lower portion of it. Looks like someone tried to fix it before. Remove the radiator, hoses, thermostat housing, deleted the oil cooler because its a rusty piece of junk. Removed all the a/c components. Remove the smog pump, and all pipes to the exhaust and heads. Figured out the size for the block off is a 5/8-11, so im going to make two plugs on the lathe at work and block off the heads. Use a piece of the Smog hose and a hose clamp combined with a bolt plugging it off on the h-pipe. Removed spark plugs and wires and cap and rotor. Pcv valve, mesh screen and rubber grommet. Removed the serp belt, and a/c compressor. Removed the waterpump, and the upper right hand side bolt snapped off in the block. Wasn't happy about that. So decided to go further into it. Pulled the alternator to replace it and scrap the smog pump and the ear for the front of the alternator broke off. I will need a replacement. Only found one on ebay and guy wants an arm and a leg for it. Anyone on here have one for sale?? Removed the front cover and drilled out the bolt and tapped all the holes and cleaned off the gasket. Will junk the factory oil pan as well, and gasket.

Sent an order to Late Model Resto

Oil Pan

One piece gasket

Poly Motor mounts

New 94/95 timing cover

Gaskets

New Idler pulley

Serp belt

A/C Delete pulley

Smog delete pulley

Factory oil pump and gasket

ARP oil pump shaft

Royal Purple oil and FL1A

Balancer/Crank pulley with timing pointer and new bolt and washer

post-403-13881838192647_thumb.jpg

post-403-13881838193395_thumb.jpg

post-403-13881838194189_thumb.jpg

post-403-13881838195306_thumb.jpg

hope you replaced that timing chain while you were in there! That'd be a pain to have it go out after you put it all back together.

hope you replaced that timing chain while you were in there! That'd be a pain to have it go out after you put it all back together.

Not yet, was planning on getting one from the parts store before I button it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Still got the ac stuff? Not sure if the pushrods and modulars AC stuff is the same, but Hunter (copmagnet)needs an AC line when his underhood fire took one out.

Tapatalk made me do it!

Im not sure either, but I have every single piece of the a/c still and would be willing to give it away just require money for shipping.

Not yet, was planning on getting one from the parts store before I button it up.

Good call. If you think you might do a cam swap later, it would be worth it now to get one with different keyways for adjusting your cam timing

Good call. If you think you might do a cam swap later, it would be worth it now to get one with different keyways for adjusting your cam timing

Just ordered one from American Muscle. They have pretty much next day shipping. Its a Ford Racing and was like 95 bucks. I would do a cam now, but I heard these computers don't like cams. Not sure if its true, this is my first Sn95 5.0. But I am planning on running the Hellion Turbo on this, and everyone tells me it loves the factory cam. So ill keep it I guess.

Ahhh, good call! yah the stock cams are actually real good with turbo kits, hell look at forcefed, he's got about 2 or 3 turbo kits under his belt on stock cams

- - - Updated - - -

Im not sure either, but I have every single piece of the a/c still and would be willing to give it away just require money for shipping.

I'm down for that, if you have it, its a single hard line that runs from the firewall to the radiator shroud. it runs right over the manifolds/headers.

I actually just sold it back to the original owner. : / Looking for a 03/04 Cobra now. Time to move on to big boy status.

well what the poop.   as long as its white, i approve then. :)

I actually just sold it back to the original owner. : / Looking for a 03/04 Cobra now. Time to move on to big boy status.

As long as you still hang out that's fine by me!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yeah...it's tough not having it around. But I'll be happy with my next Cobra. My first choice is white..If not black with black 18" Saleens and red brembos will look fancy too. I like blue too. But whites my favorite. :)