Bullitt

Project: Reload (SOLD)

yeah I'm thankful because I don't have the patience to do what Dan does.  I am a get the part put it on and get it done no time for step by step photos.   Yeah she's getting there.  Figured motor can't be done anytime soon so might as well at least make her look good.  Up next....

Remove Hood Liner (field mouse thought the one corner was lunch)

Power Wash the Engine Compartment

Install New JLT (replacing the OG JLT)

New Springs

Ball Joints  03/04 cobra front lower control arms

LED lighting in basically everything

I have a set of wheels that are no longer produced that look great on these cars (Not BBK worthy like some others but rare none the less)

Complete Dip job

New Tint (the 10 year old tint is faded and started to distort on the back window)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment.

Fixed!   :ph34r:

Looks like a bit more than a "dip."

Nope it's an actual dip sample. Here is another dip car using the same pigment from that company.

10860214_500833620069974_721142801_n.jpg

when are you taking advantage of that employee discount and getting it on air steve? heh? when? 

Tony you know I love my bag guys but the only air this car will see is this..

wheelsup.jpg

that's a dip color?!?!?!  

Yes sir it is.

is steve really plastidipping his bullitt? 

Well either dip or this new stuff I just discovered.  This is neither paint nor a wrap but another spray on type application. More to come once I get some pricing and information.

CIQyX6D.jpgqTcFFYI.jpg

YAY  no more axle clunk im guessing ? :)

No more axle clunking but still clunking from the shot motor mounts that will be replaced shortly.

wow dip has really come a long way from the flat cheap looking stuff that i'm familiar with.  still more of a satin finish than gloss from the looks of the blue mercedes but worlds better than the stuff i'm used to seeing

wow dip has really come a long way from the flat cheap looking stuff that i'm familiar with.  still more of a satin finish than gloss from the looks of the blue mercedes but worlds better than the stuff i'm used to seeing

it depends on your finish after the color is laid on weather you get that gloss or matte finish.

Burnt%20Copper%20Model%20S_zps3trzr0xj.j

Flash%20GTR_zpstde6g3dj.jpg

blue%20pearl%20GTI_zpsdqwiwdui.jpg

^lmao!!

hey man i'm not hating on dip if it looks like that lol. i'm just glad to see ya posting again and getting back into your bullitt 

you hate DIP period, stop lying lol

you hate DIP period, stop lying lol

i hate the temporary aspect of it i think. the look of it on some cars is nice though. but yea...never really got into plastidip.....at all 

i hate the temporary aspect of it i think. the look of it on some cars is nice though. but yea...never really got into plastidip.....at all 

you should see my new sample of a color I'm working on.  They make this new topcoat for pearls and this new protective spray you apply after dipping your items.  Let's just say I took it home to the wife and she honestly thought it was painted and clear coats because it was completely smooth compared to dip in the beginning, and she knows what dip feels like back then as the car I race in the fall is dipped and you know it's dip once you get on it and actually touch it.  

With that out of the way and seeing how teasers are the thing this summer let's just say my wife got me something "new" to me for the car. They are not on yet but will be eventually.  

post-236-0-58734300-1439927128_thumb.png