copmagnet

what tires for 18x10.5 wheel

what tires should i get? I need something with great tread life, great wet traction as it rains ALOT here, and of course, something that will hook pretty well on the street/track.

I have continental extreme DWS on my gt, and wanted them for the mach but the biggest they are made in is 295, and it says they will fit any 10-11" wheel, im not sure how safe that is.. alot of what i'm seeing on SVTP is go with a 315-35-18 but alot of those are drag radials and say not to drive in rain. great.

does anybody know of any 305(or greater)-35-18 tires that are comparable to the continentals extremes?

I was thinking no smaller then a 305, but i cant find anything comparable to the continentals. pretty much anything 305 and up is a drag radial. thats the only reason im leaning to risk a 295. I know if i get a flat though that wheel is screwed.

Not sure if the Nitto INVOS come in 305 but I have them on my 18x10 with 295s. Great everyday traction to include in wet conditions. Car is in FL right now and it rains pretty much daily there so I have nothing but good experience with them

I've got 285/30/18 Nitto's on the back of mine.

Sent from my secretary!!!

a 10.5 inch wheel is wider then a 285 tire, lol

I'll look into those solar.

a 10.5 inch wheel is wider then a 285 tire, lol

I'll look into those solar.

I've got a 10.5" wheel and there is no tire stretch. I've always felt Nitto was slightly wider than some brands.

Sent from my secretary!!!

Nitto runs small. End thread. I squeezed 335s on an 18x10. On a 10.5 a 315 should be perfect. As far as what tires on the rain. I believe falken azenis arents bad

I was thinking no smaller then a 305, but i cant find anything comparable to the continentals. pretty much anything 305 and up is a drag radial. thats the only reason im leaning to risk a 295. I know if i get a flat though that wheel is screwed.

there's no risk in putting a 295 on a 10.5" wheel. to be honest a 275 or 285 would be fine on a 10.5 as well, Mustang guys tend to always lean towards the larger width of what wheels can take when going smaller works just as well.