Tony

tony's hellariceflushtasticstangs build thread!

my old double din kicked the bucket after i basically built my bezel around it of course, lol. so i put this pioneer in a few weeks ago. it did'nt wanna sit as flush as i wanted. plus it had a small gap at the bottom. so my trunk is on hold till i get this mounted better. should get that aall done today. was going to buy a whole new bezel but eeehhh. i'll just do a little more work on the one i've done already.

DSCF6757_zps3c661518.jpg

my old double din kicked the bucket after i basically built my bezel around it of course, lol. so i put this pioneer in a few weeks ago. it did'nt wanna sit as flush as i wanted. plus it had a small gap at the bottom. so my trunk is on hold till i get this mounted better. should get that aall done today. was going to buy a whole new bezel but eeehhh. i'll just do a little more work on the one i've done already.

DSCF6757_zps3c661518.jpg

Damn dude. That's unfortunate :/ I'm sure the unflushness of it was making you want to pull your eyeballs out Lol

Damn dude. That's unfortunate :/ I'm sure the unflushness of it was making you want to pull your eyeballs out Lol
hahaaa! yea it kinda was >;(

so heres what i am gonna do. i cut about 3" outta each bucket to shorten the depth so that i will def have enough clearence. they were just touching the top when it was down. this will void any rubbing and noises.

heres the wall with 1 layer of filler and sanded real quick. gonna do some more sanding and hopefully only 1 more layer of filler to finish sand :)

DSCF6827_zps0e364a94.jpg

DSCF6828_zps208c7e14.jpg

the buckets i will seal them back to the rear of the wall. i left a wide lip to attach them to if that makes sense, lol. just trying to shorten them to avoid them rubbing my top when its down.

Hurrrrrrrry uppppppp!!!!!!! Are you painting it or wrapping it?
not 100% sure yet. might do a pole, lol
damn that looks good tony.
i did'nt even see this dude, lol! thanks steve!
Any updates on this?
i am having trouble getting time to really finish it up. i made the trunk floor panel and the access panel to get to the valves. jut need to paint or wrap the wall, wrap the trunk floor panel and makes sides and wrap them. then get to installing :)

i am having trouble getting time to really finish it up. I made the trunk floor panel and the access panel to get to the valves. Jut need to paint or wrap the wall, wrap the trunk floor panel and makes sides and wrap them. Then get to installing :)

you are the man tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Off topic" lol Tony what tire and wheel size were your old 20's and offset.. I am thinkin 20's on back and 18's in front on the daily, tuckin a Lil in the rear

Sent from my iPhone

hell yea! they were 20x8.5 and 10. tires were 225/35 and 275/30's

TONY hurry up, we aint getting any younger. lol.
tell me about it. i made the appointment for my painter to get it in. 2 weeks :( dude is swamped!
Holy crap Tony. Didn't know the wheels were TSW, I thought they were some crazy custom wheels. Nice score, loved them, just didn't know they were TSW. They make the car.
i know what you mean. i was set on staggerd Kompression wheels. deep concave in the rear. $4,800 just for staggered 20" kompressions w/o tires lol. so i waked in to discount tire to get some tires and seen this wheel on display. thinking they would never make them to fit my sn right i asked about them and found out the fitment would be perfect haha. happy guy that day lol. never considered a TSW wheel before at all.
Tonys car = boner-10.jpg?w=500&h=356
lmao...you nasty sum btch

• Moderators

I saw a Celica yesterday the same color as Tony's car. I thought to myself, "Wow Tony makes that color look way better than Toyota did."

Dropped my spoilers off at the paint shop yesterday. That was a happy trip thinking of how nice they will look on the trip back, and then on the car! I am hoping they have it done for the weekend and can't wait to put them back on now.

I saw a Celica yesterday the same color as Tony's car. I thought to myself, "Wow Tony makes that color look way better than Toyota did."
i see them celicas ALL the time now lol!!! funny you mention that. as i was driving back from lancaster OH. we were right next to one the same color for 15 mins on the freeway lmao!! seeing the stock celica with the same paint made me think why did i see this color and want it hahaha!!! cause they look VERY DRAB AND BORING.

what sold me on the color was seeing a new RAV 4 next to me at a stop lght. it was sunny and the color looked sooooo good with the sun hitting it. it a subtle color which imo ya need when doing an aggressive exterior.

i cant tell you the amount of awesome compliments i get just on the color alone at shows!!! then i say its a toyota color and they look bummed or something lol. like they expected it to be a custom one off color. nope :/

Dropped my spoilers off at the paint shop yesterday. That was a happy trip thinking of how nice they will look on the trip back, and then on the car! I am hoping they have it done for the weekend and can't wait to put them back on now.

wrong thread?

• Moderators
i see them celicas ALL the time now lol!!! funny you mention that. as i was driving back from lancaster OH. we were right next to one the same color for 15 mins on the freeway lmao!! seeing the stock celica with the same paint made me think why did i see this color and want it hahaha!!! cause they look VERY DRAB AND BORING.

what sold me on the color was seeing a new RAV 4 next to me at a stop lght. it was sunny and the color looked sooooo good with the sun hitting it. it a subtle color which imo ya need when doing an aggressive exterior.

i cant tell you the amount of awesome compliments i get just on the color alone at shows!!! then i say its a toyota color and they look bummed or something lol. like they expected it to be a custom one off color. nope :/

I'm not a fan at all on the Toyotas I see. It looks kinda girly. Your car makes it look amazing... kinda like hot rodders painting their cars pastel colors.

I'm not a fan at all on the Toyotas I see. It looks kinda girly. Your car makes it look amazing... kinda like hot rodders painting their cars pastel colors.
lol! it actually resembles the s197 mustang color called wind devil blue alot. maybe a tad more blue but not much.

• Moderators
lol! it actually resembles the s197 mustang color called wind devil blue alot. maybe a tad more blue but not much.

Looks like it has a fair amount of pearl in it as well. I love the way the fender looks in your signature. I think this is what convinced me to to go with some pearl in my paint if/when that ever happens. Do you have the Stalker body kit too? I was drooling over that yesterday, but damn the price tag lol.

Looks like it has a fair amount of pearl in it as well. I love the way the fender looks in your signature. I think this is what convinced me to to go with some pearl in my paint if/when that ever happens. Do you have the Stalker body kit too? I was drooling over that yesterday, but damn the price tag lol.
lol, yea its the stalker kit and yea the price tag sucks!!! very over priced!!! nice kit but dam!!!! a nice saleen kit woulda worked out too but i heard alot of horror stories about them so i got this one.

• Moderators
lol, yea its the stalker kit and yea the price tag sucks!!! very over priced!!! nice kit but dam!!!! a nice saleen kit woulda worked out too but i heard alot of horror stories about them so i got this one.

I've always wanted that kit (the picture has been saved on my computer since my dad bought the car 14 years ago), but I'm not sure I can sneak a $2,200 kit past the wife in addition to the $4,500 paint job. Although a '00 R hood, Cobra bumper, and SVO side skirts and exhaust will run me almost as much as the kit.

I've always wanted that kit (the picture has been saved on my computer since my dad bought the car 14 years ago), but I'm not sure I can sneak a $2,200 kit past the wife in addition to the $4,500 paint job. Although a '00 R hood, Cobra bumper, and SVO side skirts and exhaust will run me almost as much as the kit.

400 for 00r. 200 for cobra if you're lucky. 300 for SVo skirts

• Moderators
400 for 00r. 200 for cobra if you're lucky. 300 for SVo skirts

Not to hijack... $595 for '00 R , $350 for Cobra bumper, $225 for S281 spoiler, $300-400 for SVO (which I can't find anywhere), $135 for side scoops, and $650 for Borla side exit exhaust (currently on eBay). Granted the Stalker kit doesn't have the exhaust, so the difference is $500 ish more for the Stalker kit and I'd get the rear bumper with it. Certainly a toss up.

The kit is super subtle on Tony's car which is what brought me back to drooling over it.

Looking good as ever Tony. I think the color works so well, and other similar colors on the SN95's, because the curves really allow a paint like that to show it's best side in all areas.

Looking good as ever Tony. I think the color works so well, and other similar colors on the SN95's, because the curves really allow a paint like that to show it's best side in all areas.
hey mavisky wassup man? long time no see dude!

thanks man, i agree the paint looks pretty good from most any angle. got lucky there, lol

Yea, got busy with some other hobbies and have a daughter on the way now due around the end of August so the "Mustang Money" has been diverted elsewhere. Car's about the same as before and aside from a window motor and a master cylinder it's been just going down the road once a week or so when I decide to pull it out so kinda forgot about these forums.

Yea, got busy with some other hobbies and have a daughter on the way now due around the end of August so the "Mustang Money" has been diverted elsewhere. Car's about the same as before and aside from a window motor and a master cylinder it's been just going down the road once a week or so when I decide to pull it out so kinda forgot about these forums.
well congrats on the baby man!!!

and knowing Tony it's probably better on his car than from the Toyota factory

lol, it's pretty clean. 'ol sonny (guy who paints for me) did an awesome job. the guys 66 years old haha. them old guys dont play!

lol, it's pretty clean. 'ol sonny (guy who paints for me) did an awesome job. the guys 66 years old haha. them old guys dont play!

Better make sure you get all the body work you can out of him before he retires!!