copmagnet

budget 31 spline help

No you don't have to touch the pinion to do what ur doing . I've got good 28spline axles and expect to trap 117-121 mph in the 1/4 an I ain't scared ;)

fuggg i got no idea. lemme shot a text

The HP doesn't necessarily break the axles. It is the torque and load. Applied. Remember ford put the 31 splines axles in the trucks for load purposes . if slicks are gonna be used at all 31 splines axles are a must! Remember safety first!

sent from a midget tossing event!

I found this thread and read through it a couple times but I still have questions.

http://www.sn95source.com/showthread.php?2357-Differential-and-31-Spline-Axle-install

If I am only replacing the differential and axles, do I still need to replace the pinion bearing and crush sleeve (since the preload is already set)? or can I just put my 4.30 on the new diff, shim it and be good?

The HP doesn't necessarily break the axles. It is the torque and load. Applied. Remember ford put the 31 splines axles in the trucks for load purposes . if slicks are gonna be used at all 31 splines axles are a must! Remember safety first!

sent from a midget tossing event!

wrong post tim, look at the one i just quoted