Venom351R

Big day is finally here, time for the new combo to put some numbers down on the dyno!

This friday at Protree performance in Hudson NH. Time is TBA.

Old combo

AFR 185's ( 72cc Combustion chambers)

TFSR Intake

FTI Camshaft

Shorty headers

Bassani X pipe/magnapacks

Approx Compression Ratio : 8:4

Power: 344/347 at the feet

New Combo

Custom CNC Trick Flow 234HR High Ports ( 64cc Combustion Chambers )

Edelbrock Victor EFI

FTI camshaft ( same cam )

Accufab 1 3/4 Long tubes

Custom Mid pipe

Magnapack exhaust system

Approx Compression Ratio: 9:7

Cylinder head flow numbers

Lift Intake Exhaust

.100" ..80 .58

.200" 142 115

.300" 196 150

.400" 258 190

.500" 304 215

.550" 320 220

.600" 333 222

.650" 340 230

.700" 334 236

.750" 340 238

Power: Taking guess's ;)

Edited by Venom351R

356/357 because pushrod power cannot beat modular power :D

Get ready to be knocked off that #1 spot. I'll even post some video so I can throw some salt in the wound lol

^^^^^ I like this guy, give him a raise.

Honestly....

Send that up to corporate!

Seriously, it's a 351 with very well flowing heads & an intake that will keep up.

Do this math:

Peak airflow (pick the number closest to your cam specs) x .257 x 8 = HP potential

Get ready to be knocked off that #1 spot. I'll even post some video so I can throw some salt in the wound lol

I'm not on top, Broncoerci is with 415ft-lbs of torque on his mod motor!

I'm hoping to break 400, but anything over 385 and I'll be happy.

Your hoping to little crap pauls 8.5:1 331 is at 415 with eds 302 cam still in it. Think 1.5hp per cube...do the math. If you dont come close or shall I say relatively close Sell it all and drop a boosted stocker in it lol

Your hoping to little crap pauls 8.5:1 331 is at 415 with eds 302 cam still in it. Think 1.5hp per cube...do the math. If you dont come close or shall I say relatively close Sell it all and drop a boosted stocker in it lol

better to have lower expectations and be surprised than to over expect IMO lol

Accufab TB 75MM

Never know rich, I could have screwed up the rocker adjustment all to holy hell so I guess I really wont know how good I put it back together until then. If I dont come close to my goal I'll just throw on a Vortech S Trim and call it done............

Thats would most likely be the choke point but hell, my entire top end is a choke point LOL!!

It's gonna blow your mind...

Besides, its already "done" with your wallet!

Its not done yet, they had to fab up a mid pipe and fit the exhaust system today. My $300 3" mac Prochamber is useless. Wont clear the drive shaft safety loop w/ out pushing the entire exhaust system down. They Fabed up an X pipe and welded the cats onto it.

Accufab TB 75MM

Never know rich, I could have screwed up the rocker adjustment all to holy hell so I guess I really wont know how good I put it back together until then. If I dont come close to my goal I'll just throw on a Vortech S Trim and call it done............

Well lose is power to lose is disastrous to tight and youll be making 302 power. That said I usually play it safe a bit past quater turn a dab of lock tight and call it a day. Thats after Ive gone threw them like 6 or 7 times hahaha

The big day has been postponed. There is oil leaking from the heads. The Tuner has no idea why so he is calling his engine builder in the morning to figure this out. The oil is deff coming from the heads they put the florescent die in it

I'm already balls deep into what its going to cost just to fix all the issues it had and to fab up a mid pipe + the cost of what the tune will be now it looks like the heads might have to come off it.

From the heads?? You mean from underneath like the head gasket? I'm confused.

That really sucks any way you look at it though.

Yeah trav you sure about that how is oil coming out of the heads? or where on heads are they seeing oil

They ran the UV dye in it, its deff coming out from the heads and not the intake. He said he would put his life on it. He said he has never seen anything like that before, not with the gaskets that I have. He's calling his engine builder in the morning to figure some things out and calling me after. Either way it wont be tuned tomorrow and will probably have to be torn back down to the block again and I'm already up to my eye balls with the cost of what was done while its been there and its not even tuned yet. Plus to rub salt in the wound my $300+ Mac prochamber which has been hacked up and modified cant be used b/c it hits the driveshaft safety loop and pushing the entire exhaust system into the ground so they had to fab up a 3" H Pipe.

yeah between the deck surface and the heads. Its not coming from the valve covers or the intake.

Sounds like a couple problems then. Were the heads checked before install.. bad valve seals and leaky head gasket? Maybe the deck isnt true.

If your looking at the heads the oil is coming out from where the heads contact the block, whether its coming out from above or below the gasket I'm not sure but its coming out from where the head meets the block.

Sounds like a couple problems then. Were the heads checked before install.. bad valve seals and leaky head gasket? Maybe the deck isnt true.

The heads were brand new, they went from the CNC shop to Ed Curtis for some final port work and then to me. If its the deck then I'm going to say fuck it and put in a new block.

I'm hoping its just a gasket issue or something stupid like that. If its the block or the heads the car wont run again for another year b/c by the time the heads were sent off and fixed it would not be worth it and if its the block Id have to pull it out to be resurfaced and at that point I would not bother putting it back in, I'll just get a new damn short block that is 100% right out of the crate.