sn95cobra

Muffler Internal Rattling

Well I have flowmasters on it and the drivers side is rattling like crazy. whats my cheapest option and whats my best option. It's really loud, embarrassing to drive. Right now I have MAC offroad h-pipe on. I really want to go longtubes with a catted h-pipe when I have the money. Chris

Well I have flowmasters on it and the drivers side is rattling like crazy. whats my cheapest option and whats my best option. It's really loud, embarrassing to drive. Right now I have MAC offroad h-pipe on. I really want to go longtubes with a catted h-pipe when I have the money. Chris

What kinda rattling? Like hanger rattle, or exhaust hitting the floor rattle or what? I just put Longtubes on my '98. If you have a modular, may god have mercy on your soul.

Tapatalk made me do it!

if you blew out the packing it's time to replace the muffler. I suggest looking on youtube at exhaust videos. And personally, if you care about performance, don't go with flowmaster, they are known to be incredibly restrictive and mainly just for sound.

if you blew out the packing it's time to replace the muffler. I suggest looking on youtube at exhaust videos. And personally, if you care about performance, don't go with flowmaster, they are known to be incredibly restrictive and mainly just for sound.

I hate the flows on my car, BUT, they were on the car when I bought it and with the longtubes and O/R H pipe, its loud as hell. If you go to the members projects and look up my build project the wus. There's 2 videos of my car with the new exhiast

Tapatalk made me do it!

If the rattle is coming from inside the muffler, you are SOL and it needs to be replaced. I think flowmaster makes weld-ins that you can buy as seperate units, so you don't have to get a brand new exhaust kit.

Yes the muffler is broken down internally. Just wanted to know if its worth it to just replace one muffler or should I get a new catback? What's the better brand names horsepower wise? Chris

The three best brands for performance IMO are Borla, Bassani, and Magnaflow.

Yes the muffler is broken down internally. Just wanted to know if its worth it to just replace one muffler or should I get a new catback? What's the better brand names horsepower wise? Chris

In terms of gains they are all pretty much the same, in terms of build quallity, iRoush covered it pretty well.