Zach

zach's 1995 gt build

Timing is sorted out, was 1 tooth retarded got it at 10* advance with the spout out. The car is not getting real hot around in the center of the normal of the temp gauge but the exhaust is getting super hot my ceramic headers are dis coloring in the bends and one of my plug boots is bubbling up and it's no we're near touching the headers. Need help on this one don't won't to ruin my new engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No tune I was told by my tuner, Doug who used to own bama chips I could start the car and finish breaking it in and it would be safe

Had the distributor 1 tooth off so it was way retarded, but I got that fixed and it's at 10* with the spout out. But it got hot enough to tarnish the ceramic coating just idling in the driveway. And has developed a ticking sound on the passenger rear cylinder between 3 and 4. I just hope it's an exhaust leak and not burnt or warped valves from the heat.

Well things are looking up today; cleaned the maf sensor and the tick I was hearing was and exhaust leak from a blown header gasket to to the extreme egts. Car started and ran a little better, just über lean. It pegged my buddy's wideband guage before I cleaned the maf and after was around 17-16:1 at idle. So will be dropping the car off Friday for a "soft dyno tune" only pulling it to 2500-3000 to get a safe a/f ratio so I can get some beak in miles on it. Also I have a small oil leak at the back of the intake manifold. No big deal will be dropping the car off by my engine builders shop after I get it back from tuning so they can fix it, since they put it on its there's to warranty. So maby by end of next week I can have it fully together to make tacoma cruise in.

Good deal. If your buddy will let you I'd hang onto that wideband for a while to keep an eye on it after the tune. Were you able to just tighten down the header bolts and stop the leak or will you need to change the gasket? The car sounds good in the video btw.

New gaskets the ones mac sent with the headers were just some cheap off brand , so I got some felpros and that did the trick.

Defiantly I dropped it off today for tuning, I'm going out of town this weekend so hopefully I'll have some good news on it Monday or Tuesday. Then I can get the oil leak fixed and it needs some valve adjustment and I'll be good as gold

Hey there still 3 weeks left so who knows lol. But there's no doubt that I will have the car at mw 15

Picked the car up from tuning all is good there, took the car 5 miles down the road to my engine builder to get the oil leak fixed. Mabey I can get it back soon so I can finish getting it back together.

Well there's good news for today; safely no update if the cars done being fixed yet. But luckily I picked up a lone wolf 16x83 utility trailer with dual trailer brakes, new tires and 3,500 lb axles for a freakin steal. Only problem is it has a big gate style ramp that is no were near long enough to get the slope I need to get my car on it. But for the price I couldn't pass it up so looks like I will try getting some ramps fabbed up soon so I can get the car to mw.

NICE!!!  Great steal.  You should be able to just fab extensions that slip over the existing ramps, make them out of aluminum.  That way you don't have these long ass ramps extended up in the air while you're driving.

Well finally got the dam thing home and I think the iac valve took a dump on me. The car was idling fine all afternoon then after moving it the Rpms got stuck at like 1200-1500 and would just stay there. Will look more into it Friday when I can work on it again, and hopefully will have it drivable by Saturday.

3u8e8evu.jpg well it is finally streetable, got my hanging idle fixed just wish I could get it appraised insured and a tag on a saterday so it would be at mw. But all is good have a few projects when I get home from mw starter is having major heat soak issues, and is struggling to re-crank after a trip around the block. The inner fenders need some massaging after I dropped it another 1" and plan to bring it down another 1/2"-1" .

hapesu2u.jpg. enysuda9.jpg. a7emeru8.jpg. Well finally got her out and running, got all my small issues sorted. But the starter is still having trouble stumped on that one. Also got my glow shift guages installed.

@Steve-Oh I didn't like how they fit on some of the edges, and I sold them for what I paid. and am gonna wait to when I repaint the car to shave the panels like you have.

Looks really good man.  Looks like a great car to go cruising around in.  That sucks about the Scott Rod panels, but I think after you redo them the end result will be better.  Have you tried any heat blankets or shields to alleviate the heat soak from the starter?

Ya I have a 2 guage wire from the box to the fuse box than the factory wiring to the starter. I think that May be the issue because it narrows to 4 guage at one point, so I'm gonna try running an 0 guage strait to the starter from the box.

@Steve-Oh I didn't like how they fit on some of the edges, and I sold them for what I paid. and am gonna wait to when I repaint the car to shave the panels like you have.

*sigh*! I thought you gave up! Very good then, keep on doing awesome things!

just read through this thread.  very nice basic build.  do you plan to take it back for a better tune and then get some numbers?

just read through this thread. very nice basic build. do you plan to take it back for a better tune and then get some numbers?

yes I have put around 500 miles an the car now, and need to change the break in oil out soon. Also need set up a date for additional tuning and to get some rwhp numbers. And thanks I tried to keep it kinda basic with my limited budget but to Atleast get a solid drive terrain and all the little bugs worked out for this year. I will problably start on the more meticulous thing in the coming months.

Wire from battery in trunk to power dist box came out of the terminal on the dist box under the fender. Now we are waiting on jack lug wrench and other tools.

That sucks about the power wire, and I second @Det_Riot that I won't ever truly hide my fuse box for that reason. The minute I make it hard to get to, I'll blow a fuse, even though in 11 years of ownership I've never blown one lol.

Side note, I love those gauges!

Well after about 4 hours in the parking lot not only was a wire from the dist box pulled,but the ground strap from the battery somehow found it's way loose. but it was fixed and we made it home about 11:30.

That sucks about the power wire, and I second @Det_Riot that I won't ever truly hide my fuse box for that reason. The minute I make it hard to get to, I'll blow a fuse, even though in 11 years of ownership I've never blown one lol.

Side note, I love those gauges!

. Thanks I plan on eventually making a panel to replace the original cluster and do a tac, speedo, and other guages for it.

. Thanks I plan on eventually making a panel to replace the original cluster and do a tac, speedo, and other guages for it.

If you have any questions let me know! I'm. A pro hahahha