GearGambler

Corbeau LG1s

I'm wondering if anyone has the Corbeau LG1s in their car? If yes, could you post up some pics and opinions on those seats?

I also have some questions aroudn how the seat belt works. I have a vert, so the seat belt is totally different than a coupe.

Thanks for the pics Rolocut! Those are EXACTLY the ones I had my eye on (black / gray suede). My 94gt convertible is black with the black top, and the black and gray interior. I see what you're saying about the harness.

How comfortable are they would you say?

Steve, thanks for checking on that for me! The more I drive my car, the more I want the LG1s. 74 miles one way dictates the necessity of a comfortable seat. and the seats in my cobra with 25k miles on them are pretty damn comfy! I already replaced my tore up original seats with the same ones in better condition, but that was two years ago... the ones in my 94 are now pretty worn down - foam in the bolsters is mush, you can almost feel the frames through the seat, etc...

Anyone else have these in their ride?

Personally I had 03 04 cobra seats in my car and I liked those much much better for comfort. However lg1s are comfy. For a street car. Do yourself a favor and keep your stock belts lol. It's a pain and it kind of hurt to jump over the door bar and fall on a harness hub. I would take 03 cobra seats over lg1s for the same money. And you need to buy brackets and sliders for the corbeaus. Both will be unique and both will satisfy you leaps and bounds over the stockers. [ATTACH]2920[/ATTACH]

post-584-13881838751491_thumb.jpg

I see one recommends the stock cobra seats over the LG1s due to comfort but what about holding you in while gaining some lateral g's? Stocks hold you at all?

I talked to corbeau today. They have adapters to mount to the stock rails or their own brackets. Adapters raise the seat up. Corbeau brackets keep the stock height. There are no accommodations for the convertible seat belt guides - and there are two in a 94 vert. One off the head rest and the other next to the recline lever. So the stock belt will just lay almost in the back seat so you have to reach back for it.

They don't make rear seat covers to match for 94+. Not enough demand they said.

Seat heater circuit needs to be added - 12v 5 amp. Rocker switch remotely mounted somewhere in the car.

I see one recommends the stock cobra seats over the LG1s due to comfort but what about holding you in while gaining some lateral g's? Stocks hold you at all?

03-04 cobra seats hold you in just as well as a corbeaus

Thanks again for your input! Good to know that the 03/04 cobra seats are also an option!

I would love to find some 03 or 04 cobra seats that are in good shape that also match my gray / black interior. They will certainly be used though. The Corbeau seats will be brand new.

Thats pretty sweet! I didnt even know they existed!

Do they have that for the back seats? I'm still leaning towards the LG1s. I'm thinking I may fall in love with them when I head out there on the 10th.

Thanks again for your input! Good to know that the 03/04 cobra seats are also an option!

I would love to find some 03 or 04 cobra seats that are in good shape that also match my gray / black interior. They will certainly be used though. The Corbeau seats will be brand new.

Corbeau seats will be used right after you open the box lol.

Thats pretty sweet! I didnt even know they existed!

Do they have that for the back seats? I'm still leaning towards the LG1s. I'm thinking I may fall in love with them when I head out there on the 10th.

Yeah you should see the Bullitt's seats. I had a hand in making those happen. I donated my perfectly good seats to TMI for R&D and in return the reupholstered mine with their new foam and material and even did a two tone for me. As far as your question you can either do just the buckets or you can do a full set. The back you will just reuse the foam back there and put the new upholstery on. If this is a route you end up taking let me know I will help you any way I can.

Oooo new options I see. I was considering the termi seats but they have the cobra logo on them. Nothing wrong with the cobra logo but I just don't have a cobra. Will the reupholster aid? Are the Mach 1 and Bullit seats as good as the termi seats?

Are the Mach 1 and Bullit seats as good as the termi seats?

I'll leave the first part up to Steve to answer. I dont think that the Mach 1 and Bullitt seats will have the same bolstering as the 03/04 cobra seats.

I'm still leaning towards the corbeaus. I will know more after Saturday!

Having sat in all of them, 01 Cobra, Bullitt, Mach 1, and 03/04 Cobra you can't go wrong with any of them as they have more bolster than a normal seat. Now what I can speak for is that TMI has increased the bolster in the Bullitt foam and upholstery that they did and it hugs you like a fat woman. Mike if you are coming to the show this weekend I can bring the B and let you sit in it and get a feel for the seats.

At one point in time I had a set of Corbeau CR1's and they were hands down the most uncomfortable seats I ever had. With that said, they did keep my fat ass in them rather than sliding around. I would go with 03/04 Cobra seats for comfort and performance.

At one point in time I had a set of Corbeau CR1's and they were hands down the most uncomfortable seats I ever had. With that said, they did keep my fat ass in them rather than sliding around. I would go with 03/04 Cobra seats for comfort and performance.

I agree with you. I took out my termi seats dude to them rubbing on my door bar. I didn't have the heart to ruin a seat of dark inserts. So I bought corbeau lg1s. They hug you good but comfort is far less. Idk something about those cobra seats just held you in like no other and were as comfy st a 3000 dollar leather chair.

On going project, 94 cobra, r block, tfsr225, hp efi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have an 03 cobra and drove the snot out of it last weekend - those seats sure are comfy! i'm looking for something that is just better than my 20 year old seats that are totally worn out. anything new will be an improvement.

- - - Updated - - -

I sat in the CR1s - didnt really like them.

I like them - a LOT.

Here are some pro's and cons to consider.

The LG1s can have a seat heater installed in them. Also you can order them with the submarine belt accommodation for a 5 point harness. There are three products from Corbeau to mount the seats in your mustang - adapters (raises the seat up), single locking sliders, double locking sliders. bolsters are not adjustable, but you can get them in a standard or Wide version.

The cobra seats require power. not just for up down forward and back, but the BOLSTERS are also adjustable on the seat as well as the seat back for the drivers side. The passenger side cobra seat is non-adjustable / not power - manual slider only.

I played with the cobra seat bolster adjustments this weekend when I took the terminator out to Long Island for the weekend. Those seats are absolutely awesome.

I haven't driven the 95 with the LG1s installed in them, but they are installed! They are exponentially more comfortable than the stock 94 seats.