Rolocut

New build thread, stay tuned

This is why I did not post anywhere of what happened because all the pro drivers come out. Of course you could do the what if or why didnt you game. Instinct would not be to shift into third then into neutral or grab the key. Next step instinct would not be oh you know I am just skidding the front tires and cars still moving forward, possibly still gaining speed, let me make a milk shake and have a peanut butter sandwich then turn the key off.  

im allergic to peanuts tho, so could it be a ham and turkey sammich?  :D 

This is why I did not post anywhere of what happened because all the pro drivers come out. Of course you could do the what if or why didnt you game. Instinct would not be to shift into third then into neutral or grab the key. Next step instinct would not be oh you know I am just skidding the front tires and cars still moving forward, possibly still gaining speed, let me make a milk shake and have a peanut butter sandwich then turn the key off.  

i know it's easy to sit behind a keyboard and claim your ken block. In reality you did the best you could in the situation.  i don't think i would have been able to do any better.  i think i probably would have oversteered the hell out of that corner and ended up flipping over the guardrail and ending up in that river or whatever it is.  again, sorry if my comment came out that way.  i'm glad you're okay.  we don't need any more forum members deaths.

I don't think Ryan was criticizing you Nick, I know it's definitely a situation that is hard to compose yourself instantly in. I hope you don't think anyone was attacking you or your driving. I mean really, a few seconds at least would be spent thinking "wait, what the fuck is going on?"

Side note, picturing someone skidding uncontrollably in a car making a milk shake while eating a PB&J is a pretty funny thought.

I don't think Ryan was criticizing you Nick, I know it's definitely a situation that is hard to compose yourself instantly in. I hope you don't think anyone was attacking you or your driving. I mean really, a few seconds at least would be spent thinking "wait, what the fuck is going on?"

Side note, picturing someone skidding uncontrollably in a car making a milk shake while eating a PB&J is a pretty funny thought.

you watch, that'll be in gymkhana 8.

For a 50mph collision I'm surprised the car doesn't look way worse than it does.

Its pretty bad, Pics are not close up. Front fender is completely crushed and balled up into the door, fire wall is bent and twisted, floor boards and trans tunnel compressed about 5 inches, k member is mangled along with motor mounts a-arm and strut, rear end is bent, luckily the through floor frame connectors and 6 point moly roll bar prob helped save me from having issues.

DAMN!!! Sorry to hear man! Always sucks when you poured a lot of time money and effort into a car, and something catastrophic like this happens. Glad you're okay man, you built that car right. Hope you find another body to stick that stuff into.

I would really like to hear more about what you can find that caused the Lokar cable to bind up. I have their universal cable too.

I agree if this is an issue with that cable then maybe we can save others from the same fate. I know @Psychorugby was planning to run one on his car... not so much after hearing this

So, yes i did have extra insurance on this car, Had 25k in accessory coverage plus the price of the car. Ill mess with the cable in a week or so. When i pull the car all apart. I still cannot pull the cable forward to close the throttle body. Not sure what happened, cable was fine for over 3 years