Blackmage

outrageous crankcase pressure and vacuum lines 96-98 cobra?

Alrightyyyyy, did the 4v swap couple years ago, and since then I have been noticing I get some pretty crazy crankcase pressure. When I turn off the car it makes some pretty funky sounds like air is whistling out of it. And if i pop the hood and pull the dipstick or open the oil cap, i get an extremely noticeable *PSHHHHH*. EGR is deleted, as well as the air injection. The PCV on the passenger head goes straight into the intake tube. The PCV of the drivers side, has a line running from the drivers side of the intake straight into it. Then I have a line running from the same PCV to the back of the intake manifold. I know I have a T fitting on that line, and I think it goes straight to the Fuel pressure regulator.

Any ideas why Im getting so much pressure in the crank case? When I did a compression test as I was putting the motor in, everything was good that I can remember. I'll try to do one again here, but not sure where else to go with it...

this pic should help a little bit.

IMG_3062.jpg

does it run excessively rich? usually when it runs rich the crank case pressure blows past the rings. leaking prematurely at the rear seal and crank is an indicator.

- - - Updated - - -

pcv valve also.

I'm actually seeing leaking from my valve cover gaskets into the spark plug holes. A little bit in all the holes. Havnt been home yet to try starting it and pullin the oil cap to see what that does

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

alrighty, so someone over at SVTperf made a comment about not supposed to have 2 PCV valves. Removed the one on the passenger side head, put in just an elbow to the intake tube, and WHAMO! problem fixed.

alrighty, so someone over at SVTperf made a comment about not supposed to have 2 PCV valves. Removed the one on the passenger side head, put in just an elbow to the intake tube, and WHAMO! problem fixed.

Yup, with 2 valves it can't release the air that's built up because the valves are trapping it in. Even the 2 valves have a pcv valve to plenum on the pass side and straight tube to intake on drivers side

Sent from my MILESTONE3 using Tapatalk 2

Yup, with 2 valves it can't release the air that's built up because the valves are trapping it in. Even the 2 valves have a pcv valve to plenum on the pass side and straight tube to intake on drivers side

Sent from my MILESTONE3 using Tapatalk 2

Yea, once i thought about it, it makes sense. Never gave it much thought, then i went over to my 2v and noticed exactly what you just said.