haterbuilt

my turbo cobra

This thing is awesome! Great job on the engine bay work! Looks even better than it did before which seemed hard to do. Any tips/tricks for anyone else trying to do this?

Looks badass man!

One thing I'd change if it were mine is I'd paint the intake tube to the throttle body gloss black. I think it would fit with the gloss finish on the cam covers and with the gloss black on the exterior of the car better. And since I know you're a paint/body guy by trade that would be easy for you to do, lol.

If you like the flat/satin pipe that's cool, just a suggestion :thumb:

Looks badass man!

One thing I'd change if it were mine is I'd paint the intake tube to the throttle body gloss black. I think it would fit with the gloss finish on the cam covers and with the gloss black on the exterior of the car better. And since I know you're a paint/body guy by trade that would be easy for you to do, lol.

If you like the flat/satin pipe that's cool, just a suggestion :thumb:

I completely agree but I'm gettin accufab throttle body and I also want to actually do the pipe in a snake skin pattern.. I dont know how it would look but I wonna try!

Det_Riot I honestly would tell you it really is easy and don't get overwhelmed when you unwrap the loom. Trace all the connectors and separate them, put new looms over each connector. You can use the new style crimp connectors with heat shrink( soldering is optional crimps are what all dealerships use now including us), if you delete connectors just put heat shrink over it and clean cut the connector wire so the wire is not exposed, and just put a piece of tape over each wire that has heat shrink over it for added safety.

To everyone else thanks! I'm hoping by this winter I will have my t56, cage, alumastar 2.0 and weld rt-s on it so I can take it down the track!

I completely agree but I'm gettin accufab throttle body and I also want to actually do the pipe in a snake skin pattern.. I dont know how it would look but I wonna try!

Det_Riot I honestly would tell you it really is easy and don't get overwhelmed when you unwrap the loom. Trace all the connectors and separate them, put new looms over each connector. You can use the new style crimp connectors with heat shrink( soldering is optional crimps are what all dealerships use now including us), if you delete connectors just put heat shrink over it and clean cut the connector wire so the wire is not exposed, and just put a piece of tape over each wire that has heat shrink over it for added safety.

To everyone else thanks! I'm hoping by this winter I will have my t56, cage, alumastar 2.0 and weld rt-s on it so I can take it down the track!

Hey man, just a thought... My best friends family friend owns "Houston Hydro Dip" and could dip that intake tube in a snake skin pattern or any other pattern you could imagine. Check them out on FB. He does great work. Hoping to have my cam covers done by him in a black/white smoke when I go home in October.

good god man! :smiley-happy059:great job man!

thanks alot man! i've put so much into this car and its finally showing!

beasty! :rockon:

thanks brother! your car looks great too and different! follow me on instagram @sn95sonly and ill give you a feature!

as i said at MW, amazing car man. the HRE's look great on there.

thanks man i love the wheels and i've been really fortunate to score the wheels

Love it man! You should come up to Norfolk one weekend and help me tuck and hide wires! lol

haha man i'd love to its not that bad!

Hey man, just a thought... My best friends family friend owns "Houston Hydro Dip" and could dip that intake tube in a snake skin pattern or any other pattern you could imagine. Check them out on FB. He does great work. Hoping to have my cam covers done by him in a black/white smoke when I go home in October.

i will check that out!