Whiplash473

-:Dat Dirty Stance Thread:-

• Moderators
F100's and 67-72 Chevy/GMC trucks are the best looking trucks that have ever existed IMO.

I will have a a second gen F100 (although I am getting in the Chevys and the 60s short beds as well). Gotta finish the 66 and 95, then build my wife a Comet... then decide between a Lincoln Continental convertible or an F100.

This is one of my favorite trucks (Crown Vic front suspension and Coyote motor I think)

post-229-13881839693687_thumb.jpg

Ugh I loved that truck, I shed a tear when they beat the shit out of it in the chase scene :(

They made 3 of them for the movie. Stallone still has the "real" one.

man are you sure we're not related, lol. i do have family in PA :P

Haha, great minds think alike possibly?

Any I'm actually from the northern panhandle of WV, Wheeling to be exact. I moved to Pittsburgh 6 years ago :thumb:

Very nice Tony, I've spent entirely too much time on AirSociety lol. Saved many trunk setup pics from there trying to get ideas, took me forever to come up with something fresh that I haven't seen done yet, lol. I still can't decide what to do finish-wise on my tank. I'd love some crazy air brushing but not sure what would fit with the theme of my car.

Very nice Tony, I've spent entirely too much time on AirSociety lol. Saved many trunk setup pics from there trying to get ideas, took me forever to come up with something fresh that I haven't seen done yet, lol. I still can't decide what to do finish-wise on my tank. I'd love some crazy air brushing but not sure what would fit with the theme of my car.
no man i would'nt do any air brushing. the look of the trunk for others is a cool industrial vibe with the link ends and tank. i would polish some things and brush others for some contrast. layout is perfect!!! love it

no man i would'nt do any air brushing. the look of the trunk for others is a cool industrial vibe with the link ends and tank. i would polish some things and brush others for some contrast. layout is perfect!!! love it

Yea I'm thinking solid colors. Probably going to brush any aluminum pieces, do the steel parts dark gray metallic powder coat like my blower piping, and still undecided on color for the tank. Maybe I should do the mounting frame in gloss red powder coat, then do the tank in dark gray metallic powder coat...hmm

Yea I'm thinking solid colors. Probably going to brush any aluminum pieces, do the steel parts dark gray metallic powder coat like my blower piping, and still undecided on color for the tank. Maybe I should do the mounting frame in gloss red powder coat, then do the tank in dark gray metallic powder coat...hmm
aw yea i forgot ya had some grey piping under the hood. that would tie it together nicely. i would'nt do any kind of airbrushed scene on the tank. like a pic of your car in the street being puled over by cops....lmfao!! dont do that man lol

aw yea i forgot ya had some grey piping under the hood. that would tie it together nicely. i would'nt do any kind of airbrushed scene on the tank. like a pic of your car in the street being puled over by cops....lmfao!! dont do that man lol

HHAHAHAHAHA, oh hell no....no murals ever on anything I own. I meant like simulated aircraft panels, rusty patina, the shark teeth WWII bomb look, etc... but I think it would be really out of place in my car.

Anyway, sorry for the thread derail guys lol.

HHAHAHAHAHA, oh hell no....no murals ever on anything I own. I meant like simulated aircraft panels, rusty patina, the shark teeth WWII bomb look, etc... but I think it would be really out of place in my car.

paint the tank rio red and airbrush the word craftsman on the tank fuuuk it :P

j/k dude you love some rusty patina huh? if you could get the tank done that way i would have to say it would look amazing. then maybe polish some other pieces ya have long with the brushed aluminum. almost be like a sick set of wheels with machined spokes and polished lips. good look imo.

i do NOT make any sense when i type shit :ohwell:

• Moderators

Still trying to talk my friend into doing something with his air tank on his Bug. I keep telling him to get a pony keg mounted in the roof rack and either run lines to the compressor or section the keg and make half an air tank and the other half hide the compressor.

• Moderators

[MENTION=270]Steve@CJPP[/MENTION] Love me some old trucks! I want a second gen F100 so bad I can't see straight. I'll probably be 80 by the time I get one though.

paint the tank rio red and airbrush the word craftsman on the tank fuuuk it :P

j/k dude you love some rusty patina huh? if you could get the tank done that way i would have to say it would look amazing. then maybe polish some other pieces ya have long with the brushed aluminum. almost be like a sick set of wheels with machined spokes and polished lips. good look imo.

i do NOT make any sense when i type shit :ohwell:

Haha I understood your post the first time through, lol don't be too hard on yourself ;)

I am considering the air brushed rust/patina with a gloss clear over it. It may look cool but I'm still up in the air on all the finishes and colors I'm going to use. The wheels aren't gonna change though, I like the look of brushed but my wheels have a really cool machined/ribbed polished finish on the centers. It's hard to describe but this pic kinda shows it, look at the reflection on the spoke that is covering the "A" on the brake caliper.

b14a2e5a.jpg

Still trying to talk my friend into doing something with his air tank on his Bug. I keep telling him to get a pony keg mounted in the roof rack and either run lines to the compressor or section the keg and make half an air tank and the other half hide the compressor.

I actually remember seeing someone that was running a dual tank setup once consisting of a 3 gal tank connected to a spare wheel and tire in the tire well. They had a matching BBS wheel with a tire mounted on it, then the air line ran into it where the valve stem would be. The wheel/tire no doubt didn't hold much air but I had to give them come credit for the creativity.

Now if you ever needed that spare, you're kind of out of luck lol.

Haha I understood your post the first time through, lol don't be too hard on yourself ;)

The wheels aren't gonna change though, I like the look of brushed but my wheels have a really cool machined/ribbed polished finish on the centers. It's hard to describe but this pic kinda shows it, look at the reflection on the spoke that is covering the "A" on the brake caliper.

b14a2e5a.jpg

no mam, lol. i'm saying polish and brushed pieces in your trunk would look how a wheel that's machined spokes and polished lip looks. the contrasting metal finishes in your trunk would look cool. hahahaha, this turned into an unexplainable mess for me :P

i love your wheels though. def dont mess with them, i agree lol.

no mam, lol. i'm saying polish and brushed pieces in your trunk would look how a wheel that's machined spokes and polished lip looks. the contrasting metal finishes in your trunk would look cool. hahahaha, this turned into an unexplainable mess for me :P

i love your wheels though. def dont mess with them, i agree lol.

Ohhh I see, Guess I did misunderstand the post lol.