Steve-Oh

Here you go Kaitlyn

Guest mustang_gtchick

LOL i know i should be comparing a 8,000 pound truck to it but when my 6.0 lags its bad! but they are two different worlds!!! yes i have 3.55s

Yes, basically you will make more power with a stock cam vs a high lift cam

Turbo cams should have no overlap

Im actually learning how much power you lose with a big cam the hard way.....lol

Well high lift can be ok, with the LSA in check.. One has to give in order to make the other effective

Sent from my iPhone

how ive got my car's build going is in the good hands of bob kurgan, Like ive said i dont completely understand whats best for a turbo and whats best to use and Bob is about the best person in Mod motor i know. I dont want to post my cars specs because its really anyones business to be posted on the internet. ive stated a few mods in the past but now its pretty much going to be a different car and i prefer to keep it to myself

Miss2 it's okay to talk about your build, bragging rights are awesome and fun. I have a lot of friends that like to surprise people and pull up to the track and are very disappointed because they should have just talked about it and got some good pointers from others that been there before, I see you have trust in your engine builder that's awesome of you not many people have 100% complete trust like that lol. I know if it was my money being spent I would be talking about it with you guys just to make sure it's the best choice. Remember this your builder is human and errors will happen, I guess what I'm saying is don't be scared to ask him questions, be part of the build as much as possible I would be taking pictures of as many steps as I can. Ask him what he likes for lunch and bring him lunch and just talk about your build the more involved the better it is for you. I'm sorry please don't take this info the wrong way I'm just trying to help, as a shop manager dealing with customers on vehicles all day long women sometimes feel like they are taken for a ride when truly the only difference between woman and man is, man has no shame in asking some of the stupidest questions and not afraid of the response where as I see that women trend not to ask as many questions. And I sometimes just wonder why. But don't get upset with my post :)

Guest mustang_gtchick

i dont mind talking about my build at all, i love sharing it! it just kind of rubs me the wrong way when people turn a whole thread into flaming me for the specs on my cars, and they question if i own them. yeah i have a cobra, it made 600hp is that bad? but i dont mind people telling me advise and helping me out but like it said it was just how they approached me with it thats all

i dont mind talking about my build at all, i love sharing it! it just kind of rubs me the wrong way when people turn a whole thread into flaming me for the specs on my cars, and they question if i own them. yeah i have a cobra, it made 600hp is that bad? but i dont mind people telling me advise and helping me out but like it said it was just how they approached me with it thats all

Got ya. Yeah I can understand how that may have made you feel, Well thanks for the reply and not getting upset with me :) I hope to see more on your project :)

Also, just FYI, the torque converter on a drag specific setup likes to eat up Hp on the dyno, most of the time it either won't lock up, or it just spins after a certain power #. Just sayin.

that's not really true...the only reason it woulnt lock is if its a poop converter not built for the power...my multi disc plate would have no problems locking at wot with 600, 700, 800 rwhp, that's what its made for.

A single disc converter won't hold the power though and a non locking converter is the easier way to go on a higher hp.setup.

Do you know.if your running a locking or non locking converter Kaitlin?

A non locking converter rapes power on a dyno but judging by her previous power # she is running a lock up unit