Orange 94

Orange SIXXXER Build thread

Hey guys! Thought I'd check in! I go through the forum often, but rarely post.

If you don't know, I'm pretty busy on the other SN forum. Doing Global moderator, facebook moderator, rotm coordinator and twitter admin.
Haha, but I like to pop in here every now and then.

Haven't done much on the car lately.... Went back for the weekend. Put stabilizer in the car and ran it for awhile. Man, I want to drive this :( have to wait til May though

Crappy cell phone media! :)

O9OZ30rl.jpg

XiOQrGWl.jpg

4pZfSTVl.jpg

Crappy cell video...

Suppose to be a nasty storm hitting tonight, gotta drive 2.5hrs tomorrow. Should be fun. So glad I have a beater.

I can't even fathom snow starting in September... hats off to you because I would go into deep depression lol.

Wasn't it supposed to snow in Pitt this weekend?  :wacko:

Orange, looks and sounds ( . Y . ) 's!!   B-) 

Cars looking and sounding good man! Even if you don't have car things to post stop in and say hello, we don't but... Well maybe @tony but just don't piss him off

Thanks!

Tony is too low.. he'll just nip at heels.

I can't even fathom snow starting in September... hats off to you because I would go into deep depression lol.

Haha, at times its rough... it was fun in the truck, well when it would stop when you wanted it to. 4x4 drifting was fun.

Wasn't it supposed to snow in Pitt this weekend?  :wacko:

Orange, looks and sounds ( . Y . ) 's!!   B-)

Thanks!

The weather was too too bad. It was gross at midnight, that was a fun drive home.... first time driving the focus in this shit. Makes a good snow plow. On the highway this morning it was mostly slush.

So on the highway, in butt fuck nowhere... my window wiper decided to exploded. super happy. The arm started scratching the shit out of my window. So I pulled over and put a balloon on it lmao.

QFT.  I probably wouldn't even bother with a car hobby if the good weather window was that small where I live.

good ingenuity but who keeps balloons in their car?

Working on a $5 stirling engine ("Balloon style"). The project was beside me, first thing I figured would work. Once I cooled down, I couldn't stop laughing at the thing.

Finished finals!

One more semester to go and I'm DONE.

Got my hoonigan ratchet T-shirt. I think it suits me as a mech engineer.

oJLj9Ynl.jpg

RMaOGrkl.jpg

Have some other goodies on the way for the car :)

I love the shirt! I've drawn thousands of exploded views in the last 7.5 years at my job so that shirt definitely strikes a chord with me!

What do you do again?

Are your drawings by hand or on computer?

I use mainly solidworks for my stuff.

What do you do again?

Are your drawings by hand or on computer?

I use mainly solidworks for my stuff.

I'm an industrial designer. It varies from project to project, some are hand drawn, others are computer generated...it depends what the deliverables are for the project. I use a mixture of alias for hand drawing, solidworks for modeling, autocad for some stuff, etc.

Got my lug nuts!

I'm iffy about Aluminium lugs so I went with these monster forged steel extended lug nuts.

These are the titanium finish, more like smoked chrome though.

MkKDR82l.jpg

zGIpQzZl.jpg

97qo1Usl.jpg

There's a few I'm not happy with the finish, but they'll still look good.

Overall they're okay, paid too much. They'll be nicer then my ugly acorns. Wish there were more options for mustangs.

I'll install them ones I can stand being in the garage. Its very cold right now.

Got my lug nuts!

I'm iffy about Aluminium lugs so I went with these monster forged steel extended lug nuts.

These are the titanium finish, more like smoked chrome though.

MkKDR82l.jpg

zGIpQzZl.jpg

97qo1Usl.jpg

There's a few I'm not happy with the finish, but they'll still look good.

Overall they're okay, paid too much. They'll be nicer then my ugly acorns. Wish there were more options for mustangs.

I'll install them ones I can stand being in the garage. Its very cold right now.

When @WildWillyWalker was looking I directed him to eBay and he was able to find a blue set that worked for his car, but there are plenty of options out there for ya bud.

$_12.JPG

When @WildWillyWalker was looking I directed him to eBay and he was able to find a blue set that worked for his car, but there are plenty of options out there for ya bud.

Those are aluminium though correct? After a quick search I can't find any the right threads either.

I don't really like the idea of aluminium lugs...

I just don't see a lot of good repition brands that have sizes for us.

Yea 1/2-20 isn't usually a thread size offered in the cool looking lugs, I briefly went down the road of wanting nice lugs and gave up because I read mixed reviews on aluminum lugs too. I was planning to get the Monster lugs but ended up needing to spend the cash elsewhere first. Still on the list though :2thumb:

Yea 1/2-20 isn't usually a thread size offered in the cool looking lugs, I briefly went down the road of wanting nice lugs and gave up because I read mixed reviews on aluminum lugs too. I was planning to get the Monster lugs but ended up needing to spend the cash elsewhere first. Still on the list though :2thumb:

Yeah, I've been looking for awhile. Could have spent double and gone with NRG, or cheap with sickspeed. But they're both aluminium. Just makes me nervous... I feel much better about forged steel. Unless I could get a big brand name, I'd rather stick with steel.

Those are aluminium though correct? After a quick search I can't find any the right threads either.

I don't really like the idea of aluminium lugs...

I just don't see a lot of good repition brands that have sizes for us.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20PC-FORD-MUSTANG-FORGED-RACING-LUG-NUTS-1-2-20-ORANGE-/360325421549?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item53e51199ed

These are forged aluminum and @WildWillyWalker has had them (or something similar) on his car for years and never had any problems, but I understand if you have your concerns.

My lug nuts are from sickspeed and I haven't had a problem yet. I may end up replacing them next year because the anodizing is getting scuffed from taking them off so much.

The lug nuts you posted from Arospeed and Vision Motorsports look exactly the same. I'm pretty sure one manufacturer supplies all these never-before-heard-of companies.

Either way, nice lug nuts you got @Orange 94

Mind sharing a link?

Yeah, I'm sure aluminium ones are typically fine. I know lots of people with the sickspeed ones. I've just read a ton of bad reviews about AL in general. Aluminium does have different shear strength. I know lots of AL users don't torque them down as much. With the studs and lugs being different material it add issues with exapansion, I forget which has a higher expansion coefficient, but you'll either have them get loose or start thermal stress. There can also be issue with corrosion, two different materials in contact creates a nice battery.

I'm sure AL is fine, but with forged steel I don't have any doubt in my mind.

@WildWillyWalker I got them through us muscle mods. They're available in lots of places and there are a few more finishes then they have.

http://www.usmusclemods.com/t/categories/lug-nuts

The finish on my titanium ones is okay. Couple I'm not happy with, but they shouldnt show. I'm planning on getting a locking set if these don't look like crap super quick. So I'll just replace the few I'm not happy with.

Hoping they last okay, not like my car should be exposed to anything horrible.

I should also mention that Monster is Muteki, which seems to be sold by lots of companies. Only negative thing I've read about the company is some of the finishes like neo isn't great.

I'll post pictures once I install these.

Lug nuts installed!

The fronts look good, nothing special. The back I think looks very good!
My dad isn't an open lug fan, but I like them.

Excuse my filthy car...

WBJmDuwl.jpg

Front

u26RnBal.jpg

bcAt4Tvl.jpg

rear

qHVTrz3l.jpg

SsfwUgjl.jpg

rF3198Fl.jpg

jIIGyBUl.jpg

D6G6wxbl.jpg

Not everyone's nasty, but I think its a bit different.

Also, random interior shot.

Q7druCfl.jpg

Very surprised to see these this morning! Last I checked it looked like these were stuck in ohio for over a week.

Took me awhile to convince myself about a corner with amber... but I got chrome depo corners.
I'll have to see how they fit, but so far I'm happy with the quality. The rubber is a million times better.

HpT5nlPl.jpg

7xHDc8Bl.jpg

bYolGIcl.jpg

I actually kinda dig the amber corners. I see cars with amber corners sometimes and I think damn, would kinda go well with amber export tails...hmm lol

Yea, some cars they look incredible. I really didn't want to give up my oem style corners with no amber reflecters, but got so fed up with the shitty quality. The depo seem to fit wayyyy better so far. The rubber is a million times better too.

The corners look okay by themselves... but they'll really pop with the new headlights that are on the way. Hope the risk i took pays off...

New eyes came!

-Depo Black Diamond Headlights
-Depo Chrome Diamond Corners

Vd8zYMpl.jpg

MAp1J6ol.jpg

Test fit, still need to be aligned. The fitment and quality are much higher than anything I've had before. I like the way they look, I think I can make them work with my car :)

tJJsRjml.jpg

UNSZBijl.jpg

Bonus pictures

kR3ygJEl.jpg

fgIKTUUl.jpg

pxfZzXPl.jpg

Moved the car out to install the passenger side lights. Then moved it to the new shop to do some work! The lighting and heated floors will be so much nicer to work with!

Then by the weekend it'll go back and get the injectors pulled off to get rebuilt.

Excuse the dirtyness of the car...

L07CEWSl.jpg

mXol1obl.jpg

q6uayVdl.jpg

wPTkj9Al.jpg

nX9Tat1l.jpg

WeQhH6zl.jpg

0Pru4KQl.jpg

hYboLUil.jpg

Picked up the new injectors from Performance Fuel Injection in High River Alberta. He actually had some 39lb cobra injectors that were ready to go, so he just traded them for mine. Also bought some new connectors!

15994656574_d37848b4d7_b.jpgIMG_0601.jpg by richaaarrrddd, on Flickr

I'm sure you're already aware of the issues that these Cobra injectors can cause.

But if you're not... I might as well get you thinking about it.

Injector issues? Care too elaborate?