Mikey94gt

79 notch build

I thought this was a 2.3T car????

The first post states that it's a turbo 2.3, but the engine pictures are of an NA 2.3 in the car. And if you look at the engine rebuild/swap pictures, you can see the factory NA manifold and exhaust piping. It might have been a rebuilt turbo engine that was used for an NA car, but it's definitely NA in the pictures :)

Here's the one I was thinking of. It's got a little extra eye candy with the Capri fenders (front and rear).

mmfp_0811_03_z+1988_ford_mustang_coupri+left_front_view_driving.jpg

That's the car they called the Coupri. I'm pretty certain the guy that built it recently sold it.

There's also a very nice canyon red '82 t-top coupe with a GT air-dam nose on it, that looks REALLY sharp.

The first post states that it's a turbo 2.3, but the engine pictures are of an NA 2.3 in the car. And if you look at the engine rebuild/swap pictures, you can see the factory NA manifold and exhaust piping. It might have been a rebuilt turbo engine that was used for an NA car, but it's definitely NA in the pictures :)

Look closer.... The tiny turbo is buried under the carb, and is practically built into the intake manifold. It has an NA exhaust manifold, then it has a cross under pipe to feed the turbo, and a downpipe from the turbo to the normal right hand exhaust. It's a draw thru setup, meaning the turbo pulls air/fuel mix thru the carb. Weird, but very functional. Makes about 5psi.

Interesting, I thought all the draw-through setups on those cars put the carb on the other side of the engine and the turbo on the manifold. I'd be interested in seeing more pictures of that setup :)

Learn something new every day!!!

yeah man, kinda threw me for a loop too.... should see the mess of vacuum lines I pulled off to make it work right... hahah.

I will get some pics for you this weekend, we will be at the road course...

Good news! I snagged the t5 from ups on Friday, the driver couldn't unload it. It showed up a few days early, to my surprise. The shifter showed up thurs afternoon, and I was able to toss both in Saturday. My car was broke hard, so I had some time to kill. We had both driven to lewistown, mt to attend a drivers education event with the porche club of America, and it was a very rough weekend. But.... Enough about that lol.

The t5 is a vast improvement over the stock SROD 4spd.... Especially since it will hold 2nd. The ratios are better suited to the engine, and running synthetic ATF vs 80w90 is a huge difference. The car flat scoots now, would put car lengths on the car it used to be. It's a joy to drive with the new trans and shifter. Miranda didnt like the pro- 5.0 at first, but fell in love with it after she got some miles on it. I friggin love the thing, and if you grab second just right, it'll bark the passenger rear tire into 2nd. Haha.

As far as swapping in the t5, I left the bell housing and clutch fork in place, took the 4 bolts out that hold the trans in place, and slid the old out. The T5 slid right in its place, and I re used the stock driveshaft too. Easy- peasy!!!

Edited by Mikey94gt

Thanks fellas! This week is Miranda's 21st birthday, so Im gonna fab up the brackets to mount her nice Ricaro seats in the car, as her b-day present, at her request. Im confident this next mod is going to make the car that much more enjoyable to drive, so much so that she wont quit driving it long enough for us to paint it... hahaha. I hope thats the case... she loves driving it now with the transmission its hard to get any seat time myself... which is perfectly fine with me... lol... as usual, expect some pictures to be posted of the seats going in this weekend.

So, update,

Finally got my first round of tests outta the way at college, and have some time to mess around in the garage. Started fabrication of the seat mounts. This should be cool. Since my seats bolt right into her car, I'm using them as a template to get her seats rockin and rollin'. On to the pics..... ( I know, seats r durty, that's the next step....)

21B74913-A363-4BD9-B256-64C3D549DDA8-27314-00001E7C670B96CC_zps68fa0798.jpg

D860E301-BC7A-4D9F-9601-75CC7CA0BFBA-27314-00001E7C70E1431A_zpse157bb88.jpg

3D43CAAB-87B5-4CF1-98F6-07360405B1EF-27314-00001E7C886E1FBD_zpsce89b04d.jpg

Good news! I snagged the t5 from ups on Friday, the driver couldn't unload it. It showed up a few days early, to my surprise. The shifter showed up thurs afternoon, and I was able to toss both in Saturday. My car was broke hard, so I had some time to kill. We had both driven to lewistown, mt to attend a drivers education event with the porche club of America, and it was a very rough weekend. But.... Enough about that lol.

The t5 is a vast improvement over the stock SROD 4spd.... Especially since it will hold 2nd. The ratios are better suited to the engine, and running synthetic ATF vs 80w90 is a huge difference. The car flat scoots now, would put car lengths on the car it used to be. It's a joy to drive with the new trans and shifter. Miranda didnt like the pro- 5.0 at first, but fell in love with it after she got some miles on it. I friggin love the thing, and if you grab second just right, it'll bark the passenger rear tire into 2nd. Haha.

As far as swapping in the t5, I left the bell housing and clutch fork in place, took the 4 bolts out that hold the trans in place, and slid the old out. The T5 slid right in its place, and I re used the stock driveshaft too. Easy- peasy!!!

dont ya just love when parts show up early lol

Thanks man.... right now, your head is in the headliner with the stock seats in Miranda's car, and the seats are about as comfy as a park bench with a fat drunkard taking up most of it..... I should have some more pics tonight..... gonna fix up the passenger seat.

Are those EP3 civic si seats?

Sssssshhhhhhhh......

No one was supposed to know....

Haha, j/k. They came with the parts car we bought for $500, And Miranda decided they would look better in her car instead of floating around the shop. The lateral support is waaaaaay better, and you can actually relax in the car now, we sat in them for 30 min or more talking after I got them in... Hahaha.

But, yes, they are civic seats. Haha.

Noice! Svo seats are awesome. Can't remember if they are flo-fit brand or not.... Maybe that was just the 90's saleens. Used to know.... Then I started college.

I don't think they are Flo-fits. I know the Saleen's had them, but I think the SVO's were just larger bolster Ford seats w/ a manually inflatable lumbar support. I know you can use a standard Ford highback bucket seat frame, and put SVO foam and material on it, as the frames are the same. I gave $100 for the seats, it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Car is coming together nicely! badass that you have a girl that wants to help out and build her own car! :cheers:

I know, right? My wife doesn't mind, she actually encourages me to go out and work on the cars more often, but her eyes glaze over when I start talking about it. She has no interest in it, whatsoever. If my Cobra was an auto-tragic, she'd be driving it to work everyday, though, that's for damn sure!!!

I had no idea how crappy mustang seats really could get haha. The svo's in your 84 are gonna be nice tho, that's for sure.

Car is coming together nicely! badass that you have a girl that wants to help out and build her own car! :cheers:

Thanks man.... This gf is a keeper methinks... Haha.

Btw.... We still have a stack of parts to go in, she is enjoying the car as is for now, since it runs so well, and it's comfy. Once it starts to get crappy outside, we are definitely gonna start putting on the rest of what we have. stay tuned.... I may even have some updates this weekend, time permitting.

I had no idea how crappy mustang seats really could get haha. The svo's in your 84 are gonna be nice tho, that's for sure.

Thanks man.... This gf is a keeper methinks... Haha.

Btw.... We still have a stack of parts to go in, she is enjoying the car as is for now, since it runs so well, and it's comfy. Once it starts to get crappy outside, we are definitely gonna start putting on the rest of what we have. stay tuned.... I may even have some updates this weekend, time permitting.

Can't wait to see more updates!!! :)

i used to have a tropical yellow stang, loved it :(

100_0697.jpg

this is what i was shooting for

picture.php?albumid=1375&pictureid=26928

mmfp_1003_24_+09_nmra_nationals_series+turbo_mustang_coupe.jpg

mmfp_1103_18+2010_NMRA_Bowling_Green+.jpg

Franted i dont think thats tropic yellow but i would keep the color its very unique

Nice looking car. Did it do what you were shooting for?

yea it was some what of a sleeper in the world of 5.0's from first glance it had iron heads and a weind manifold, and mild cam. but it was a world class jr heads port matched witht he intake and a b cam with 1.7 rockers best time was 12.04 on motor and never got to run the 175 shot through it. ppl thought it was a e7 head or gt40 head car till i outran them lol

exterior wise it never made it lol too obessed with speed. but my point of posting was you don't really see these yellow foxbodys anymore infact the one i had was 1 out of 421 built that year.

yea it was some what of a sleeper in the world of 5.0's from first glance it had iron heads and a weind manifold, and mild cam. but it was a world class jr heads port matched witht he intake and a b cam with 1.7 rockers best time was 12.04 on motor and never got to run the 175 shot through it. ppl thought it was a e7 head or gt40 head car till i outran them lol

exterior wise it never made it lol too obessed with speed. but my point of posting was you don't really see these yellow foxbodys anymore infact the one i had was 1 out of 421 built that year.

Awesome!!! Yea, not too many yellow foxes survived.

Small update, Miranda swapped the nose on the car, same front end but with h4 lamps in the high beam. She also swapped a door, it's the same color as the nose. No more worn out hinge sound! Less rust as well, which is nice. She kept all the black interior pieces and the funky low door handle. I'll get more pix later.

346B1B6B-4D2D-4E31-91E3-AAD283B39B7B-37339-00002A0C5C24726A.jpg