Schiffy

Coilover help

Ok, first mistake i made was buying a UPR coilover set, but either way... They have been on the car since march, i have tried to adjust them several times(including when i did the longtubes and they were completely removed from the car) i cannot for the life of me turn the damn things. they will NOT adjust! i sprayed them with PB blaster, had 2 dudes help me try to turn them and NOTHING. they are stuck. both sides, i can't adjust them to save my life, I have emailed UPR as of 10 min ago, 4 times and called once and yet have heard NOTHING back from anybody. i'm starting to get mad. i don't expect their product to be top notch, but i expect it to work. i have the springs, if i had some extra money i'd just go buy new sleeves, but i don't. i'm stuck with what i've got, and i'm hoping some of you guys have some ideas that would help me out!

Ok, first mistake i made was buying a UPR coilover set, but either way... They have been on the car since march, i have tried to adjust them several times(including when i did the longtubes and they were completely removed from the car) i cannot for the life of me turn the damn things. they will NOT adjust! i sprayed them with PB blaster, had 2 dudes help me try to turn them and NOTHING. they are stuck. both sides, i can't adjust them to save my life, I have emailed UPR as of 10 min ago, 4 times and called once and yet have heard NOTHING back from anybody. i'm starting to get mad. i don't expect their product to be top notch, but i expect it to work. i have the springs, if i had some extra money i'd just go buy new sleeves, but i don't. i'm stuck with what i've got, and i'm hoping some of you guys have some ideas that would help me out!

Best bet would be to take set screws all the way out and use a pipe wrench or big pliers to get it turning. Upr uses a rubber/plastic/nylon piece glued to front of set screw that you crush in there to make them not turn. I'm thinking you possibly could of tightened it down to much and broke that off. I had upr coil over kit before and I know I did this. Also check and see if two set screws. Some have 2 and some have 1. Good luck.

On going project, 94 cobra, r block, tfsr225, hp efi, vortech ys

Instagram [MENTION=584]Rolocut[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best bet would be to take set screws all the way out and use a pipe wrench or big pliers to get it turning. Upr uses a rubber/plastic/nylon piece glued to front of set screw that you crush in there to make them not turn. I'm thinking you possibly could of tightened it down to much and broke that off. I had upr coil over kit before and I know I did this. Also check and see if two set screws. Some have 2 and some have 1. Good luck.

Only 1 set screw, and I pulled it completely out and slipped a cheater bar over the spanner wrench for more leverage. Notta... lol

try shockin it, hitting it with a hammer to help break loose any corrosion stuck in the threads of the sleeve and ring? obviously not using a 10lb sledge, but just something to try and break shit loose.

try shockin it, hitting it with a hammer to help break loose any corrosion stuck in the threads of the sleeve and ring? obviously not using a 10lb sledge, but just something to try and break shit loose.

Tried that to... Even took a long breaker bar and put it into the corner if the knuckle and tried to tap it... Still wouldn't move. lmao... I think I'm fu($€d

Maybe try heating up the adjustment collars with a propane torch or heat gun to expand them, might free them up. I would be sparing with the heat though.

this sounds like it's the only option at this point. otherwise you're going to need to get new sleeves unfortunately. and at that point i would just buy Maximum Motorsports sleeves.

funds bro, MM shit is expensive for those of us who aren't millionairs like you.

II understand that money is tight. I'm saying if he can't adjust the sleeves because the collar is seized he doesn't exactly have a lot of options other than buying a new sleeve. It's unfortunate but if he buys another cheap UPR sleeve it's just going to happen again.

II understand that money is tight. I'm saying if he can't adjust the sleeves because the collar is seized he doesn't exactly have a lot of options other than buying a new sleeve. It's unfortunate but if he buys another cheap UPR sleeve it's just going to happen again.

I've been looking for a set... Figure I may can find some used, if not ill buy them new. The coilovers are find how they are right now. They aren't hurting anything, i just want moar low! I'll roll as is till I have spare funds and then snag a MM sleeve kit. Is there a specific strut you have to run with MM?

I've been looking for a set... Figure I may can find some used, if not ill buy them new. The coilovers are find how they are right now. They aren't hurting anything, i just want moar low! I'll roll as is till I have spare funds and then snag a MM sleeve kit. Is there a specific strut you have to run with MM?

Yep, no rush if they're working fine. As for the MM sleeves, yes they're sleeve are strut style specific.

I have a like new set of granatelli coil overs and a like new set of d&d coil overs with 12-200 springs....

I have a like new set of granatelli coil overs and a like new set of d&d coil overs with 12-200 springs....

I've got springs just need sleeves. I don't know about D&D, but isn't Granatelli the same as UPR? [MENTION=9]SniveTroll[/MENTION] I think has the Granatelli's.

I've got springs just need sleeves. I don't know about D&D, but isn't Granatelli the same as UPR? [MENTION=9]SniveTroll[/MENTION] I think has the Granatelli's.

Ill sell the sleeves. I think they are all the same accept Max motor sports. I didn't have an issue with my uprs and strange 10 ways I had for 2 years other then noisy and now I got max motor sports and bilsteins and it's quiet but 3 times the price. Just giving you options if you want something by the weekend I got them so no need to search lol

Ill sell the sleeves. I think they are all the same accept Max motor sports. I didn't have an issue with my uprs and strange 10 ways I had for 2 years other then noisy and now I got max motor sports and bilsteins and it's quiet but 3 times the price. Just giving you options if you want something by the weekend I got them so no need to search lol

I appreciate it, but I don't have any extra money right now. I'll keep you in min though in case you still have them later.

Maybe try heating up the adjustment collars with a propane torch or heat gun to expand them, might free them up. I would be sparing with the heat though.

That's what I thought, then I was like wait... you probably shouldn't put heat by the strut but I guess you can take it off. :shiftyeyes:

I did use antisieze!!!! lol... I'm telling ya, this shit is just pure junk!

Shouldn't need Antiseeze on adonized aluminum, that shit it very hard and is nearly impossible to corrode or strip.

Shouldn't need Antiseeze on adonized aluminum, that shit it very hard and is nearly impossible to corrode or strip.

I used it anyways... Think it would have the opposite effect?

I used it anyways... Think it would have the opposite effect?

No way lol.

• Moderators
I'd be worried if they're LCA's not so much as UCA's.

I got both... double adjustable. They looked to be decent quality. I also don't race (yet), so I don't know if that is a factor.