mavisky

Braking issue making me crazy

Passenger side and center hose completed. 2 month old is a blackhole of time and availability and the wife keeps coming up with "honey-do" lists for me to complete so the car is rather low priority. Hoping to maybe get back to it tonight.

Stainless lines installed and bled. Pedal feels great when the car is off, but the pedal travel is really long still. Typical Atlanta traffic today meant that there weren't any opportunities for me to get it up to speed and do a true panic braking maneuver safely. I don't know if there's air in the ABS block, but I'm tempted to just delete the damned ABS and be done with it. Anyone know someone who makes a replacement ABS distribution block? Otherwise it's off to Ford for an alignment and brake bleed when i get back from vacation.

BTW, I also nailed it in 2nd around a corner and the thing totally spun just one of the tires. Looks like I'll be doing a Trac-loc rebuild over the winter. At this point the car is getting nothing else done to it as I think I'm going to plan for a Factory Five build in a couple years. We'll just enjoy this while I have it and keep the base parts that will transfer in good shape and say to hell with the rest that doesn't.

I did it in about an hour on the floor of my garage. really easy to do!

Yea, I'm not too intimidated by it. Just another thing to worry about. Found the driver's rear parking brake cable was seized up and not releasing now so that's been slowly boiling the brake fluid. Replacing it tonight hopefully.