Schiffy

Clunking in rear... Help!

Ok, so I swapped out the rearend in the GT 2 weeks ago, haven't had any issues, then yesterday I was on my way home from work and a hard shift into 2nd, I noticed a "THUNK" sound in the right rear. Matt said check the shock, so today while I was messing with the exhaust, I checked all bolts and mounting points and didn't see anything out of the norm. It doesn't sound like it's coming from the actual rearend. Could it be the U joint? I thought if it was the u joint I would feel it more, but it honestly sounds like it's somewhere in the passenger rear somewhere. Could the bushings be shot and the jolt of the car learching fwd be the cause of the sound? I drive her hard and put her up wet, soooooo.... lol

could be anything from the transmission to the rear end. I get a thud when I shift to the third, I've narrowed it down to the T45.. being well.... a T45 lol.

****ing T45. Is all I have to say.

so you have control arms in the car? Im guessing you replaced the rear housing bushings with urethane ones while it was out of the car. sounds to me like a bushing could be blown out.

Nope, to cheap. Just slapped them in and tightened them up. The snubber sounds like something to check. [MENTION=95]Forcefedhatch[/MENTION] told me to cut some off, and I completely forgot till just now. lol

did you adjust the adjustable uppers you bought to stock length? if not you may have the pinion angle off.

Yes, they are the same length as stock, also, if it had to do with the way I set the rear up, why did it wait almost 3 weeks to start making the noise?