Slykin

Can a drivetrain get "bound up" or in a "bind"?

What the title says... I replaced my engine/trans mounts and my harmonic balancer. When I removed the harmonic balancer with a giant cheater bar(with new poly mounts in) the engine/transmission felt like it was binding up and the transmission is a bit cock-eyed(like it got torqued/twisted and it's stuck there) now. Could this mean the drivetrain is locked into a bound up position and could this be causing an engine vibration that I have? Thanks.

1400-1900 RPM's with the clutch in or out. You can't feel it in the clutch pedal. The whole car vibrates and you can see the steering wheel vibrating up and down.

Moving, or stopped? if its when youre not moving, possibly a misfire coupled with the stiffer mounts?

I suppose it's technically possible, but the engine/tranny were lined up outside of the car and were flush.

perfect, just figured we could try to eliminate that as a possibility. I'm out of possible causes other than that, or motor problems. And lets hope that isnt the case

let me throw this one at ya. When i bought my 95 gt, i had a really bad vibration, guy had told me a new transmission was put in, but with the horrible misfire it had i didnt notice anything other than that. When i eventually dropped the trans because second gear was blown out, i noticed the input shaft was from a fox rather than a sn95 and the pilot bearing was basically gone. might not be your issue, but throwing out ideas that might spark somethin!

Driveshaft balanced? Header rubbing on something?

Driveshaft didn't change between swapping all of the other stuff. Header isn't rubbing either :/

let me throw this one at ya. When i bought my 95 gt, i had a really bad vibration, guy had told me a new transmission was put in, but with the horrible misfire it had i didnt notice anything other than that. When i eventually dropped the trans because second gear was blown out, i noticed the input shaft was from a fox rather than a sn95 and the pilot bearing was basically gone. might not be your issue, but throwing out ideas that might spark somethin!

That stuff is all good too, the pilot bearing is new and the input shaft is correct.

Sorry for replying to this so late guys, I've kinda just given up on it lol. That and my side exhaust has changed my focus.