Slykin

Loose brake caliper.

Eff Mustangs. Ok, I've got a problem with my driver's side cobra brake caliper. You can take the wheel off, suck the rotor down so it's tight, and the caliper is real loose on the rotor. This is creating a rattling noise as I drive down the road and over every single bump I hit. I thought it was just that I have no anti-rattle clips on them, but the passenger side is identical as far as the type of pad and not having anti-rattle clips. Also, I tried installing some anti rattle clips(albeit some real thick generic ones) and they won't fit. Any ideas guys? It's driving me crazy

Generic anti rattle clips I tried to install:

Brake_Clip.jpg

Edited by Slykin

Not any help but mine do the same thing, haven't had a chance to take them apart since she is sitting on a drive on lift without a radiator. But it does have POS autozone pads, and it looks like the anti rattle clips fell off.

So i had this issue a couple of months ago. Found out my caliper bracket on the driver side was loose and also the little anti ratle clip on the actual brake pad was broken allowing for movement as well. check there...

So i had this issue a couple of months ago. Found out my caliper bracket on the driver side was loose and also the little anti ratle clip on the actual brake pad was broken allowing for movement as well. check there...

I'll take a look at the clips on the pads again. The caliper bracket's tight though.

Thanks for the ideas guys!

check rotor thickness. it's possible that it may be too thin to be used. But I would start with the more basic stuff like mentioned above.

That's the problem though, I already checked the basic stuff. I thought about rotor thickness too, but the pads are pretty much new which would make the thickness of the rotors fairly irrelevant. I'll still check though.