WildWillyWalker

My Saleen Current - Stuff

Quick small update. I haven't even messed with making an RSD because my car was covered in snow for a long time and the cold is a downer. I just glued some cardboard together for mockup.

However, I have some 03/04 cobra mirrors which are going to get painted sonic blue from head to toe. I'm giving them to my buddy to take them to work have the paint done. Hopefully they'll be on soon.

Also pictured is the headlight tint I got from Lamin-x.com. It's the med tint because the darkest is not offered for headlights. It came with fog light tint so I got yellow for Steve's Bullitt. New 8k/35w hids are in the mail from Hidguy.net. Ummmm. Pretty much waiting on air ride next. Just need to sell my Saleen seats to save up for other stuff. :D

Edit: not sure why I attaches the second picture. I was showing what it looked like without the mirror because I made a quick video about how to take them apart.

post-11-0-96299800-1394997849_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-19987100-1394997864_thumb.jpg

looking good are you painting the mirror bases too ? not just the part that folds?

Yes. Both parts are getting painted blue. I really hate when the base is flat black.

hey sean, shouldnt you update your thread title?

Yes and no, lol. The RSD still needs done. It's starting to get warmer out so hopefully I can jump to it soon. It's a bigger deal than the mirrors.

Yes. Both parts are getting painted blue. I really hate when the base is flat black.

now this i don't understand.  what's the point then if you're going to paint it all the same color?  why waste the money on the cobra mirrors to not even tell they are cobra mirrors?

now this i don't understand.  what's the point then if you're going to paint it all the same color?  why waste the money on the cobra mirrors to not even tell they are cobra mirrors?

I want to. :) People will know they're Cobra mirrors when they walk by, probably not while it's driving but whatever. I got them at a decent price because I told my friend about them when they were first sold and I told him they were mine if he ever sold them.

Sorry for such a pathetic build thread. I still need to finish cutting up card board to fit for the RSD. I'm just too tired during the week and I'm usually busy on weekends but I NEED to at least get the bottom part done for Mustang Week so I can bolt my amp to it and get some tunes. No way I'm making an 11 hour drive at night without music, haha.

So in usual fashion, I'm going to start another project for my car that will take forever. However, this project will take a while because it's going to be expensive. @Sleeperstang1994 (Josh), my partner in crime, found a 97 mustang GT with an engine, t45, 01 cobra dash and IRS for sale nearish Baltimore. He found the ad last Friday and I sent the fellow some emails. He wanted $1k and we knew it would be gone quick so we talked about it Saturday but it didn't seem feasible. Uhaul wanted a ton of money and this was a 2-1/2 hour trip. Luckily, my friend's grandfather was nice enough to loan us his aluminum trailer for Josh's monster 6 cylinder explorer to tow. I made the trip by myself, pulling a trailer for the first time, and had a nice white knuckling experience driving down 95.. A 4 lane monstrosity of a highway that passes near Washington, D.C. After minor complications due to some quality harbor freight tools, we got the Stang loaded up and on the way home.

All I was interested in was the IRS but josh will make use of a couple items and sell/scrape the rest.

I already talked to Full Tilt Boogie Racing to have my hubs olive drab coated and ARP Studs installed. Studs are on order at work as well as MM low profile rear subframe bolts and the diff half shaft bearings and seals. The plan is to get stuff from FTBR and install Ridetech's cool ride bags. FTBR told me they will be sending out hubs in 2 months so hopefully That will give me enough time to save some dough. Anyway, just teaser. We dropped the IRS tonight and even found two new cross-axis joints in the trunk! That's $150! I don't need them so they'll be spares for me and josh since we both have IRS's now.

Almost forgot, I've been in great need of front tires and as usual, I planned ahead. I hope to get some nice wheels someday so I bought front tires that I could match with larger rear tires. Although my car currently had 245/45/18 firestone fire hawk wide oval something or other, the Saleen is supposed to have 255/35/18 or 265/35/18 tires.

post-11-0-77209900-1403147913_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-49349000-1403147939_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-62036900-1403147953_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-68152400-1403147972_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-90748500-1403147993_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-06536100-1403148009_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-77317900-1403148161_thumb.jpg

IRS and air ride in the works that should be nice.

So seriously we are going to figure out some kind of harmless meyhem to get even with that tow truck driver company from last year right?  I mean I am sure you know their name.....  Nothing harmfull/dangerous/illegal/trackable but a good laugh is at their expense is in order.

Totally jealous of your score on the IRS!  Would love to put an independent rear in my car but just thinking about the cost involved to make it handle my power level makes me shudder...

• Moderators

Totally jealous of your score on the IRS!  Would love to put an independent rear in my car but just thinking about the cost involved to make it handle my power level makes me shudder...

This.  I wish I knew it was even an option before I started so I wouldn't have spent the money on the SRA.

I see you asking about one on svtp ;)  ive been trying to find some deals around by me, but god there is nothing

I see you asking about one on svtp ;)  ive been trying to find some deals around by me, but god there is nothing

If I could find one that was most of the way there with the bushing upgrades and whatnot I might jump on it, but everyone seems to want a fortune for a totally stock one these days.  Sucks.

If I could find one that was most of the way there with the bushing upgrades and whatnot I might jump on it, but everyone seems to want a fortune for a totally stock one these days.  Sucks.

yea no doubt.  anywhere from $1000 to $1500 for a bone stock, 99/01. dumb

IRS and air ride in the works that should be nice.

So seriously we are going to figure out some kind of harmless meyhem to get even with that tow truck driver company from last year right?  I mean I am sure you know their name.....  Nothing harmfull/dangerous/illegal/trackable but a good laugh is at their expense is in order.

We'll see if our MW crew can brainstorm anything, haha.

I see a deal every once in a blue moon. Heck, Josh's was $375. My buddy apparently saw a '99 for $300 but didn't tell me -.- and my other friend in Alabama told me about one for $400 but it was sold before he got to it. I've heard they're cheaper down south.

I also wanted a stock IRS because I have to powder coat all the pieces to start my color scheme!

Idk man. This guy gives me all kinds of hope for the IRS. I'm in love with his car.

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/208938-6spd-IRS-9-67-147-on-only-16lbs-Video-inside

Idk man. This guy gives me all kinds of hope for the IRS. I'm in love with his car.

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/208938-6spd-IRS-9-67-147-on-only-16lbs-Video-inside

Totally love that car.  Been lurking on his posts on modfords for a long time.

Thats kinda what I mean, though.  It seems to be about a $1,500 entry price for a good shape 03/04 IRS to get the better diff and the 31-spline axles.  Then its about $1,300 I think for the FTBR bushing kit.  I could maybe claw back a few hundred from my built straight axle.  So at best I'm looking probably $2,000 for a good IRS setup, not counting shipping.  That;s about what I've got in my shortblock... lol

Don't want anyone to think I'm whining, just a little frustrated because you used to see guys practically giving away their IRS's.

I think at the bare minimum you should call in that your car needs to be towed.  Make sure the car is full of mustangs and just be leaning up against it when they pull up, sure would be fun if ya had your bill handy from last year.

Sooo, I got the bottom piece cut out. It needs some trimming to fit better though.

I want to cut out a rectangle in the middle and put it on a hinge so I can lift it up. Does anyone happen to know of any nice low profile hinges? I'm going to bolt my amp to the center section so it wouldn't have to hold too much weight. Also, the MDF is 3/4" thick so that's how much room I have to bolt the hinge.

I messed with the RSD. It's a right for in some spots. I guess I'll end up putting a hole in the middle to open and access the brackets that will hold it down. My amp is just way to big to mount to it so I just screwed it to the floor behind the RSD. It's a quick fix since I just want music right now.

My AFR gauge hasn't worked for over a year. When my exhaust ripped off at ocean city, the wires drug on the ground and separated. Thankfully PEP Boys had an Innovate wideband in stock and they removed the sensor so I could get it installed. All good finally.

post-11-0-83150300-1404002936_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-26306900-1404002948_thumb.jpg

Got a few small parts for my IRS and Josh's. I got ARP studs, bearings and seals for the housing and low profile rear subframe bolts. Josh got ARP studs and hub bearings. We should be removing our hubs this week and shipping them out for playing. Then again, FTBR says only 50% of hubs are reusable. New hubs are way too expensive.... Ugh.

post-11-0-65119200-1404181596_thumb.jpg

I got this water inlet/remote oil cooler adapter gasket for the teksid block I have now I just want the adapter. If anyone has the ford part # M-6881-C let me know. I may be interested. Slowly accumulating small parts for my distant future engine build. :)

post-11-0-87418000-1404357070_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-07902700-1404357085_thumb.jpg

I got this water inlet/remote oil cooler adapter gasket for the teksid block I have now I just want the adapter. If anyone has the ford part # M-6881-C let me know. I may be interested. Slowly accumulating small parts for my distant future engine build. :)

@1997cobra isn't that what we just pulled?

At Mustang Week MGW was offering all three handles and a shirt with their shifter. We had to wait a while to get into the show so I bought a shifter and got it installed. With the standard handle, I'm just as comfortable as I was with the stock shifter. To be honest, I can't tell a big difference in throw (Supposed to be 30% less with the standard handle) but I'm sure I will when I rip on it. It's definitely stiffer and doesn't wobble as much in neutral.

This was the first of two small, but awesome mods. The second is on it's way from @mystic_svt but I'm not going to spoil the surprise. I'm not sure how fast it will be installed because I take forever to do anything.

I have quite a few weekends free so I'm going to try and get this RSD finished up and figure out where my amp and subs are going. @95riosnake 's spare tire sub enclosure has me thinking now.

Lastly (I'll just continue the trend of buying parts and not finishing any projects), I may be making a rather large purchase soon. I'll be ordering new IRS hubs tomorrow since mine look like crap and I might get a few main suspension parts. ^^

post-11-0-26468700-1406165910_thumb.jpg