WildWillyWalker

My Saleen Current - Stuff

You made a good choice with the MGW.

Could always look at doing something like this with your subs/amp. This is an older picture of my rear seat.

100_0272s.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

i always wondered how subs sound firing forward. is there an enclosed box in the trunk area?

You made a good choice with the MGW.

Could always look at doing something like this with your subs/amp. This is an older picture of my rear seat.100_0272s.jpg

Very cool setup. I had the idea of putting the subs on the bottom of the RSD but they probably won't fit. The back panel will be removable so I can put a canopy in through the trunk.

Very cool setup. I had the idea of putting the subs on the bottom of the RSD but they probably won't fit. The back panel will be removable so I can put a canopy in through the trunk.

This is a great idea and something I overlooked when I did mine.  Sometimes (especially last year in Myrtle) I wish I could fit the tent in the Mustang without sacrificing my front seat! <_<

i always wondered how subs sound firing forward. is there an enclosed box in the trunk area?

I think they sound great this way. I get the bass I want without the rattle of the trunk. You can hear the bass when in front of the car, but can't hear it from the back. I do not have them enclosed as I couldn't get the angle for the top/bottom cut of the enclosure correct

I would think the subs in the bottom of the rsd would work if they were shallow enough. The only ones I could think of like that are the ones for truck boxes, but I don't know how well those sound or if they are shallow enough.

I have mine bolted into the location that the seat bolts came out of. For the bottom of the rsd I put elevator bolts through it where the pins would go to secure the bottom cushion. No new holes were made and the rear seat can go back in no issue.

i was always thinking about putting a sub in the seat portion when i got around to it because i didn't want to sacrifice trunk space.  not like the box has to be THAT shallow as you have room to bring up more if necessary.  i would say you could practically bring it up as high as the arm rests back there and it would still look fine.

I think they send great this way. I get the bass I want without the rattle of the trunk. You can hear the bass when in front of the car, but can't hear it from the back. I do not have them enclosed as I couldn't get the angle for the top/bottom cut of the enclosure correct

any more pics from a tad further away? i've been debating a seat delete but don't like the plain carpeted board lol. 

sorry @WildWillyWalker for the hijack  :ph34r:

any more pics from a tad further away? i've been debating a seat delete but don't like the plain carpeted board lol. 

sorry @WildWillyWalker for the hijack  :ph34r:

No problem. I'd love to see more too.

I feel you about covering the delete. I wanted something different than carpet and I have an idea, I just need to make it happen. How do I find someone local that can cut metal with a water jet or CNC machine? :D

to bad i dont know what that means :(  stereo noob. Sean i hate your WORD CRIMES "They before the speaker?"

Word crimes don't count when I use my phone. It always changes what I type. Autocorrect screws my sentences up more than it corrects anything.

It's easy to research once you know what it's called. Thanks a lot @Dysturbed87

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-maeg3IHpTkL/learn/learningcenter/car/crossovers.html

Doh! I was waiting on the single adjustable front Shockwaves like @95riosnake but it's irrelevant now since I got my IRS (I don't have money for the Shockwaves!). I will be ordering everything I can from FTBR within the next couple weeks so I need to get this IRS torn apart, sand blasted and powder coated.

I also have a 3" x-pipe from ARH on order since I'll need to redo my exhaust. I plan on stealing Dan's idea for exhaust hangers on the back of the x-pipe. I also found 2-1/2" to 3" offset adapters so I'll see if I can tuck the x-pipe up as high as possible. I'll probably have to run it with just an x-pipe for the rest of the year until I can afford to make a cat-back. Also, Borla doesn't make Stinger mufflers in 3" so the next best thing would be their XR1 mufflers. However they're $300 a piece... I paid $300 for both Stinger mufflers. SLP's are $100 a piece... hmmm. I plan on clamping the mufflers in so I can swap them out if I need to.

post-11-0-66377100-1406770808_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-79028100-1406770814_thumb.jpg

I approve of this 100%. I have the same rear bag setup :2thumb:

By the time I get my front shockwaves, you will have bagged your car and @tony will have bagged 2 sn's... :(

$300 per muffler is tough to swallow, holy shit!

By the time I get my front shockwaves, you will have bagged your car and @tony will have bagged 2 sn's... :(

lol, if weren't so use to driving on regular 'ol firestone 2600's all the time i'd prolly be in the same boat you and @wilwillywalker 's in and be waiting on the shockwaves too. they actually make more sense in a vehicle with strut towers and no upper control arms up front lol. 

i wonder if they will lower the front a tad more than a bag and bag mounts will cause these cool ride bag mounts are huge lol. 

Did you install ride height sensors? The only pictures I've found are from that red cobra convertible with ccws. I'd like to just bolt the sensor straight to the upper control arm. He made some weird plate to bolt it to.

lol, if weren't so use to driving on regular 'ol firestone 2600's all the time i'd prolly be in the same boat you and @wilwillywalker 's in and be waiting on the shockwaves too. they actually make more sense in a vehicle with strut towers and no upper control arms up front lol. 

i wonder if they will lower the front a tad more than a bag and bag mounts will cause these cool ride bag mounts are huge lol. 

The reason I have to go with shockwaves in the front is in order to run coolride up front I'd have to change back to factory control arms and also couldn't run my Team Z K member because it doesn't have coil spring mounts. :( I just refuse to take a step back to the stock crap just because RT is working at a snail's pace lol.

Did you install ride height sensors? The only pictures I've found are from that red cobra convertible with ccws. I'd like to just bolt the sensor straight to the upper control arm. He made some weird plate to bolt it to.

I bought the LevelPro kit, and I have a plan for the sensor mount on the IRS upper control arm, just haven't gotten to it yet because I need to pretty much have the car bagged first to check the travel where I mount the sensors.

• Moderators

Also, Borla doesn't make Stinger mufflers in 3" so the next best thing would be their XR1 mufflers. However they're $300 a piece... I paid $300 for both Stinger mufflers. SLP's are $100 a piece... hmmm. I plan on clamping the mufflers in so I can swap them out if I need to.

This is killing me too... and how expensive 351w headers are.  Damn exhaust is gonna cost as much as the suspension.

im excited to help do this install. Subframe connectors are first. I also refuse to weld in SLP's so @WildWillyWalker will have to practice that himself. I have a passionate hate for SLP's exhaust ;)

As said, they'll just be clamped in, so I think I can handle it, lol.

I still liked the LM1's on my Fox. Dey was so loud!

i have the bushing tool if you need it to replace the irs bushings

Thanks Troy. However, Josh was able to remove/install all the bushings without it so I should be good. I'll let you know if I have problems though.

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously, my ass is off from the laughing :P

Hehehehe, aim to please!

I have lots of extra metal laying around to make brackets if needed!

I had SLP LM1s on my car. They were so loud LOL. I now have Magnapacks. I do miss the loudness though!

Not exactly the greatest videos to compare, but...

This was with the SLP LM1s

This was the most recent with the Magnapacks

I took the IRS apart Thursday night and, as usual, I made a mess. I was able to get one bushing drilled out but got distracted by other things. =/

Josh took the housing to work and cleaned it out only to find out cracked spider gears. I had already planned on buying a bearing kit and new clutches. Clutches would cost me $100 plus whatever the spider gears would be so I think I'm just going to buy a new 03/04 diff which is $250. It's the same diff I have in my car now so I'll be happy. The bearing kit will still be getting ordered though. Might as well tackle everything now instead of finding out something needs replaced once it's installed. Problem is, I was already over my budget before this problem so things are getting rough. Heck, I may have to pull the SRA, sell it, then continue, haha.

I ordered new IRS hubs and bearings (Should arrive early next week) since mine were junk and I'll be sending them to FTBR to be swapped for zinc plated hubs. They're installing 3" ARP studs as well. Once that's done, and they finish zinc coating Josh's hubs, I'll order everything and have it all shipped at once. I hope to accomplish some stuff with the RSD tomorrow but the weather isn't looking great and I have some other things to handle first. Yay for laziness and procrastination.

post-11-0-62216800-1406953544_thumb.jpeg

post-11-0-77949200-1406953554_thumb.jpeg

post-11-0-69869100-1406953562_thumb.jpeg

My goal was to install my n2mb box today and I did!... With mucho help from Josh because I had my fail hat on today, lol. All good except the no-lift shift is triggering when I floor it. I think the clutch wire might be wrong but I definitely followed the directions correctly. Hopefully the rain holds off tomorrow so I can work on the RSD.

post-11-0-07839300-1407032842_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-06732000-1407032871_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-50608500-1407032890_thumb.jpg

trim.CDC6C439-CCFE-4B40-9D2E-98BCBBA5DA2D.MOV