WildWillyWalker

My Saleen Current - Stuff

Ummmm, update? We burned rubber, literally. :D
Two bushings out I believe. I need to pick up a 2" wire wheel to clean out the leftover bushing material. FTBR received my check yesterday and after 10 days they'll be shipping me lots of goodies. I really need to get on the ball and start sand blasting and powder coating these parts.

My WOT box isn't working correctly. Two step seems fine, most of the time but at first I would just mash the gas to the floor and the engine would cut out like it's trying to engage the no-lift shift. Now it allows me to floor the gas and waits to cut out after 3.5k RPMs. I've been emailing NP Complete Performance and they seem to think my clutch wire connection is bad so Josh brought home some nice Ford connectors. Apparently you crimp the connector then you can fill it with solder. We did solder the connections but maybe it didn't work too well.

post-11-0-37201500-1407629764_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-40988000-1407629781_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-32154700-1407629798_thumb.jpg

Barely worthy of an update. I kind of have OCD when it comes to tools. If there's a specific tool for the job, I want it, sooooo I bought the FTBR bushing tool. Got the lower control arm bushings out and one has been sandblasted. All subframe bushings are out and I just need to run a wire wheel through the ends

My EOT box kept engaging when I floored the gas so I had josh help check the clutch wire signal but we couldn't make it happen. We drove a back road because my passenger seat isn't installed. On the way home I tried 3-4th 4 times and the box worked flawlessly. I figure josh just has the magic touch. Hopefully it continues to work correctly.

My favorite part, my spoiler is cracking!

I'll do my best to remember my camera next time. :/

post-11-0-62788900-1408673367_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-54532900-1408673393_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-53659400-1408673432_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-08750800-1408673451_thumb.jpg

Barely worthy of an update. I kind of have OCD when it comes to tools. If there's a specific tool for the job, I want it, sooooo I bought the FTBR bushing tool. Got the lower control arm bushings out and one has been sandblasted. All subframe bushings are out and I just need to run a wire wheel through the ends

My EOT box kept engaging when I floored the gas so I had josh help check the clutch wire signal but we couldn't make it happen. We drove a back road because my passenger seat isn't installed. On the way home I tried 3-4th 4 times and the box worked flawlessly. I figure josh just has the magic touch. Hopefully it continues to work correctly.

My favorite part, my spoiler is cracking!

I'll do my best to remember my camera next time. :/

i feel you're pain on the spoiler cracking.  Shifty pointed out mine has a crack on the passenger side.  not sure if it's the actual fiberglass or it's just the paint.

i feel you're pain on the spoiler cracking.  Shifty pointed out mine has a crack on the passenger side.  not sure if it's the actual fiberglass or it's just the paint.

Idk about yours, but mine is really opening up like a wound so I know it's beneath the paint. I'd totally rock a giant APR wing but they're expensive. =/

I'd just need a splitter to go with it... and a rocket bunny style wide body kit. <-- My dream.

This should help make some more noise. :)

Since I'll need a new catback for the IRS, I'm going to do all 3" exhaust. This 3"ARH xpipe will make it a little easier. I asked them not to add socket flanges on the back because I hate those buggers. The plan is to just clamp on bullet style mufflers so I can change them out if I want.

I think I'll end up getting two of these hangers to bolt the back of the xpipe to the chassis.

http://stainlessworks.net/index.php/products/build-it-yourself/clamps-and-hangers/universal-weld-on-hanger.html

PS - I have some cool stuff waiting at me for home. I'll try and whip the camera out for it.

post-11-0-29311300-1409095604_thumb.jpg

All my FTBR parts arrived. Josh's used olive drab zinc coated hubs are shown as well as a pair of adjustable sway bar links. The rest is mine mwhahahahah!!!!

- Complete IRS bushing kit with milled delrin mount

- 03/04 Front diff torque brace

- Deluxe bumpsteer/toe link kit

- FRPP milled diff cover

- Adjustable sway bar end link kit

- Camber bolts

- Cross axis joint boots

- New clear zinc coated hubs with 3" ARP studs

I think that's everything. :D So far I've just sand blasted the lower control arms. I still have to push out the upper control arms and blast them then finish getting out the rubber on the subframe, sand blast it and have someone coat it for me. Heck, this might not get done until after winter. :)

post-11-0-17678300-1409105241_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-35419600-1409105244_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-62181300-1409105247_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-07643600-1409105251_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-02088000-1409105254_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-04739200-1409105257_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-84919900-1409105259_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-54011800-1409105262_thumb.jpg

Oh shit Sean, one-upping me with the Ford Racing diff cover and mount! I considered doing that on mine, but since it was such a low mile unit (10k) and I wasn't doing gears I just left it as-is for now. If I ever do gears (I doubt I will) I may throw the new cover and mount at it while I'm in there. At this point, I will do anything I can to avoid dropping the IRS out of the car, lol.

Oh shit Sean, one-upping me with the Ford Racing diff cover and mount! I considered doing that on mine, but since it was such a low mile unit (10k) and I wasn't doing gears I just left it as-is for now. If I ever do gears (I doubt I will) I may throw the new cover and mount at it while I'm in there. At this point, I will do anything I can to avoid dropping the IRS out of the car, lol.

I assume you have the 3.55s though? Mine just has 3.27s but I have some old, semi-rusty 3.73s in my basement. I may try to clean them up.

very nice i used that cover on my svo

It's such a nice piece. Although I'm going to get some plated or stainless washers for the bolts. Josh showed me how his were rusty already. They provide nice shiny bolts but not washers. Humph.

I assume you have the 3.55s though? Mine just has 3.27s but I have some old, semi-rusty 3.73s in my basement. I may try to clean them up.

It's such a nice piece. Although I'm going to get some plated or stainless washers for the bolts. Josh showed me how his were rusty already. They provide nice shiny bolts but not washers. Humph.

I've got a fresh set of 4.10s if you're interested

Yea mine has 3.55's, if it had 3.27's I'd be swapping them too lol.

I've got a fresh set of 4.10s if you're interested

Thanks but I don't want to go any higher than 3.73. My buddy had 4.10s in his 99 GT and I had them in my Fox and, although the transmissions are different, I never want to go that high again. I'd even be happy with 3.55s if they came stock.

I've had 3.27's n/a, 4.10's n/a with a T45 and a T56 and now 3.55's with the turbo and T56.  I recognize it is difficult to compare things with the forced induction now, but just for general in-town driving and cruising around, the 3.55's are easily my favorite gear I've had in the car.

Josh welded on my subframe connectors this past weekend. They've been sitting in the basement for about a year so it was about time. Good news is the ARH headers have a 3" collector so my 3" xpipe slips right on. I just got 3" - 2-1/2" reducers in the mail so they'll slip on the xpipe and I'll weld them in the catback. My exhaust has leaked for a while so I'm excited to get it fixed.

Bad news is my IRS probably won't get installed until after winter. I'm already over budget and I found out some cool stuff. One, my sway bar doesn't have the centering clamps. However, josh can get them. They're over $100.... For some reason, I assumed the craigslist as was correct and that it had an 01 IRS. Finally counted the axle splines.. 28. Sooooooo I can't install the cobra diff I bought. Since there is no money for axles, this is put on hold.

I'm going to do my best to get all my parts powder coated though. Some parts have been sand blasted including my hella supertones.

post-11-0-94001400-1410369011_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-69001000-1410369081_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-87238800-1410369106_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-35066900-1410369139_thumb.jpg

Yeah Sean, such a shame about the IRS BUT you'll get it done right.  ...Not like you're going to drive it this winter anyways!  I feel bad for you having to weld those SFC's in like you did, sucks doing them on the ground like that (how I did mine years ago). 

Yeah Sean, such a shame about the IRS BUT you'll get it done right.  ...Not like you're going to drive it this winter anyways!  I feel bad for you having to weld those SFC's in like you did, sucks doing them on the ground like that (how I did mine years ago).

It's all good. Josh welded it all. Lol!

I started on the exhaust last night. Wish I would have finished it but nothing really goes as planned. I was going to reuse the two pipes that connect the x-pipe to the muffler but when I pulled them off, I saw just how bent the driver side tube was. The bent pipe was due to my driver side x-pipe getting ripped off the header at Ocean City last year and I've had an exhaust leak ever since. A trip to AA netted me two new straight pieces that I cut to fit. Apparently the passenger side needs cut a tad shorter though because it's throwing everything off. The over-axle tube is hitting the axle and the frame. X-pipe fits good though and I got the AFR sensor installed with a fresh bung. <-- Hah!

Hopefully I'll finish tonight as long as the rain holds off. I'm pretty darn excited to hear my exhaust without any leaks!

X-pipe is on. Had some problems with cheap parts. I guess that's what I get for not buying from Stainless Works. =/

No more exhaust leaks though. It's a tiny bit louder in the car but nothing crazy. The cheap exhaust parts are only temporary until the IRS goes in and I 3" all the things!!!

I haven't attempted welding in a long time, but I got the job done. :)

No installed pics because it was dark and I was pissed, lol.

post-11-0-74053400-1410662633_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-73814500-1410662646_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-09889100-1410662658_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-59849300-1410662728_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-71610600-1410662737_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-72753000-1410662750_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-48550500-1410662761_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-90158700-1410662767_thumb.jpg

Uhh isn't 99-01 Cobras supposed to be 28 spline and 03/04 the 31's with 3.55 gears

From Bruce at Full Tilt Boogie:

1999 Halfshafts have 28 spline inners and 28 spline outers.

2001 Halfshafts have 31 spline inners and 28 spline outers.

2003-4 Halfshafts have 31 spline inners and 28 spline outers but are beefier than the 2001 version

From Bruce at Full Tilt Boogie:

1999 Halfshafts have 28 spline inners and 28 spline outers.

2001 Halfshafts have 31 spline inners and 28 spline outers.

2003-4 Halfshafts have 31 spline inners and 28 spline outers but are beefier than the 2001 version

And I was ok with the 01 half shafts just due to the 31 spline inner. Looks like I'll try and find a set of used 03/04 half shafts.

And I believe the 03/04s were the only Cobras with 3.55 gears standard. My IRS has 3.27s so I think I may be buying a new 3.73 set for it instead. I have some 3.73s in the basement but they're rustier than I thought and that just doesn't work for me.

I did save a few bucks by not having to buy an 03/04 pinion flange. Bruce thinks the 99 should fit my driveshaft without a need for new parts.

I did stuff. Yay. I made a really ugly bracket to mount the back side of the seat delete. Unfortunately, I couldn't mount it because the hardware store didn't have the bolts I wanted. I'm not sure where the amp is going yet.

I do need practice welding thin metals. Thankfully the bracket won't be seen because it looks horrible lol. 22ga > me

post-11-0-43718500-1412559132_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-89283600-1412559148_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-14572000-1412559165_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-43113900-1412559181_thumb.jpg

man looks like hell. i wouldn't even bring that car out into public after seeing those welds.   :ph34r:

haha seriously looks like it'll serve its purpose tho!   is the cutout in the bottom part just for storage? 

That's a great idea for how to mount the bottom portion.  I've been intending to make my own rear seat delete and wanted to have an elevated board as opposed to the normal flat piece of wood all of the kits come with.  Hope you don't mind I mimic your design :)

Uh oh, just gave me an idea with that mount! Don't worry I'm not mounting amps, but I have some air ride stuff to mount and have been brainstorming how to mount things recently.

Looking good!

Uh oh, just gave me an idea with that mount! Don't worry I'm not mounting amps, but I have some air ride stuff to mount and have been brainstorming how to mount things recently.

Looking good!

You don't work on your car anymore, who are you trying to kid!  

You don't work on your car anymore, who are you trying to kid!  

Haha I build everything 10x in my head before I even pick up a tool.

Like I said in my other thread, just got fed up with the waiting game, it's out of my hands.

man looks like hell. i wouldn't even bring that car out into public after seeing those welds.   :ph34r:

haha seriously looks like it'll serve its purpose tho!   is the cutout in the bottom part just for storage?

Something will go down there, whether it's a battery, the amp or air ride components. I'm thinking a smaller battery though.

That's a great idea for how to mount the bottom portion.  I've been intending to make my own rear seat delete and wanted to have an elevated board as opposed to the normal flat piece of wood all of the kits come with.  Hope you don't mind I mimic your design :)

Haha, not at all. I'm 100% sure you can make it better. :2thumb: