WildWillyWalker

My Saleen Current - Stuff

i think the welds look just fine. have to start some where. You never weld with the mig when im around to help though. I didn't get to see you put that bracket together but i think it looks nice. solid! cant wait to get the MDF all out of the shed and into your car :)

If your looking for a small starter battery I can recommend the kinetik 800 size I think it is.  I have it in my can and its a little sucker but strong enough to start it.  What kind of amps are you going with?

If your looking for a small starter battery I can recommend the kinetik 800 size I think it is.  I have it in my can and its a little sucker but strong enough to start it.  What kind of amps are you going with?

I haven't looked into it yet.

I'm going to a cars and coffee event this weekend and I just couldn't handle how high the rear of my car sat. My buddy @1low2v sold his car and kept his H&R Super Sport springs so I traded for them with my H&R Super Race springs. I was recommended the race springs since I had extra weight from my giant sub box. I had my MM RCLAs adjusted the whole way down, as did my friend, and we had almost the same ride height. Since I took my rear seat and sub box out, I needed to get back to my nice ride height. I threw the springs on (it's so nice when you can just pull out the spring) as well as my 1/2" spacers. I already rubbed on the way home so it's not very safe lol. I can't even drive it to work because of the incline but it should look good this weekend!

post-11-0-05889400-1414196633_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-43145100-1414196682_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-43791800-1414196765_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-61976300-1414196782_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-34054300-1414196808_thumb.jpg

lol at the jokes. Hes not going to be happy next time he is in here. Some one dented his fender with a shopping cart...

wait!!! he parks that car in an area that involves shopping carts? 

signsshocked.gif

That sucks about his fender.

Sometimes I think I may be the only guy with this strategy concerning shopping carts - I used to do the whole park way out in the boonies thing and anymore I park right next to the cart return if I can.  Two reasons for this.  One, normally all of the carts in that area are IN the cart return, not blowing around it.  Two, you normally have cars surrounding you to block carts from blowing into you but only on one side so you mitigate the chances of a door ding.  And sure, someone could door ding me but my logic is I'd rather wind up with a scratch/door ding from someone that might give me their insurance information than a dent from a cart that I'll definitely have to pay my own deductible out of pocket for.

I bought a jigsaw so I can complete this RSD without relying on anyone. The bottom has been cut and I a piece for the middle of it. I bolted it down but I may have to support it somewhere else. I plan to cut out the back part tomorrow.

post-11-0-58566600-1415502067_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-87426600-1415502111_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-97391700-1415502337_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-54759400-1415502367_thumb.jpg

Done for this year. Need some more bolts for the back piece and I need to cut out the center so it's removable. This was my first time using a jigsaw so it looks like a little kid made this thing. Whatever. It's going to be covered. Car's going in storage soon.

post-11-0-16196400-1415586324_thumb.jpg

Doesn't look bad at all IMO, grab yourself a palm sander and go at those edges and they'll look great. Once you wrap them in some thin padding and cover them, you'll never know they weren't 100% perfect.

Doesn't look bad at all IMO, grab yourself a palm sander and go at those edges and they'll look great. Once you wrap them in some thin padding and cover them, you'll never know they weren't 100% perfect.

I only shared my far-away-picture because it's very easy to tell in the close ups, lol.

I didn't actually believe that you even had a car ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha i saw that and my first thought was "it does exist!"

hey hey hey! i opened my drivers door to get seans corbeau seat out of my car! we have been storing it in there :(  that counts as work? its basically an extension of my shed.

you said right now! so thats what you got. im outside working today ill take some more iphone pics and put them in my thread, its honestly pretty sad. the trunk is filled with wirring harnesses and door panels. the dash is half in. coilovers everywhere. :(

you said right now! so thats what you got. im outside working today ill take some more iphone pics and put them in my thread, its honestly pretty sad. the trunk is filled with wirring harnesses and door panels. the dash is half in. coilovers everywhere. :(

thing is just in shambles.   which is why you need to just ship everything to WI.  or ill even come pick it all up from ya ;)

Well this will be a non-existent thread for the next couple months while my Mustang is stored away. I can't work on it because the space is too small. On top of the IRS and air ride, I do have some other plans I hope to follow through on. Hopefully I can work a bunch of overtime at my new job to save up for my plans. I got a freaking awesome interior upgrade for Christmas but I'll only share it with installed pictures of which I have none.

Soooo, in the meantime I'll leave you with a few pictures and and a few revs. I took these a week before I put my car away mid-November.

ARH 1-3/4" long tubes

ARH 3" off-road x-pipe

Welded-in Borla Stingers

N2MB WOT Box

post-11-0-08647700-1420674418_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-86747300-1420674423_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-69327000-1420674427_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-91461700-1420674430_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-57538300-1420674439_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-06362300-1420674447_thumb.jpg

man that car looks amazing sitting under those lights. you shoulda warned to turn down volume before playing video lol. that's the best sounding mustang i think i've heard to date though.

they are not looud enough for me ..........

Haha. I agree, but I feel this car is sooo much more luxurious than my Fox which was pretty darn loud (o/r h-pipe and lm1s).

man that car looks amazing sitting under those lights. you shoulda warned to turn down volume before playing video lol. that's the best sounding mustang i think i've heard to date though.

Haha, sorry. Youtube made the video so much louder that it surprised me too.

It's funny though, I now hear a tingy sound when I did the two step and it's making me mad.

I wish my car sounded like that.  My Stingers sound so different with the turbo and dumps...

Car looks amazing, too!

I dream of building a 4v and turboing it but the different exhaust note would make me nervous, lol. Depends on pipe routing too I'm sure. Oval tubing!!!

I looked into oval tubing at one point for some additional ground clearance... about fell out of my chair when I saw what it costs...

Tell me about it... I shudder to think about what I spent on materials alone to build my side exhaust... The 2.5" round to oval 90 degree transitions I used were $90 each... Luckily it's been a while and memory fades ;)

Tell me about it... I shudder to think about what I spent on materials alone to build my side exhaust... The 2.5" round to oval 90 degree transitions I used were $90 each... Luckily it's been a while and memory fades ;)

That is why the thought of rocking oval anywhere terrifies me! :hides:

@WildWillyWalker .... i love this shot

post-11-0-91461700-1420674430.jpg

Thanks man. I don't know why they look so bad when I upload them or use photobucket.

They're not great since the lighting is bad, but Flickr has better quality.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/112175695@N06/sets/72157650250918392/