Number Tew

Aluminum Driveshaft Question

Lol!

I was reading in the other thread about the true-trac from detroit. How streetable is it, legitimately. Is it going to piss me off and make all kinds of weird noises?

Will it handle better? etc.

Like I said, I don't wanna worry about it breaking.

Will 275 slicks fit on an 8" wheel, I know the side wall will be bubbling a lot but from what I've been told that's good for slicks?

My Mickey Thompson 275 DR's fit on my weld 8" wheels. I run 15X8 slicks on that same wheel and a 15X10 will fit on a 8" wheel

Sweet, like I said, the slicks would only be the once in a blue moon I go to the track with the fellas. I don't wanna be the street tires at the track guy lol

Lol!

I was reading in the other thread about the true-trac from detroit. How streetable is it, legitimately. Is it going to piss me off and make all kinds of weird noises?

Will it handle better? etc.

No its the best option..

.so.much better than a locker and most of them are no.noisier than stock.

Some people say theirs make noise but its very minimal.

Its 100% streetable

Edited by justinschmidt1

lol tire wobble top end?

Yeah, real bad. I've run 275 drag radials on an 8" rim and that was fine, but it wasn't fine with real slicks. Maybe I just have a huge gaping vagina, but that car was all over the place past about 100 mph. I had to let out a little past the 1000' marker, or I was going to fill my trousers.

Kurt

Yeah, real bad. I've run 275 drag radials on an 8" rim and that was fine, but it wasn't fine with real slicks. Maybe I just have a huge gaping vagina, but that car was all over the place past about 100 mph. I had to let out a little past the 1000' marker, or I was going to fill my trousers.

Kurt

lol, Honestly ive never had anything other than the 10.5 inch tire on a 7 inch wheel...I ran about 5 passes on them, all over 120 mph...it was interesting when it started to get loose on the top end but I thought it was normal

Yea, that looks nasty!

Justin, if I can get a deal, that's the route I'll take. That still using the stock rear end, just a new differential?

Yea, stock rear end housing, just the differential and 31 spline axles.

lol, Honestly ive never had anything other than the 10.5 inch tire on a 7 inch wheel...I ran about 5 passes on them, all over 120 mph...it was interesting when it started to get loose on the top end but I thought it was normal

Yea, stock rear end housing, just the differential and 31 spline axles.

Getting a little loose is normal, but this thing was all over the place. Putting them on a 10" wheel fixed it immediately.

Kurt

Makes perfect sense to be honest. Ive heard that running skinnies makes the wobble a lot less as well for w/e reason.

That too. I ran 245 tires up front and that was really bad too. Getting skinnies helped a lot. Big tires up front fight the back tires too much. I only ran the proper combination once at the track, and unfortunately my locker was fried, so I had to go off idle basically. It still got up to around 112mph, and was real steady. I just have to fix my transmission and rear end, and I can go to the track and give it the full beans with the bottle and everything. I can't wait.

Kurt