blwnbyu

BLWNBYU's Its about time build thread :)

I got a brand new set of mount brackets and crank pulley for an sn95 vortech from me going to fox set up. I'll sell it all for 300 shipped. If interested text me 8606708089 I'll get pics next time I head to shop. I'm talking the complete kit minus blower. Brackets, ac bracket, plate, idler, crank pulley, belt, hardware.

On going project, 94 cobra, r block, tfsr225, hp efi, vortech ys

Instagram [MENTION=584]Rolocut[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of progress the last few days.. Motor is on a stand and heads are back off. Clayed the pistons for the 11R's.. .082 intake .250+ exhaust. It's crazy to clear a 2.08 intake on stock pistons!

Measured pushrod length. Looks like it should be 7.200 Pulled the drivers fender last night and am moving the fuse box into the fenderwell and hiding most of the harness.

Picked up a MSD 6AL-2 on corral brand new for $200

Going to sell my BTM for about $100

Trying to sell my old S trim. Hard part is that it needs a rebuild, so I'm not sure what to ask.. If someone rebuilds it themselves, they can have basically a new blower for about $750 IF I sell it for $500.. That sounds pretty damn reasonable to me?

Happened to stumble across a Renegade style Vortech bracket on Corral.. I don't really need it, but I REALLY wanted it, so I picked it up.. It was not cheap :(

Also bought a billet powersteering pump bracket.. It's for a fox, but I'm positive I can make it work by shortening the spacers that it uses. I couldn't get anyone to answer that question for me so I said fuck it and bought it.

Also talked to the powdercoater today about doing my accessory brackets, timing cover, and lower intake.. Originally I was thinking of doing the lower black?? The Upper will be polished still.. But I think I may just coat it the same as the accessory brackets and timing cover..

Then polished valve covers, intake, and tb. And all of the intake tubing is ceramic coated by Anderson...

I'm about out of money for the year now, so I can't buy anything more until I sell some stuff..

I have a brand new power pipe to sell, as well as a tmoss ported lower GT40, Regular GT40 upper and lower, 70mm BBK TB, 80MM PMAS 60# MAF, Stock Alternator, Stock Fuel Rails, Stock Valve Covers, and the stock heads and rockers which are tentatively spoken for locally.

P.s fox accessories stick out 2 inches further then sn95. Going to be harder then you think. Look up krc power steering. It's what I have on my car. I got almost enough used stuff to make a full kit up

I got a brand new set of mount brackets and crank pulley for an sn95 vortech from me going to fox set up. I'll sell it all for 300 shipped. If interested text me 8606708089 I'll get pics next time I head to shop. I'm talking the complete kit minus blower. Brackets, ac bracket, plate, idler, crank pulley, belt, hardware.

If I find someone interested I'll pass them along. Is there an inlet or would they still need the powerpipe?

If I find someone interested I'll pass them along. Is there an inlet or would they still need the powerpipe?

I don't have the inlet.

I don't have the inlet.

Instagram @Rolocut

Ok.. I have a few guys on corral interested.. If one is looking for more than just the HU I'll let you know

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the clay by the way..

11443359236_a5d0f369ff_b.jpg

IMG_7611 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

11443267685_c1f959bb03_b.jpg

IMG_7606 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

Some updates.. Been working on it alot lately.

Tore the motor back down completely and cleaned all gasket surfaces, etc.

Had to deep clean the garage before my OCD made me self impload. Ready for assembly

11540311415_5db37c1e43_b.jpg

Organized by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

Still can't believe how good the cylinders look for being 18 years old and 83k miles..

11540316275_5376f04284_b.jpg

83k Shortblock by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

11540316115_0acdc24e7d_b.jpg

83k Shortblock_1 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

Bolted the heads on last night and torqued them for good. My pushrods finally showed up after fedex fucked me.. Looks to me like I measured correctly.. Valve sweep is less than 50 thousands... Spent about 3 hours adjusting guideplates and installing rockers..

11540315525_145ec162a1_b.jpg

83k Shortblock_2 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

Rocker studs sealed and torqued. Rockers tightened and set to 1/2 turn past zero lash.

Mocked up the valvecovers.. The internal baffle hits the polylocks.. Cut the baffles out.. I have 3/4" from the cover to the poly, so I will trim down the baffle and tack them back in.

Mocked up the intake. I ordered the wrong intake gasket set.. Waiting on 1250's to come in.

Got my new 3/8" throttle body spacer. Picked up some stainless and chrome cap head screws for all the throttle body stuff.

Mocked up my T bolt clamps. Had to order a few larger ones than what I had.

Tomorrow I'll pull the timing cover. AGAIN, and reseal it.. Oil pan is off and cleaned up.. Hope to put it back on tomorrow as well and get the bottom half sealed up.

My custom blower bracket showed up today.. It's pretty nice. Can't wait to try it out. The fox steering bracket also showed up, as well as a new MSD,( well, the guy said it was BNIB, and it's NOT) and I'm PISSED. I don't buy used electronics..

Left him a negative trader rating on corral. haven't heard from him yet.. Won't be installing that 6AL-2.

Some updates.. Been working on it alot lately.

Tore the motor back down completely and cleaned all gasket surfaces, etc.

Had to deep clean the garage before my OCD made me self impload. Ready for assembly

11540311415_5db37c1e43_b.jpg

Organized by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

Still can't believe how good the cylinders look for being 18 years old and 83k miles..

11540316275_5376f04284_b.jpg

83k Shortblock by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

11540316115_0acdc24e7d_b.jpg

83k Shortblock_1 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

Bolted the heads on last night and torqued them for good. My pushrods finally showed up after fedex fucked me.. Looks to me like I measured correctly.. Valve sweep is less than 50 thousands... Spent about 3 hours adjusting guideplates and installing rockers..

11540315525_145ec162a1_b.jpg

83k Shortblock_2 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

Rocker studs sealed and torqued. Rockers tightened and set to 1/2 turn past zero lash.

Mocked up the valvecovers.. The internal baffle hits the polylocks.. Cut the baffles out.. I have 3/4" from the cover to the poly, so I will trim down the baffle and tack them back in.

Mocked up the intake. I ordered the wrong intake gasket set.. Waiting on 1250's to come in.

Got my new 3/8" throttle body spacer. Picked up some stainless and chrome cap head screws for all the throttle body stuff.

Mocked up my T bolt clamps. Had to order a few larger ones than what I had.

Tomorrow I'll pull the timing cover. AGAIN, and reseal it.. Oil pan is off and cleaned up.. Hope to put it back on tomorrow as well and get the bottom half sealed up.

My custom blower bracket showed up today.. It's pretty nice. Can't wait to try it out. The fox steering bracket also showed up, as well as a new MSD,( well, the guy said it was BNIB, and it's NOT) and I'm PISSED. I don't buy used electronics..

Left him a negative trader rating on corral. haven't heard from him yet.. Won't be installing that 6AL-2.

Go one full turn past zero, helps a bit. Rick Anderson told me to do that with his cam and it's specd on all Anderson cams. Should help out they know there stuff, cool build. This was me last year lol

Been working steadily..  

Ran into some annoyances..  For some stupid reason, back when I ordered the heads, I ordered a StOCK intake gasket set.. Obviously that won't work.. So last week I ordered Felrpo 1250's.. Yep, those won't work either.. Looked at the sheet that came with the heads again, the 1250 is for the 190 street port.. I need the 1262R's.  Did some measuring and I need the thinner ones, so I ordered the 1262R-2's, which are .040 thick.

Using the 1" spacer is making my intake sit too high for the discharge tube with the Vortech. I already cut 2" off of the AFM discharge tube, but it also needs an offset in it, so I looked to see if I could eliminate the 1" intake spacer altogether.   Almost... So close.. It hits the VC and sticks up about 3/16" on the drivers side..  Did some grinding on the intake but still couldn't get it to fit, so I ordered a 3/8" spacer and an offset 45* Silicone coupler that goes from 2.75 to 3.5". Since I had just ordered another coupler because I cut the dishcarge tube down and eliminated the 3 to 3.5" transition, I am now on my 3rd fucking coupler for this joint...

After messing with all, that, I got annoyed and went back to sanding on the intake until I couldn't feel my fingertips anymore.  I took out a bunch of the pitting that was left by the professional polishers. I've decided I'l clean it up some more and run with it until summer so I can wetsand it outside with the hose when it is nice out  instead of in my fucking bathtub. I noticed any finer than 400 grit needed water or you just added more scratches. 

Now that the new heads are on, I mocked up the Valve Covers and the polylocks hit the internal baffles, so I cut the baffles out and trimmed them down. I will be having them tacked back in tomorrow. I should have all my gaskets and such by Tuesday so I can finally bolt the intake on for good, as well as the VC's.  

Oil Pan is back on and Timing cover sealed up.  I made sure it sealed properly this time. I also replaced the rear main, again, this time with a teflon seal. I replaced it when i did the clutch about 300 miles ago but it didnt seem like it was sealing all the way. 

My new 1 of 1 renegade bracket showed up and I bolted it on. Probably the dumbest 200 dollars I've ever spent, but it is really nice, and is 3 times as thick as the stock one but the same weight. I also made a spacer that goes on the bottom bolt that ties the front and rear brackets together solid. I don't think I was running a bolt in there at all before. (This is where the smog pump would bolt if I had one).  

I plan on running the blower belt much tighter from now on, so I figured I could use the additional stiffness.

I also ordered my Binary Editor and Engine Analyzer dongle, so I can transfer programs from laptop to laptop.  

Ordered all OEM sensors for the fox swap.. Ford IAC and TPS, and Ford Throttle Cable.  

Bought new studs and new motor mounts, as well as new 4 gauge ground wires that will be attached to each motor mount and the frame. 

My MSD 6AL-2 Came in, but I'm not sure I want to wire it in yet.. I've swapped so much that if I have an issue, I will have no idea where to begin. 

I also picked up an accufab 3/8" spacer and need to sell the 2" spacer.  Everything looks much better with the baby spacer. 

Holy progress matt! Killing it man. I know the annoyance with the intake spacers -__- throws everything off! So obnoxious!! I'm a firm believer of the 1 turn past like @Rolocut stated. That's how I have mine set up and my car feels stronger when it's at 1 turn instead of 1/2 turn.

Wow super nice car, just read this now.  Sort of like what happened to my 95.  It was my baby from 03-07.  Then I got in a relationship and it sat for 3 years and then I did wind up selling it when a person literally showed up in my driveway with cash and bought it.  

Can't wait to see how it all turns out.  Love the projectors and the side skirts btw. 

Been very busy wrapping up all the odds and ends. 3/8" Intake spacer is on and fits like a dream.. Intake clears the Valve Covers by about 1/8".  Rewelded the baffles into the valve covers so the poly locks didn't hit anymore.. Had to move the baffles up about 1/4" and then measured the clearance with clay. I now have about 3/16" clearance above the poly's.  

I rebuilt the entire Injector harness. Stripped it down to nothing, cut out all the A/C and EGR connectors that I'll never use again, and added my IAT and Fuel Pressure Sensor wiring, so now everything is contained to one single harness.. Soldered in the Fox TPS sensor and ran dual 4 gauge wires from the alternator that will go to the fuse box in the fenderwell.  Added 3 4 awg ground wires to the engine.. 2 on the timing cover and 2 on the motor mounts.. Car has a 200 amp alternator which is why I did that. 

Got my new fox TB cable and hooked it up to the billet bracket I had. Fits perfectly and even looks good.  I finished welding up my engine lift plate and will be ready to fly the motor in tomorrow.  I mocked up my plug wires and new billet spacers.  Unfortunately the dizzy and fuel rail have to come off for me to fly the engine in, but that's no biggie. I still have to finish up a little wiring tomorrow and finish scrubbing the engine bay.  I also got a new headlight header to put in.. I never seemed to be able to get the headlights to lock in very well so I ordered a whole new header panel because I think the holes were hogged out. 

I would LOVE to delete the ABS manifold but I'm out of money for now. Probably spent over double what I had intended to for this part of the build lol. 

Enough talk.. Here are some pics.. I cleaned the wiring up the very best I could while not deleting anything.. I don't know how some guys get their engine bay so clean!

11847372804_f96a112162_b.jpg
DONE_12 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

11846950155_df45d819e5_b.jpg
DONE_13 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

11846944725_cd3fd16db2_b.jpg
DONE_16 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

11847234283_989fe876db_b.jpg
DONE_11 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

11847235933_7aeffb9bbc_b.jpg
DONE_10 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

11847755316_6a213d068f_b.jpg
DONE_9 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

11847760566_c1c23abef7_b.jpg
DONE_5 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

11846961965_d3d7481bb2_b.jpg
DONE_4 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

11847245883_c39e044c71_b.jpg
DONE_2 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

11846966585_fe308d1af4_b.jpg
DONE by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

Spent about 40 hours rewiring the engine and bay.. It's about as good as it can get without deleting everything. Hoping to smooth the bay this summer, but at least now all the wires are hidden, everything was replaced, and the fusebox moved to the fenderwell.

11943568344_015d313fdc_b.jpg
Wired by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

11943966586_cf879fef93_b.jpg
Wired_1 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

Harness moved to the crash bar..

11943423843_6a4de2daf7_b.jpg
Wired_2 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

Busy Fenderwell. No real way to make this look good unless you hack up every harness and cut to length. IMO that could make it unrealiable and is asking for issues..  
Everything is hidden yet accessable. Fuse box is upside down.

11943144825_9676c4d5c9_b.jpg
Wired_3 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

• Moderators

so if you ever blow a fuse, you'll have to jack the car up, pull the wheel, and fender liner to replace it?

That's what I will have to do myself.  Think about it though, have you ever blown a fuse?  I haven't.

so if you ever blow a fuse, you'll have to jack the car up, pull the wheel, and fender liner to replace it?

The fusebox is upside down. If you can squeeze your head under the bumper, you can access the box.. And in the 10 years I've had the car, I've blown zero fuses. 

The second fusebox is more of a junction box for the battery cable.  I never expect to blow one of the fuses in it.

It's all there.. Just a chunk of the tip got chopped off...SMH

Today wasn't a good day.. Mid wiring, I was cutting my starter wire with my wire strippers and the stripper part got the tip of my thumb.. It was pretty bad... Ok, real bad.. But I just bandaged it up and kept working.. I was about an hour away from starting the car for  the first time since September...

Soldered 8 or 9 more hard to get to wires, which, really sucked with no thumb, and turned the key to check the fuel pressure..   Only got 20#.. Cycled the key a few times.. Ok, now I smell gas..

Went and traced the leak.. It was coming from the crossover tube on the fuel rail.. I HAD an extra rail, but stupidly sold it with my old intake.. No, I pretty much GAVE it away... Regretting that now god damnit.  

Anyhow, pulled the upper back off, pulled the dizzy, and pulled the rail.. The crossovers couldn't handle all that tweaking I did to them with the new intake. I've been researching it, and some guys have used pushloc hose while others have simply gone to autozone and grabbed some 5/16 fuel injection hose and fuel injection hose clamps and were on their way.. 

I think I'm going to test out the regular hose with clamps. I'm doing a glenns performance fuel system soon so it won't be on long, but obviously, my main concern is Fire, so I'm pretty leary to mess with it..

The garage wreaks of gas now, so I called it quits for the night.. 

Hoping for better luck tomorrow.  So far, so good otherwise.. Spent all of yesterday fitting the boost bypass pipe, which is made for a Foxbody..

That.

was.

a..

bitch..

But it fits, and quite nicely actually, but it's insanely tight.. Against everything.

Only thing I have left to do is put the chip in...I already pulled the seats out. While I was under there I hooked up the clutch cable and throttle cable.. The throttle cable was pretty sloppy so I got some sleeve and shimmed 1/2". Now it's absolutely perfect with no slop at all.  I still need to adjust the tps and fpr, but everything else was good.  Fuel pressure gauge harness was extended and worked right. I ended up taping it in with the Injector harness bringing it out the passenger fender, and then all the way around the front and back in the drivers fenderwell..  All that damn wiring just to keep an extra harness out of the engine bay lol..

I know the feeling of working past an injury in the garage, lol. I've done a lot of work on my car with fingers wrapped in paper towels and electrical tape, lol. Electrical tape = garage bandaid ;)

Sucks about the crossover, and I can sympathize with the gas smell in the garage. When I pulled my tank to install the Aeromotive pump, I left it out a few days waiting for the Glenn's tank straps to show up before reinstalling it...my garage is under the house and needless to say...the house smelled terriffic lol. The wife was not happy about it to say the least.

• Moderators

...the house smelled terriffic lol. The wife was not happy about it to say the least.

Mine was on me last night because the whole garage smells like gear oil, which in turn made her car smell like gear oil.

I know the feeling of working past an injury in the garage, lol. I've done a lot of work on my car with fingers wrapped in paper towels and electrical tape, lol. Electrical tape = garage bandaid ;)

You got that right. My dad cut my leg with a sawzall when we were cutting my interior panels for the cage and u threw shop towels and wrapped it in electrical tape lol