laddanator

Mystic Parts Back From Paint!

I got a pleasant surprise call today as I left work. My painter called and said my parts with the new Mystic paint were ready for pick up! :banana:

One quart with a 2 to 1 mix did a 95 Cobra R hood, CDC side scoops, mirrors, 281 wing and SVO style side pipe covers and had a half a quart left over. :rockon:

v9w8.jpg

a2k6.jpg

f3hl.jpg

gfr2.jpg

kw3j.jpg

nxvc.jpg

dam that's gonna look awesome!!! love those side skirts!!!

Thanks! My painter buddy only charged me 125 bucks to paint all that. I gave tips of course. He provided the jet black base coat and clear coat, I provided the BASF Mystic paint.

I mean too match the car that it would have too be shot at the same time as the parts or the chance of getting them to look right when installed was slim/none.

a good paint shop can match it pretty close. the only thing that's going to be noticeably off in the correct angle of light is the hood because of the flat surfaces. had the same problem matching the Dark Green Satin on the roush since it has color shift as well.

Pics of install!!!!! now!!!!!!!!!

Soon. It's calling for rain all day tomorrow. Sunday I hope.

I mean too match the car that it would have too be shot at the same time as the parts or the chance of getting them to look right when installed was slim/none.

I installed the 281 wing and the it flows perfectly with the rest of the car and paint. My Mystic was painted in 2011 and Mystic seems to be the easiest paint to match.

a good paint shop can match it pretty close. the only thing that's going to be noticeably off in the correct angle of light is the hood because of the flat surfaces. had the same problem matching the Dark Green Satin on the roush since it has color shift as well.

I'm amazed at how the paint turned out. It's like the parts came from the Mystic factory.

Soon. It's calling for rain all day tomorrow. Sunday I hope.

I installed the 281 wing and the it flows perfectly with the rest of the car and paint. My Mystic was painted in 2011 and Mystic seems to be the easiest paint to match.

I'm amazed at how the paint turned out. It's like the parts came from the Mystic factory.

look forward to seeing the pics! Always loved the mystics!

Nice. How'd you get the paint. I have to do a few things myself.

Call Fairystone Imports and ask for Chris

9230 Fairystone Park Hwy, Bassett, VA 24055

[TABLE=class: ts _Ik]

[TR]

[TD](276) 629-5474[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I was told I got the paint cheap. 500 a quart. I've also been told most BASF reps are quoting 800 to a 1000 a quart. I think 500 a quart is high! lol Chris said to let you guys know they can ship but it's a hazard fee involved. I told him I would spread the word amongst my fellow Mystic owners.

mmmm mystic

Always wanted one. I had a friend back in 96 who's dad was like the town big shot and rich guy (all small towns have one of those) and here comes my buddy pulling up on his brand new Mystic which he got 2 weeks before the actual release date because of his dad status. In all my years I've never been jealous of anyone but damn if I wasn't that day! :-)

Thanks! My painter buddy only charged me 125 bucks to paint all that. I gave tips of course. He provided the jet black base coat and clear coat, I provided the BASF Mystic paint.
dam man that's crazy cheap!! i paid my painter amounts of $$ that i'm embarrassed to even say :( lol

dam man that's crazy cheap!! i paid my painter amounts of $$ that i'm embarrassed to even say :( lol

We've been friends for years. My computer company does all their computer work. I've been down there to fix his stuff and not charged him before so he is returning the favor. I'm really happy how the parts turn out. Excited to get them put on!

Awesome! Those parts look amazing, and if I'm reading right you got all that painted for around $625 and still have paint left over? That's damn cheap!

Yes sir! 500 for the paint and 125 for labor plus a 40 dollar tip. Not bad at all. It's raining here so I'm camped out by the front door and every time the rain lets up, I run out to put another part on! lol

The SVO covers are not fitting as well as they did on my other car. Must be the cold weather.

It's definitely the cold weather. I put mine on in the hottest day of summer hahah

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I'm going to have to heat them and keep the covers warm because ain't no way in heck I'm waiting til summer time to put the covers on! :-D

Always wanted one. I had a friend back in 96 who's dad was like the town big shot and rich guy (all small towns have one of those) and here comes my buddy pulling up on his brand new Mystic which he got 2 weeks before the actual release date because of his dad status. In all my years I've never been jealous of anyone but damn if I wasn't that day! :-)

My tuner has a mystic chrome Termi (It might currently be for sale or recently sold thoug :'( )

I have a huge crush on it. Its absolutely perfect. He also races it and keeps it in great shape. I make a mess every time I see it...