slow90coupe

Low and Slow 97 GT Build Thread

Thanks for the love evreryone! I'm totally in love with this thing again. I've totally lost interest in my foxbody now, lol, so I guess I'll go on and start "finishing" this car.

Current plans for the car before Mustang Week

1. Bride material for the armrest
2. Hydrodipped center console trim
3. A little custom touch to the shifter
4. Cut/roll fender lips
5. Try my best to source neochrome lug nuts, may even get some made
6. Mach chin spoiler
7. New headlights
8. Swap rear ends
9. Put turndown on downpipe
10. S281 wing
11. (Probably won't happen) find extra front bumper, cut hole in it, run downpipe straight out the bumper
12. 5% tint

Its just not fair :-( those HRE's are the sexxxxx! If you don't downpipe out the bumper... I will fight you.... That's no lie!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! It means a lot. It's nowhere near @95riosnake's  level, but only about 3 people are on that level with him, so I'm happy with my 135,000 mile original paint car for now.

Haha thanks for the compliment, don't sell yourself too short though. This car is getting more and more badass each update you post in this thread.

And just for the record: my doors, roof, upper window trim, C pillars, trunk and spoiler are still factory 131k mile paint :P

Looks awesome, dude.  Fitment at the back doesn't even really look that bad, but I'd want to change the rear-end out too for the narrowed one from your fox.

Any idea what the name of these wheels are?  The SVE Series 1 wheels that 50resto sells remind me of these, just not anywhere near as nice...

Looks awesome, dude.  Fitment at the back doesn't even really look that bad, but I'd want to change the rear-end out too for the narrowed one from your fox.

Any idea what the name of these wheels are?  The SVE Series 1 wheels that 50resto sells remind me of these, just not anywhere near as nice...

Thanks man! They're HRE 540's, custom powdercoated of course and they have new inner and outer barrels. They're the only set out there like this, which is why I love them so much.

@Psychorugby yes sir, I'm waiting on the pics to upload so I can post my for sale ad for the TF wheels.

Well, it looks like I'm going to be putting a lot of money into some carbon fiber interior and exterior accessories. I've never actually looked for carbon fiber pieces before, and I had no idea how much is made for a 94-98 Mustang.

Looks like I'm going to chance my luck once again with Special Carbon Fiber. I plan to order a CF S281, armrest lid, clock bezel, and a few other pieces from them, and a few cf pieces from Carbon Driven. Stay tuned, I've always wanted to do this, but with the Brides and HRE's it will finally fit with the attitude of the car. I'm so pumped!

I'm finally back home and got a few minutes to work on the car. I've got just a hair over 3 weeks left to get the car ready for Mustang Week. It's going to be a busy 3 weeks.

Anyways, here's what I got done.

Pulled the tail lights out and cleaned behind them

IMG_0722_zpsc98f0a2c.jpg

Took the bezels off and used some Chemical Guys metal polish on the lenses

IMG_0718_zps153f11e6.jpg

IMG_0719_zps519cd751.jpg

Then I got the car into the nice shop

IMG_0725_zpse7ce39e2.jpg

And about 30 minutes later the rear was out. It really pays to have a car that's not eaten up with rust. Everything fell right apart without any issues, other than really tight driveshaft bolts that had never been removed before.

IMG_0728_zps8f4695f5.jpg

Still waiting for all of my parts to show up. I still have a bunch to order too.

love how the rears poke out a tad. also do i see a slammed bimmer next to the stang tuckin tire?

You do see a slammed Bimmer. It's my daily. Love this car.

IMG_9210_zps1ff5e863.jpg

I received some stuff today.

IMG_0734_zps54d1e832.jpg

Motorcraft fuel filter since I know for a fact the filter hasn't been changed in at least 6 years

IMG_0742_zps1b6882bf.jpg

Ebay HID's

IMG_0739_zps9fb37a25.jpg

IMG_0740_zps16b79559.jpg

IMG_0741_zps48f14e69.jpg

Tint for tail lights, side markers, etc

IMG_0738_zps20c55a7c.jpg

LED bulbs for random things

IMG_0737_zps24fcabe4.jpg

PTP turbo blanket

IMG_0736_zps721c726f.jpg

Then my buddy came by and we threw the rear end under the car.

IMG_0747_zps06c9db87.jpg

And the fitment is now on point.

IMG_0745_zps42507ae4.jpg

IMG_0744_zps05b35f2e.jpg

Progress is finally being made. I only have about 1/3 of my parts right now, but I'm installing what I have and my new goal is to have the car completed by next weekend, giving me a week to test/tune with the car to make sure it's ready to make the 4 hour trip. I thought about trailering the car, but then again trailering a car that runs, drives, and has ps, pb, cruise, radio, and AC is just stupid IMO, and I like to laugh at the people that trailer their cars everywhere. So if the car is going, it's going to be driving. If it breaks, it breaks. At least I am using the car.

Enough of the slight rant, here's the progress pics.

I started out by doing something a little different with my tail lights. I always liked the export lights, but I'm cheap (hence all of the ebay parts), so I'm not going to pay $500+ for tails when my current ones are mint. I used some yellow Lamin-x for this little project.

The pieces I cut out

IMG_3685_zps0bd08433.jpg

And the pieces laid over the reverse light.

IMG_2981_zps1901ef9e.jpg

Completed tail light assembly, after polishing and waxing the lens bezels.

IMG_8404_zpsb4153ef5.jpg

And installed on the car, along with my new LED license plate bulbs.

IMG_2117_zps096b5035.jpg

I also put in my LED dome light bulb.

IMG_8944_zps054c4a19.jpg

Then I wired up my HID's

IMG_6138_zpsbca76671.jpg

The only thing so far that I don't like about them. The connections to the factory pigtail just slip on. I'll figure something out for those tomorrow.

IMG_2592_zpse3a95712.jpg

I mounted the ballasts on top of my intercooler.

IMG_2410_zps9d85ca5d.jpg

That's all for now, much more to come in the next few days!

When you have easy access to a trailer it kind of makes it a no brainer.  I like the yellow overlays on the reverse lights!  I hope you have a projector headlight going in there!

When you have easy access to a trailer it kind of makes it a no brainer.  I like the yellow overlays on the reverse lights!  I hope you have a projector headlight going in there!

My dad has a truck and trailer, but I've never used it for my cars and I never plan to unless I break something lol. Thanks man! I thought about projectors, but I decided to just do smoked headlights.

Today's progress

I let the car back down for another mockup. I tinted the side reflectors, but forgot to take pics of them individually.

IMG_0792_zpsd78bbd23.jpg

IMG_0795_zpsde2714c6.jpg

And the "clearance" between the girdle and the trunk pan. Yeah, I am going to need to do something here. It'll be raised up a little, but I think it will still make contact over bumps. Oh well, it'll clearance itself eventually.

IMG_0800_zpsa3dd8274.jpg

A few parts I painted

IMG_0796_zps2152da02.jpg

I finally got rid of the gay overlay that's been on my 3rd brake light.

It must've been on there for at least 10 years, because it was baked into the lens.

IMG_0806_zps4b35d2bb.jpg

After tint

IMG_0808_zps1e920171.jpg

IMG_0809_zps867b8b9d.jpg

Then I got the fogs wired up

IMG_0802_zps8437a125.jpg

Then I put Lamin-X over them as well.

IMG_0804_zps48ba39e7.jpg

And put LED's in my 3rd brake light and even put a trunk light back in.

IMG_0810_zpsa964615c.jpg

My dad has a truck and trailer, but I've never used it for my cars and I never plan to unless I break something lol. Thanks man! I thought about projectors, but I decided to just do smoked headlights.

Very good then!  Really coming along great, the amount of work done in such a short time is ridic.  Really upset not to be able to see this and everyone elses in a few weeks.  Looking forward to the onslaught on pics and videos!

Very good then!  Really coming along great, the amount of work done in such a short time is ridic.  Really upset not to be able to see this and everyone elses in a few weeks.  Looking forward to the onslaught on pics and videos!

Thanks man! Yeah this year is going to be freakin ridiculous! But I have to say, the photos/vids from MW are just about as good as being there in person. There's endless pics and if you have Instagram, your feed is getting BLOWN up with likes and pics of your car. It's crazy.

God damn that stance is ON POINT!

I like the export-esque overlays too, and all the other nice detail work you're doing with lighting/tinting, etc.

And LOL at "it'll clearance itself eventually"...that's been my mode of operation on a few things like my mufflers, inner fender liners, etc. I thought about getting new Stingers but figured hey, this pair has flat bottoms which gives me about 1/2" to 5/8" more ground clearance, lol.

God damn that stance is ON POINT!

I like the export-esque overlays too, and all the other nice detail work you're doing with lighting/tinting, etc.

And LOL at "it'll clearance itself eventually"...that's been my mode of operation on a few things like my mufflers, inner fender liners, etc. I thought about getting new Stingers but figured hey, this pair has flat bottoms which gives me about 1/2" to 5/8" more ground clearance, lol.

lmaoooo I actually just pickedd up another set of stingers from @NVRL8TE but my old ones I'm selling as "custom clearanced" muflers

and +111111111 to everything Dan said. stance is spot freaking on!! don't worry about your trunk, it will clearance itself...ask me how I know!

ehy8yta5.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

nice progress man! def gettin shit done! Im not sure how i feel about the yellow tint, but thats just personal preference.  What headlights are you going with?  Im using 55w 6500k HID's, and they blow with my tinted headlights.  Mine are the "dark tint" headlights from AM, although they stopped selling em, don't get em too smoked otherwise you'll run into the same problem as me.  not being able to see shit at night.

nice progress man! def gettin shit done! Im not sure how i feel about the yellow tint, but thats just personal preference.  What headlights are you going with?  Im using 55w 6500k HID's, and they blow with my tinted headlights.  Mine are the "dark tint" headlights from AM, although they stopped selling em, don't get em too smoked otherwise you'll run into the same problem as me.  not being able to see shit at night.

I'm going with UPR's super smoked headlights. I'm hoping I'll be able to see halfway decent at night, because before I could barely drive the car at night it was so bad. I don't drive the car at night but maybe 10 times a year, but I just wanted good lights for when I'm cruising the strip at MW.

That stance is awesome.  The Lumin-X is really clever idea, too.  A great alternative to spending several hundred dollars for real exports.  They're something I want too but like you can't bring myself to swallow that kind of expense for tail-lights.

I thought about getting new Stingers but figured hey, this pair has flat bottoms which gives me about 1/2" to 5/8" more ground clearance, lol.

I always wondered how you flattened the bottom of yours... and its by scrapping?  Here I was thinking it was intentional, lol.  My Stingers drag and scrape on driveways and speed bumps occasionally, would love if they flattened out like yours.

I always wondered how you flattened the bottom of yours... and its by scrapping?  Here I was thinking it was intentional, lol.  My Stingers drag and scrape on driveways and speed bumps occasionally, would love if they flattened out like yours.

Yea they are no stranger to the ground and the edge of my garage floor as I drive into the garage. Won't be a problem once the air ride is on, but I got pretty used to the feeling of them dragging the ground lol. I actually made aluminum skid plates I clamped onto them right before I ditched the SRA, that way when they drug, it wasn't wearing through the bottom of the case, haha.