slow90coupe

Low and Slow 97 GT Build Thread

Welll. It's not looking too good for MW. I jacked the car up today and found a puddle of rear end grease under the car. Not from the diff cover or the pinion seal, but from the driveshaft. I'm guessing it's the pinion nut. The jackass that put the rear end together probably forgot to tighten it down, as he forgot to tighten every other bolt I've turned on my fox so far. Which in turn means (from what I've researched) the rear end might be screwed. I leave Sunday morning and don't have the care/want to mess with the car anymore. I'll make one last push tomorrow after work by taking the driveshaft and seeing if the nut is loose (I'm almost positive it is). If It is, the car won't be going. If it's tight and it's just the pinion seal leaking fluid onto the nut, the car will be going. :(

God I hate that man; it's always something haha. Hopefully it will be a quick simple fix/or future fix so you can get that thing to mw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screw it, the car is going. I'm going to get under the car, make sure the nut is tight, and say fuck it. If I break on the way, my buddy has volunteered to come and tow my car down. So if it breaks, I'll fix it in the hotel parking lot and have it at the shows at the very least. It didn't leak any last night, so it may have just been overfilled.

Heck ya there will be plenty of people down there with tools to help you, I'm loading my truck down with tools because I know they will be needed lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see you aren't having to leave it behind, I guarantee that IG/the internet will blow up with pics of your car and Billy's especially if you park next to each other :2thumb:

Oh and I'd like to congratulate you on taking over the title of our most-liked post on Instagram, Billy had that spot previously at 452, your car is sitting at 470 currently :)

Glad to see you aren't having to leave it behind, I guarantee that IG/the internet will blow up with pics of your car and Billy's especially if you park next to each other :2thumb:

Oh and I'd like to congratulate you on taking over the title of our most-liked post on Instagram, Billy had that spot previously at 452, your car is sitting at 470 currently :)

Thanks Dan! I hope we can park next to each other. It should look pretty sweet! And that's amazing that my car got more likes than his, lol

If you think SC's roads are terrible, stay out of western PA lol

Haha and then make sure you stay the fuck outta Michigan. I swear you could lose your car in some ic the potholes we have