jgib4

Jgib4's final build thread

I haven't seen one of those in a while! Super sleeper status because when it's on the car most people barely know it's there. The snout doesn't even stand out much lol. A local guy had one on a gt a few years back and I was completely confused when I heard a bit of blower whine when he was leaving a meet lol. Next time I saw him, he pointed out the blower to me. Pretty cool really :2thumb:

Nice pick up!!! Did everything you need to run it come with it?

Unfortunately no, il be making a alt. and throttle cable bracket.

I haven't seen one of those in a while! Super sleeper status because when it's on the car most people barely know it's there. The snout doesn't even stand out much lol. A local guy had one on a gt a few years back and I was completely confused when I heard a bit of blower whine when he was leaving a meet lol. Next time I saw him, he pointed out the blower to me. Pretty cool really :2thumb:

Yea thats what i love about them.  It is going to be painted a matt black so it doesn't really stand out.  Not a bad find for $700 bucks lol

I was under the impression that the SVO blower only worked with non PI heads? am I incorrect or backwards?

Nope you can run them on either or. My buddy has one and is swapping to PI heads. You just have to run the right intake manifold gasket which blocks part of the coolant passage from the pi heads IIRC

Nope you can run them on either or. My buddy has one and is swapping to PI heads. You just have to run the right intake manifold gasket which blocks part of the coolant passage from the pi heads IIRC

does your buddy happen to have more info on this?  Tried posting on the thunderbird forum but not really getting anywhere.  I figured i would have to gasket match the ports, but if i can leave as is for a while id really like to do that.  

He hasn't done it yet but we pm'd a guy back and forth off corral who did:

e43ae96c95be431d2d8367c897006cba.jpg

Idk why my other pictures won't upload but yeah. I'll copy n pasta nlthe rest of it when I get to a computer

Dude your the man!  Ive read probably 50 threads and the only thing i could find was a few guys added a metal bead to that spot to keep it from leaking.  What kind of numbers is he expecting to make?  Im wondering what mine is going to put down.  I plan on having joe do a pretty conservative tune since I'm still on the stock block.

Dude your the man! Ive read probably 50 threads and the only thing i could find was a few guys added a metal bead to that spot to keep it from leaking. What kind of numbers is he expecting to make? Im wondering what mine is going to put down. I plan on having joe do a pretty conservative tune since I'm still on the stock block.

Haha no problem! It's a little funky, it'll explain better when I copy over the rest of what he said.

well im glad to know it wasn't just me with this thought! @Det_Riot has been raining on my intellectual parade this week :)

In all the right ways! I'm just expanding knowledge here :-D

well im glad to know it wasn't just me with this thought! @Det_Riot has been raining on my intellectual parade this week :)

I new it could be done, i just figured it was going to cost me a lot more money!

Haha no problem! It's a little funky, it'll explain better when I copy over the rest of what he said.

In all the right ways! I'm just expanding knowledge here :-D

Sounds good and thanks

Kay got it! Bold is my questions, regular is his. I believe he said his final numbers were somewhere in the high 3xx/low 4xx but I don't completely remember.

"Hey man,

So my buddy has a car that has a similar set up to your old whip, but it's a SVO blower on a npi block. He just purchased a full 04 PI motor out of a GT and wants to know what he needs to do in order to run the SVO blower on that block. He was going to swap the bottom end over, but if he can just use the whole block, he'd much rather do that."

"Simple fix ! Just use the NPI intake gaskets and you will have no leaks."

"Wow that is simple! Everything else bolts right up?"

"Yes the blower will bolt right on no problem. It will just leak antifreeze if you use the pi intake gaskets.Thats why you use the npi gaskets."

"That won't cause any cooling issues? Does block coolant ports? What kind of numbers and boost were you pushing out of your combo?"

Keep in mind I had a 96 GT with the PI heads, they revised the cooling system in 97 because of overheating problems. I had to hard wire my fan to a switch to run the fan all the time. 

If anything you might lose a couple of hp running the npi gaskets but it is the cheap alternative to welding up the intake ports.

That make life a lot easier.  Maybe next winter il pull it off and have it ported and gasket matched.  But it looks like il be doing this for this year just to get it running.  Hard to believe that the npi gaskets are going to cost me 60 bucks.  

im excited to see this come together. I have never actually seen the SVO blower on a car. im very curious on this. Im assuming this unit is not intercooled at all? just low PSI? need more INFO!

Nope not intercooled.  A lot of the guys on the thunderbird forum run meth and claim it yields around a 50rwhp gain because they tend to run so hot.  I plan on running the stock pulley which should make around 6psi.  Going to get it tuned see what it puts down.  If i want more next winter i might add meth.  Updates should be here friday since thats when the blower is going to get here.  

I did find more info on the miss matched ports.  I have now found out that both npi gaskets and pi gaskets will work.  I was recommended by the main dude on Tccoa that i run the pi gaskets from a 03 f150 5.4.  He informed me that they are a better grade gasket and he has never had a leak from them.  I plan on taking to a machine shop to see how much they would want to weld a bead in the edge of the coolant port just to be safe.

I also talked to him about gasket matching with a small port. I was informed it was a waste of time and money, and a better bet would be to pulley down and add meth. 

I plan on starting a new post with the whole install so its easier to find on a search.  The amount of time and people i have called and emailed to get info the last two weeks is ridiculous.  Im pretty sure i have most things buttoned up, but I'm sure i will still run into hiccups but i have a couple of good dudes helping me on the project.