copmagnet

Turbo mach 1 build

my engine bay looks like shit because I was trying to move the harnesses out of the way so I could drop the motor straight down without crushing shit (I have the turbo manifolds on now) and then I have the a/c and p/s held up by straps and it's just a fucking mess.. I will be cleaning up the engine bay a little tomorrow. 

I need monies to order MM coilovers :( 

Ok So today I went pretty ballz to the wall. of course I know some of you could work faster but I'm not a super fast worker. 

I got the K member in and lined up as much as it will physically go. got the steering rack cleaned up since it was black and nasty with road grime. got the old bushings out and the new offset bushings greased and installed, finally figured out what size the UPR steering rack bolts are (5 1/2-1/2 but 6-1/2 gives you a little more thread space) spent 45 minutes torching and fighting the old tie rod ends to get them off and got the steeda bumpsteer kit on. made ANOTHER trip to tailors to get bolts to connect the A-arms to the K member since the ones I got with the kit were rusted and raster nasty looking. Those bolts are (15mm by 5.5 inches or 5/8x5.5") 45$ in bolts later... got the A-arms on and loosely bolted on. got the old Coilovers and tokico's off and played with the bilstiens I got from rolocut. I got the front braided brake lines installed (brakes are getting painted tomorrow along with spindles before install). so now all I am waiting for is the MM coilover kit, a new front swaybar mount (we fucked one up pulling the motor) and sway bar end link bushings. 

and lastly... I "mach,ed" up my turbo kit..lol

11073204_779708225418212_264550720619620

11000711_779708252084876_446393346387311

10168230_779291345459900_517059148462959

you dont need all that exhaust after the down pipe, just exit that $hit out the side of the fender !!  lol

Sorry guys, I've been doing pre deployment work up and u winy be home until April 10th (also my 22st birthday so don't expect much work to get done)

But my valve covers, and oil return fittings came in so I can finally fi ish the motor and start dropping it back in the car.

Well, me and my girlfriend had a falling out I guess. friday night things were good, then she wont reply to texts or calls all sat and sun but she can keep geting on facebook so.. I did what most people do in this situation.. got really drunk and went to work.. 

it should be going in next weekend..

1618702_791936820862019_4598768912946729

I was going to drop the motor in last night since the shop got my header back to me early yesterday, well hey didnt open up the hole enough so I had to use a drill and open it up some more.. well being a dumbass (I was slightly intoxicated) instead of putting the header in a vice I held it between my legs.. for the first couple minutes it was fine but the bit ended up catching my pants and fucked my leg up. my mom said it wasnt bad enough to need to go to the hospital but its not pretty. I got up today around 545 and we started the work. (finishing drilling out header) getting it on, we mach'd up the hotside so I could clock the turbo. did you guys know a fucking turbo housing actually SPINS!?! I had no idea, it was the coolest thing in the world for five minutes. got it all ready, took the hotside off and got the motor into the car, bolted down, and i took the photos before I did anything else so it doesn't show the rest but I got the wire harness (minutes alt harness) hooked back up and thats when I stopped. I may do more tonight but my leg hurts and i keep hitting it on stuff. 

anyways i'm sure you guys just want to see photos. 

11174903_794519630603738_264545445551762

11159970_794519600603741_602179144867453

Are you planning on using the on3 supplied v band clamps?

I'm for now running it how it comes. I was suppose to have all the time in the world but the Marine corps had bigger plans and I deploy again pretty soon so I don't have time to do it as nice as I wanted it. I went all out on my motor but I don't want to pull it again, it's easy to change a v-band... 

Sounds like a relationship with any woman!!! Any guy ever tells you that he has the perfect woman, that they never argue, she never a complains or nags, they enjoy all the same things without ever straying............they're either lying to you, they're gay, or their girlfriend is a blow up doll/mannequin!!!!!' Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

yea, I don't know. she doesn't seem to be into this relationship as much since I found out I was leaving again. three back to back deployments takes a really strong relationship and I guess she can't handle that, but i'd rather deal with it now then ater we got...*gulp* Married.

yea, I don't know. she doesn't seem to be into this relationship as much since I found out I was leaving again. three back to back deployments takes a really strong relationship and I guess she can't handle that, but i'd rather deal with it now then ater we got...*gulp* Married.

That's not your fault in the least man, anyone in a relationship with someone in the military should know that's always going to be a fact of life from the get go. Like you said, if she can't handle it, better to find out sooner rather than later. Either she'll come around or you'll find someone who gets it. In the meantime, at least you're going to have a turbo Mach 1 ;)

The car is looking awesome, the color matched cam covers are titties. I didn't know that either about the turbo housing spinning lol, I have a total experience level of zero with turbos lol.

Mm coilovers installed..

I do not think I will have it done before I deploy, but I'll be making a mad dash to try..

Things ended up working out with girl. It took alot of work and bullshit but we fixed it. Things are great. But hey, that's not why we are here!

I got my hpx pmas, exedy mach 600, and just ordered a billet flywheel.

post-81-0-72456200-1433730995_thumb.jpg

Glad to hear things are back on track for you. Coilovers look great in there. Have you started the turbo install yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What spring rate did you go with?

200lb.

What spring rate did you go with?

Glad to hear things are back on track for you. Coilovers look great in there. Have you started the turbo install yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. This was my first time home in....however long its been since my last post. Something like 10 weeks.. And I was home just a few hours so.

Ok guys. Here is how to wire the HPX PMAS pigtail for 05+ cars Into your 99-04 gt/mach1/cobra/terminator. Hopefully I hit all the key words so somebody can find this through Google later down the road..

on car harness---------------------pigtail harness

grey/red ------------------------------brown second from left

red-------------------------------------orange

black-----------------------------------green/black

tan/light blue-------------------------yellow

light blue/red-------------------------green/white

grey------------------------------------brown on far left

if you have the harness that has a seperate IAT sensor (like my 96 gt had) you connect the two wires from that sensor onto the two brown wires, polarity does not matter. 

11015301_819233088132392_173992540594670

10310110_819233151465719_131855447598413

1526478_819233198132381_6504060161659030

So today started of early (way to early, bright, and loud noises) and first order was to finish getting flywheel in (waiting on dowel and bolt kit) got the clutch in, then got the trans in. 

11180300_822125691176465_784335724658862

I removed the hot side to put rtv copper on the flanges to help prevent leaks, however these on3 v-bands (the new and improved ones) are fucking junk. if they are actually new and improved over the old ones? I doubt it.. but I KNEW I WOULD HAVE ISSUES WITH THIS KIT.

after getting the hotside on, I hit another issue. the 4v turbo support bracket has to be "clearanced" so the serpentine belt will not hit it. I just cut a 1/4" of the bracket. I will photo this later if anybody wants. things going smoothly again... I hit another issue.. the wastegate closest to the turbo hits the ac compressor wheel..  barely.. like two cunt hairs away from having the bolts completely tightened and it starts hitting.. I just used a grinder to take some metal off of the wastegate.. 

then I noticed my AN fitting on the oil pan are extremely close to the hotside, and i'm worried about it... 

blah blah blah, small harnesses have to get moved.. 

10987745_822138054508562_396019436618294

11539621_822138084508559_713270654020442

I know the intake is a little off color.. I'm waiting for my sister to paint it... she paints stuff as a hobby and it's our little "bonding" thing. 

10401472_822175604504807_822574096740122

hoooly shit didn't know you were going turbo bud nice work

I believe we talked when I was planning t go d1.. I changed my mind at the last minute. literally. I had three options. used d1, used but cmplete eaton swap, new turbo kit... I'm not even joking, I played rock paper scissors with my sister.. turbo won. 

in other news.. I got bored and worked on my car today :) 

Got the interfooler mounted 

install%204.jpg

rest of the cold side followed...

install%203.jpg

install%202.jpg

had to grind a little......(long story, ended up grinding ALOT per my mistake) of the wastegate to clear the AC pump...

install%205.jpg

Got the lower intake bolted down, alt bracket on (not photoed) vacuum lines ran, fuel line installed

I didnt bolt down the intake lid because I pulled it to be painted to match the rest of the motor. It is currently hanging from a hanger in my garage.. 

install%20one.jpg

Yea that's what I remember was you talking about a D1 the funny thing is my buddy local to me same colour Mach as yours just bought a d1 for his ride . It's coming along nicely . Yea I wrenched on my car today too

One of my buddies has a very similar car with d1 also. I'm jelly.

What do you guys think about painting my intake tube black...

I'm sure the black would look good, but I think a polished one would go nicely also. The rest of the piping is polished. I don't think you can really go wrong though

Looks really nice!  You should have your sister paint the lower intake and alternator as well!

Looking forward to seeing this one finished up!

I'm holding off a little on the alt, but I had her paint the intake and shaker bracket.

Looking great!.  What's your fan setup going to be?

Lol, anything other then stock..it sure as fuck does not work. Anybody who says that a stock fan fits with a 4v is a fucking liar. 2v guys have all the room in the world, but not us 4v guys. You need an additional .65" for the plastic to clear the turbo..even more if you don't want the turbo a fingernail thickness from the plastic.. Only option is moving turbo towards motor (what I did, and the fan still hits, as well as the wastegate I had to grind down, or push the radiator forward..

I want a plug and play but don't know what's out there.

Lol, anything other then stock..it sure as fuck does not work. Anybody who says that a stock fan fits with a 4v is a fucking liar. 2v guys have all the room in the world, but not us 4v guys. You need an additional .65" for the plastic to clear the turbo..even more if you don't want the turbo a fingernail thickness from the plastic.. Only option is moving turbo towards motor (what I did, and the fan still hits, as well as the wastegate I had to grind down, or push the radiator forward..

I want a plug and play but don't know what's out there.

I'm with you on this one, there is no room and the stock fans on these cars are huge!.  I have moved my radiator forward and still fighting to get room so I will be trying to pull the turbo back towards the motor to get the additional clearance I need. 

I had a line made for my turbo drain.. and my god is it CLOSE!!! the line cost me $100, 25$ a fitting and $50 for the braided hose.. I almost drove the hour back to my house to get the braided line I had until they explained its not normal braided hose and blah blah it is shielded for heat up to 500 degrees, I said fuck it. 

unnamed%202.jpg

unnamed%201.jpg

I got the on3 crossover delete in. let me just say without pulling the alternator, this is a PAIN IN THE FUCKING ASS. and those two tabs have some SHARP corners.. I wasn't thrilled it had a blue stripe running through it but.. whatever.

unnamed.jpg

Hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you have drainback issues with that oil return line.  It may just be the way the photo is taken but it looks like the lowest point of the hose is below where the fitting connects to the pan.

Agreed with you on the tabs for the crossover delete, though.  They suck.  I wound up taking mine to my bench grinder and rounding them over and knocking the sharp edges off.  Last thing I wanted was to be working on the car and routinely cutting myself up on them.

Yea, I have had a couple people mention that, I think it's the angle of the photo and way the line is running but its higher then the pan fitting. It's very close to same level so I may have the line shortened an inch or I may get a scavaging pump..

It's not looking like I'm going to finish before I deploy so I'm prepping the car to go to my buddies garage :/