copmagnet

Turbo mach 1 build

@Tabres did you not pursue this legally?!? If you have the proof then they wouldn't stand a chance in court.

As you stated before if they had asked it would be one thing but the blatant disregard and disrespect is what would set me off. They can either take the pic down or pay you for use of your private pic!!!

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

To be honest, I was never interesting in being compensated by them - if they would have tossed me a discount code or something I probably would have taken it but I never wanted to be paid for my photo.  I was just upset and offended that they didn't ask permission, which I would have gladly given them, and then was further disturbed by the way they handled the situation when I approached them about it.  It was a textbook example of a kid getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar and being taught manners and not liking it.  Besides, even if I had wanted to I didn't have the time or money to focus on a small civil suit.  This happened when I was like 22, I was in my last semester at school trying to get everything finished up, was in the process of buying a house... life was a hectic.  Karma came around anyway, as it always seems to.  It was only a handful of months after this occurred that the original Fore went belly-up, because I believe the husband and wife that the owned the company divorced.

Ok, got in contact with Glenn's today.

Since I can live with the fore f1i regulator, fore rails (they weren't dx like I thought) and the ptfe hose, Glenn's is going to allow me to send back the hat (and pumps) and refund me. I'm working with a dealer now for the new fore hat and e-85 capable pumps..

When I thought Glenn's was making is right, I was dead wrong. Glenn's will only refund me $300 for the hat. So it looks like I'll be keeping the kit and selling off the parts I don't need and replacing them myself, because in their eyes they have done nothing wrong.

Seriously annoyed they could act in such a way. But if anybody is looking for a fuel hat setup I got one I will sell.

Today's Glenn's emailed me, probably because I never replied to their insult of $300 for the hat.. And mentioned they would take it all back and give me a refund.... With a 25% restocking fee.

I even double checked, and everybody else who ordered this kit got a fore hat. I'm the only person to end up with a lethal hat. I seriously feel like they ordered my hat from lethal super cheap and threw it in so they didn't have to pay for a fore hat.

Regardless, I have a buyer for my hat and pumps so I'm moving on from this bullshit company. Customer service is a joke with this place. I'm so highly disappointed after only seeing praise for Glenn's.

Hopefully cop should be getting pulled out the garage this weekend. it's going to a shop this weekend to have the turbo kit chopped and rewelded. I'm tired of shit not lining up and fighting the piping. small hickup but.. 

Hopefully cop should be getting pulled out the garage this weekend. it's going to a shop this weekend to have the turbo kit chopped and rewelded. I'm tired of shit not lining up and fighting the piping. small hickup but.. 

Damn that sucks to hear but hopefully it won't take much work.  Just out of curiosity what all are you having issues with?

well, it was brought to my attention by my friend who was tinkering on it while i was dpeloyed. 

remember how i removed the turbo bracket and then I was able to clock the turbo properly? well apparently the reason it was all sitting so fucked up was because the vband flanges are welded at an angle and dont sit straight together. there is a 1/8" overlap on the flanges. so two hotside spots, two downside spots, and my turbo is eating my radiator still. 

well, it was brought to my attention by my friend who was tinkering on it while i was dpeloyed. 

remember how i removed the turbo bracket and then I was able to clock the turbo properly? well apparently the reason it was all sitting so fucked up was because the vband flanges are welded at an angle and dont sit straight together. there is a 1/8" overlap on the flanges. so two hotside spots, two downside spots, and my turbo is eating my radiator still. 

If its mainly just flanges that shouldn't be to hard.  Hope it turns out straight forward fix so you can get this thing together.  I'm ready to see it finished up!!!

639e8392-d8d1-43ea-9431-59356d79cc8c.jpg

a5fc8d61-300d-4f9c-871e-be59efa99b9f.jpg

f14cee6a-d9d1-4a95-9cd9-d2118a7228d7.jpg

06581baf-d50f-41b1-8331-6bb937e05df6.jpg

I get fed up and took the car to a welder. He corrected alot of the on3 turbo plumbing issues I had. Turns out my downpipe alignment issue was because I was forcing the two hotside pieces together in the middle to connect to the vband which threw off every thing else. Needless to say he had to add a 1.5" piece into the hotside to straighten it out. He had to correct the angle of two of three v bands. Added one v band between the first and second downpipe section. Welded a bracket onto the third section that connects to my transmission cross member. 

Radiator was pushed forward 1" and a 16" 250cfm fan ad put in and wired so it's constantly on high. 

K&N filter was added on today after fighting it into place.

Precision wastegates with 9.7# springs installed (won't be running the boost leash until after the car is done)

Remaining o2 sensors connected. 

Started installing fuel system (well just the rails today) 

I think that was everything.. 

Looks like nice progress!  I'll be interested to hear your impression of the boost leash!  I've thought more than once about switching out my eBoost2 for one of those.

Looks like it's fitting a ton better.  Super glad to see this making headway again!  Out of curiosity what did the welding shop charge to fix it and how long did they take?  Just interested to as mine may need some work on the downpipe to get it to line up with the rest of the exhaust since I am running a different turbo, or I've heard the turbonetics turbos throw off the downpipe alignment.

3 hours ago, Lanter said:

Looks like it's fitting a ton better.  Super glad to see this making headway again!  Out of curiosity what did the welding shop charge to fix it and how long did they take?  Just interested to as mine may need some work on the downpipe to get it to line up with the rest of the exhaust since I am running a different turbo, or I've heard the turbonetics turbos throw off the downpipe alignment.

They only charged me $700 and that included new vbands, the slim fan, and some small other misc work they did. They did all the work in two days but they had the car two weeks. 

This is partly from last weekend and this weekend. I got 95% of my fuel system installed. still need to wire in the FC3.

Here we are.

IMG_20160312_091109126.jpg

When you get the old tank out, if you are using a FORE fuel hat (lethal has their own harness) you will need to recycle your factory harness. 

Cut all 4 wires from the old hat. You will also need to pull the two blue valves from the old tank. these are evap things so are needed. 

FB_IMG_1457805898176.jpg

IMG_20160312_122022815.jpg

the two small wires on the stock harness connect to the two wires on the fore hat. the other two just get taped up and are not used anymore.

IMG_20160312_130411097_HDR.jpg

FB_IMG_1457806893986.jpg

at this time you're ready to install the tank into the car. I used this opportunity to connect the fuel pump harness, find a grommet and run them into the trunk. HUGE NOTICE HERE. INSTALL YOUR FEED AND RETURN LINES ONTO THE HAT BEFORE LIFTING THE TANK INTO PLACE. ONCE THE TANK IS IN PLACE YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO SECURE THE LINES ONTO THE HAT.

IMG_20160312_134342403.jpg

the fun part was running the lines. it's a huge pain in the ass to wrangle 20FT of braided lines under a car.. 

IMG_20160312_164156857.jpg

IMG_20160312_164205666.jpg

IMG_20160312_165548702.jpg

Fuel filter installed here, in the passenger fender well. 

IMG_20160319_131030847.jpg

Front crossover line made. 

IMG_20160318_230528643.jpg

Fuel regulator mounted. just a heads up, make sure you have the stupid reference nipple on WITH a vacuum line when you mock up the regulator position. I ended up having to shift mine a half inch which was a huge PITA because i forgot about the boost reference line. 

IMG_20160319_144403031.jpg

Remember that port on the side of my intake I used as the boost port for my old regulators? it's now the port for my regulator boost reference. I ran the lines back and behind the engine harness to try and hide it. 

IMG_20160319_175750264.jpg

IMG_20160319_175810504.jpg

Feed line ran. I wish i would have cut it a tad bit shorter to avoid the fender liner clearance issue, but it wasnt anything some cussing and a small 10lb sledge couldn't handle. BTW, all the black "tape" is anti chafe tape. 

IMG_20160319_162048740.jpg

FORE INNOVATIONS

IMG_20160312_175657140.jpg

Installed a new shifter baseplate thingy from LMR since i tore my old one up getting it out..

IMG_20160319_171010032.jpg

I was advised by a friend to get the cobra bobs shifter gaskets. it came with two small pieces for the handle, I assume they installed like this..

IMG_20160319_173019327.jpg

and finally, the bezel and shift knob back on.

IMG_20160319_173247898.jpg

as of right now all that remains is ---

installing the new engine ground

installing coolant overflow tank

install FC2 (fuel pump control unit)

install oil relocation kit. 

add fluids. 

so it will be done hopefully next time I work on it. I'm starting a shooting competition monday so I will be gone doing that for two weeks.

IMG_20160318_083143068.jpg

Awesome work!  Everything looks great. Are you planning to re-install the inner fender liners.?  May have to trim to fit around the fuel filter. I know mine is needing some trimming from the fuel lines and battery cable. 

I actually did put the liner back in. It cleared the filter, but not the return line. I really don't want to pull it back apart to shorten the fuel line so I may just leave it. But I also haven't put the tire back on to make sure it clears everything. I mean for the most part it was pretty easy getting the liner back in and aligned so I don't think there will be any clearance issues.

I'm actually really excited about this post. it's not much, but i finally got a chance to go home and work on the mach. I'm not sure which of you follow me on FB, but its been hard to go home recently due to the Division shooting matches, and advanced infantry course..

So here is what's up!

one of the guys on the turbo page posted a photo of a bracket he had made. I liked the idea, but didn't really like his bracket.. so I did my own bracket and mounting location.

The "bracket" is just some 5"x1" framing bracket I found at home depot. 

drilled a few holes and gave it a coat of black paint. not really sure why.. I was just bored and saw a can of spray paint *shrugs*.

received_979227485466284.jpeg

received_979227368799629.jpeg

I got a slightly longer bolt and replaced the original bolt.

IMG_20160424_125003794.jpg

Lines cut and installed (seriously, what a fucking bitch, I've screwed prudes who gave it up easier than these fucking hoses). 

IMG_20160424_140831994.jpg

IMG_20160424_140849385.jpg

Massive oil filter is massive. 

IMG_20160424_141108994.jpg

and it tucks up Very nicely. 

IMG_20160424_141133802.jpg

I still need to install the FC2, either get a catch can or breathers, and a start up tune to check for leaks before it goes to the dyno.

at some point i need to find those stupid bolts and clips that hold the coolant tank to the radiator support. I guess when the shop removed my radiator to cut and weld the brackets they removed them for some reason and I cannot find those things anywhere.

On 5/2/2016 at 4:33 PM, Alex302 said:

what brand oil filter relocation is that?

The block side is transadapt I believe, the lines I made myself using generic A/N fittings, and the oil filter plate is MM.

Fore Fc2 installed, engine ground installed, coolant system buttoned up..I for the first time in like 16 months powered up the car and heard the pumps run (tank is empty so I only bumped it to make sure they had power) 

This weekend I should be getting fluids into the car, and working with my tuner on getting a base tune.. Standbye gents! 

well guys, last photos are being uploaded right now. I got the FC2 mounted a way I like in the trunk, fluids have been added. Just waiting on the tuner to send me the base tune. 

I went through the car three times. And I think I have turned my last wrench on the slut today. 

Here is the photo of the FC2/FC3 installed. I'm going to throw down some knowledge bombs to help whoever in the future install these because I had a rough time finding the info needed.

Remove your factory FPDM, sell it, trash it, whatever. find your inertia switch. it has two wires running into it. cut back the loom so you can clearly see both wires. one of these wires goes to the FPDM (trigger wire needed for your FC-whatever). cut back the loom from the fpdm pigtail. find the matching wire on the fpdm side and cut it from the pigtail connector. plug this into your FC-whatever. i grounded my fc2 off the fpdm ground. I then reused the fpdm bracket to I could have a semi clean install. 

IMG_20160530_153038337.jpg

last parts secured and breathers installed. 

IMG_20160530_154828679.jpg

Fluids in the car. Tune uploaded. bad battery replaced (under warranty too! score!)

IMG_20160530_170826904.jpg

and the moment we have all been waiting for!!!! 

Downsides, There is a weird noise on startup, kinda sounds like a sticking starter, but it sounds like its coming from the clutch area. 

I have a header leak

I have a vband leak

oil leak from the black plugs on the oil relocation kit

and my tune isn't keeping the car idling without me giving it some gas. 

BUT, it's alive!

Small update, I dropped the car off at a buddies shop last weekend to have the small issues fixed (between some personal issues and work i wasnt able to work on it myself) 

and it should be done here soon. 

then to the dyno for final tune! hopefully it doesnt blow up !!!

On 6/24/2016 at 11:21 AM, Lanter said:

When's your tune appointment?  Oh and who is tuning it?

Brent Hughes at DTP in Chesapeake VA. 

It was supposed to get tuned Saturday but there was an issue on the tuners end so it didn't happen. It will be going on the dyno Friday (as of now) to get tuned. 

The shop had to replace a vband  and another coupler that apparently the last shop(who welded it) fucked up, which cleared up the exhaust leak. The oil leak was do to a plug backing out. Not quite sure how it happened, but all is fixed. 

I got to drive it across a parking lot. So that was pretty cool. The car sounds fucking mean. The engine sounds pretty good, no noises or misfires. Hopefully I should have it back and tuned Friday or Saturday so I can out the bumper and stuff back on and get it inspected. 

I finally got the balls to start cutting and soldering. usually something 'm not very good at, but i have done ok so far..

started by painting y bezels the correct interior color.

http://imgur.com/5rLRgxB

next i spliced the harness to clean up some stuff.

splicing all done.

all done.. 

and the final product..

in case anybody was wondering, instead of spending 30+ doll hairs at LMR for their can, duplicolor "BFMO226 SILVER MET" is an exact match to the mach 1 interior cluster paint.