copmagnet

Turbo mach 1 build

Exhaust gaskets overnighted to my house, and i decided to pick up some header wrap since I have to pull the turbo kit off. Its probably not the best stuff ever (DEI is fucking expensive!) But it will have to do for now. 

Do you guys know of anyone else on the forum with a forward facing on3 kit? I'm trying to determine if I can pull the manifolds without dropping the K member, as I only have about 10 hours to pick the car up, and fix it. Luckily I have a lift so that should expedite things.

23 hours ago, Lanter said:

I have the same kit and am almost certain you can pull the headers with the k member in place. 

Oh that's perfect! 

After fighting with UPS on my overnight delivery item i have everything to fix it tomorrow .

long story short.

1. Payed $65 for overnight shipping from Tusca to get gaskets by today to fix tomorrow.

2. Ups delivered at 1pm.

3. Responsible adult at work, can't sign for package.

4. Immediately get email delivery attempt was made.

5. Not knowing package to be signed for, called ups pissed.

6. Ups says I can drive to their hub (1.5 hours in the opposite direction  of my car) to pick up packages.

7. Explain situation to ups. 

8. Rep gets ahold of driver and explains the situation. 

9. Ups driver waited until 7pm for me to get home and receive package.

10. Hunter is happy. 

Against all odds, i actually got the header gaskets swapped today, and I even wrapped all the hotside and downside with header wrap. 

I'm so unbelievably excited to have accomplished that today. It took roughly 13 hours straight working on the car to get it done. 

Down side, my fuel level sender is apparently stuck, because when I start the car. The needle sweeps as it should, but then it goes all the way to E, low fuel light comes on. Buy when I went to a gas station to fill it, 2.5 gallons was overflowing the tank. 

1 hour ago, copmagnet said:

And the magic numbers are in.

562/650

FB_IMG_1468448929743.jpg

Who says mod motors can't make great torque, good numbers man I bet it's gonna rip.

14 degrees total timing. I start making boost at 3200, and have full boost by 3700.

It drives like factory, and it pulls like a fucking freight train. 

Are you supposed to be scared of your car? 

Started installing my gauges today. This turned out to be alot more difficult than originally anticipated. I have the wideband sensor and pressure sender installed on the motor and hotside. The wires are ran through the firewall on the passenger side and through the back of the dash. I have the old pillar out but ran into clearance issues with the new one and all the wires. 

I picked up a nifty little cutting bit for my dremel and cut out a slightly bigger hole. Unfortunately I ran out of time. 

So next weekend I should be able to finish that install up. 

On 7/16/2016 at 2:53 PM, copmagnet said:

14 degrees total timing. I start making boost at 3200, and have full boost by 3700.

It drives like factory, and it pulls like a fucking freight train. 

Are you supposed to be scared of your car? 

if you build it right, then yes.  :D

Well, today I finally have my first series issue. 

Earlier today I made a 2-4 gear wot pull (i was passing a semi, and why not?) And all was good. 

Later that night retiring home I kinda got on it a tiny bit in third gear, and at 3900-4k, the car falls right on its face. 

If I dont hit it at wot it will pass 4k, wot and its like I'm letting off. I can hear the bov open when this happens so I dont think it's that. 

Ill be checking the plugs to see of I POSSIBLY fouled one since I am slightly rich and conservative on the tune side. 

For tye record, I'm freaking out.

The BOV shouldn't open until the intake manifold is under vacuum.  Opening while at WOT will certainly make it feel like it's falling on its face since a lot of your boost is escaping the system.

Are you sure that isn't just assembly lube?  The excess will wash out of the motor with the oil.  I've had moly assembly lube on my drain plug the first 2-3 oil changes every time I've built the motor.

Edited by Tabres

Have the Mach out any this year?  My oil was glittery for the first couple oil changes, actually need to get it changed soon and see if it's glitter free yet or not.  I've read some engines during break in can take up to 5000 miles before it stops seating everything.

• Supporting Member
On 12/18/2016 at 3:54 PM, copmagnet said:

I was told it's normal for break in, since I only have 3k on it. So I changed the oil and I'll drain it at 500miles and check again.

Any updates?

sorry I've been gone for so long. Military life and such. 

Car has been running fine since aside from my breathers blowing oil all over the motor and smoking out. Didn't do it before I deployed so I'll be doing a leak down and compression test tomorrow to make sure motor is healthy. 

Still runs like a raped ape 😂😂

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 5:23 AM, Evilcw311 said:

So what are you up to now??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m actually living in Japan now. Actually trying to track the car down so I can try and buy it back.

On 12/8/2020 at 10:08 AM, ttocs said:

so it looks like all the sushi you can stand then huh?

I spend SO MUCH on sushi....... 

On 12/8/2020 at 10:57 AM, White95 said:

I’d buy a Skyline buts that me.

Not worth it. I’m on the Lower island so I’d have to pay an import fee. In the mean time I’m rocking a $2k Honda Civic wagon. 

I thought about bringing back a Supra, but there’s a lot of red tape and hoops that I’m honestly too lazy to jump through for a measly 20k