jedpony

Jedpony's 99 Cobra Build

Now that ive got a new car its time for a new build! As many of you already know i aquired my 99 cobra by trading away my 95 gt vert which was my first car. The cobra is basically stock with a c&l cold air intake with a magnaflow catback and of course the saleen body. Unfortunately the 95 was destroyed by a not so careful new owner while he was driving it back home to Jersey. To top it off on my way back home i encountered 2 flat tires by running over some debri from a truck that lost its load. The car was put on a flatbed and towed to the nearest shop. After waiting 4 hours i was finally back on the road and made it home safetly.

20140111_135408_zpsnkj4p2cz.jpg

20140111_144323_zps55jrj3hm.jpg

20140111_193749_zpsmrg0djsc.jpg

2014011195173212_zpsv9gjcffm.jpg

The first mod i did was change out the crappy stock shifter for a steeda Tri-Ax. I also spent a good hour spraying down the underside of the car and gave it a quick wash before i put it back in the garage.

20140115_131123_zpszjnpqsaz.jpg

IMG_2229757395220_zpspceqn7h6.jpeg

IMG_20140112_200607_zpsbgdpyzr6.jpg

IMG_2226125501433_zpsfeo7qexm.jpeg

FASTEST NEW BUILD THREAD EVER!!!!! :P in all seriousness im ready... and interested!

Haha it didnt take long :D

what's the plans for this new edge?

Big list. First thing is lowering the car/wheels. Im yanking off the magnaflow catback soon and cleaning it up, might be selling it or just changing out the mufflers (it has the quiet mufflers on it now) Later plans include building up the engine and forced induction. Not sure what route im going with yet.

PROCHARGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Procharger f1 maybe B-)

The dude that you traded with was a total douche. Haha... He proved it on FB with his original post saying he did a huge burnout when he got it. Then 3 posts later he "drove it like a grandma".

haha i know.. Try meeting him lol. My dad was about ready to slap him across the face. He has no clue about cars, he doesnt even know how to change is own oil. What hes doing with a modded mustang is beyond me.

Good looking car. I've always wanted a NE Saleen dressed in black so I love the looks. Looking forward to the build.

Thanks man! Ill trade ya for that blue mach :P haha. Not the biggest fan of black, but ill take it.

This should be a great build! I've always liked the new edge saleen styling the most of all the generations, something about the front bumper is just perfection.

Thanks Dan! The thing that really grabbed my eye for this car was that it had a saleen body. Definitely one of my favorite stylings.

BAH! 2X precission 6466's that would be WAY better.

haha Im seeing $$$$ signs.  

everytime i skim the threads and see your new cobra.. makes me want a new edge more and more. 

Thanks! I honestly love both the new edge mustangs and the earlier sn's. Before i pulled the trigger on this one i almost traded for a 98 cobra.

Beauteous!!! Really like the new edge.

Sent from Space

Thanks Steve-Oh! 

Small little update. Was bored this weekend and decided to do a quick clean/polish on the C&L Intake that was on the car when i got it. Not the greatest job, but decent for a quickie. 

Before:20140115_214508_zps5ufq96hg.jpg

After: 

20140119_201850_zpsqtqwzmto.jpg

Also found out my car has an accufab throttle body. 

20140115_214528_zpsqfj9tfny.jpg

Then later i jacked up the car and took off the magnaflow catback. Was thinking about getting rid of the whole thing, but i think im just going to clean up and polish the tailpipes and get different mufflers. 

20140115_155901_zpsnwk71s2m.jpg

20140115_214606_zpsondolapk.jpg

The polishing looks great! Those IRS tails will look sick polished :2thumb:

Thanks Dan! Cant wait to see what they look like on the car all cleaned up! Ditched the magnaflow mufflers, and looking for a set of borla stingers. Unfortunately it doesn't look like much more progress will be made on the car until spring bc my mom kicked me out of the garage lol. Its outside with a cover on it.

Nice man I love Saleen kits and what mid pipe is on it , my buddies mom had a magnaflow cat back with with the regular mufflers long tubes and a off road x and that bitch was loud as hell. I guess that's what happens when your kid wrecks your car blows the motor ... He pays for me to install new motor ,clutch , long tubes and off road x pipe lol

Nice man I love Saleen kits and what mid pipe is on it , my buddies mom had a magnaflow cat back with with the regular mufflers long tubes and a off road x and that bitch was loud as hell. I guess that's what happens when your kid wrecks your car blows the motor ... He pays for me to install new motor ,clutch , long tubes and off road x pipe lol

Right now it has the stock midpipe on it. Im either going with a upr x pipe or mac prochamber. I just really want borla stingers for this thing, so the magnaflow mufflers had to go. Lol thats great. How hard is it to install longtubes on these cars? Ive heard its a major pain.

Right now it has the stock midpipe on it. Im either going with a upr x pipe or mac prochamber. I just really want borla stingers for this thing, so the magnaflow mufflers had to go. Lol thats great. How hard is it to install longtubes on these cars? Ive heard its a major pain.

Oh it's a chore . Dropping the k member is required when you go off road mid pipe that thing will be loud as hell but you I can't go wrong with borlas

If you are dead set on Stingers (I can't blame you, I love mine) and don't want to wait for a used set to show up, they can be bought new. They're called the S-Type muffler (part # 40842S), they are not cheap by any means but if you want new they are available.

From Jeg's ($175.99 each):

http://www.jegs.com/i/Borla/157/40842S/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710645363&catargetid=1784157274&cadevice=c&&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CMedza-VlLwCFedAMgod1z8AKA

And the lowest price I've seen fro Autoplicity ($142.41 each)

http://autoplicity.com/products/268968-borla_40842s_s_type.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=268968NOFITMENT&utm_campaign=GSNOFITMENT&adtype=pla&kw=&utm_term=&adpos=1o4&network=g&gclid=CMP64uSVlLwCFckWMgodbGcALA

If you are dead set on Stingers (I can't blame you, I love mine) and don't want to wait for a used set to show up, they can be bought new. They're called the S-Type muffler (part # 40842S), they are not cheap by any means but if you want new they are available.

From Jeg's ($175.99 each):

http://www.jegs.com/i/Borla/157/40842S/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710645363&catargetid=1784157274&cadevice=c&&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CMedza-VlLwCFedAMgod1z8AKA

And the lowest price I've seen fro Autoplicity ($142.41 each)

http://autoplicity.com/products/268968-borla_40842s_s_type.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=268968NOFITMENT&utm_campaign=GSNOFITMENT&adtype=pla&kw=&utm_term=&adpos=1o4&network=g&gclid=CMP64uSVlLwCFckWMgodbGcALA

Thanks for the links! I know they are ridiculously expensive, but ive never seen them that cheap with the link you gave me. Lucky me i think i actually found a set from a guy on svtp. Hes taking them off for me when he gets his car out of storage so hopefully i can grab those at a decent price. Now the deciding factor is a upr x pipe or a mac prochamber. 

I put ARH long tubes on my car and documented it best I could: http://www.cjponyparts.com/mustang-arh-stainless-long-tube-headers-1999-2004-installation-instructions/a/340/

Make sure you get a nice set. Me and @Sleeperstang1994 installed Pacesetters on a Mach1. They are lllooowww quality and fit like junk. My ARHs were perfect.

I have Borla Stingers as well and I absolutely love them. I don't think I'd want any other muffler on a modular. I bought them on Amazon. I believe I had some gift cards and I signed up for a credit card for an extra $30 off, lol.

I put ARH long tubes on my car and documented it best I could: http://www.cjponyparts.com/mustang-arh-stainless-long-tube-headers-1999-2004-installation-instructions/a/340/

Make sure you get a nice set. Me and @Sleeperstang1994 installed Pacesetters on a Mach1. They are lllooowww quality and fit like junk. My ARHs were perfect.

I have Borla Stingers as well and I absolutely love them. I don't think I'd want any other muffler on a modular. I bought them on Amazon. I believe I had some gift cards and I signed up for a credit card for an extra $30 off, lol.

Wow great write up. Thanks for the info! Seems  like such a pain for long tubes lol. I Think im going to hold off on headers for now. I wouldn't see any real gains on a stock 4 valve for now would I?

well not much has happened with the car lately, but hopefully that's going to be changing soon. Here are some recent pictures of the car from when i drove to Carlisle for the all ford show. Unfortunately my car wasn't show ready this year, so i didn't enter. 

IMG_20140608_200154_zps9fmcpool.jpg

IMG_20140608_194448_zpsoqg6io1u.jpgIMG_20140608_193427_zpscox4t0tq.jpg20140608_165807_zpstsldrgft.jpg2014060895165933_zpssyvihazc.jpg

God dude car looks killer! Those rolling shots would be supreme if there wasn't driver reflection in them :-(

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

God dude car looks killer! Those rolling shots would be supreme if there wasn't driver reflection in them :-(

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

those wheels do really look great on there.

Looks good man! Hopefully we can meet up soon  :2thumb:

Thanks guys! Ive got some updates coming soon. 

Ray where do you live? I work in springdale, about 4 miles from Pittsburgh Mills Mall. I need to get a new rear bumper and paint, you said your dad has a body shop right?

Thanks guys! Ive got some updates coming soon. 

Ray where do you live? I work in springdale, about 4 miles from Pittsburgh Mills Mall. I need to get a new rear bumper and paint, you said your dad has a body shop right?

Yup. His shop is in Glassport, text me and let me know if you want to figure something out. We can hook you up  :2thumb:

well not much has happened with the car lately, but hopefully that's going to be changing soon. Here are some recent pictures of the car from when i drove to Carlisle for the all ford show. Unfortunately my car wasn't show ready this year, so i didn't enter. 

IMG_20140608_200154_zps9fmcpool.jpg

even with the reflection this is still a really cool shot.  love your new cobra man!