Twista

Front plate- WTF!!!!!!!!!!

I get pulled every month pretty much and im tired of it.

I just ordered this and waiting for it to come next week maybe==> http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdown-licenseplate-manual.html

but in the mean time i zip tied it on with about 20 zip ties. Lower ground clearance now lol. hopefully it doesnt get ripped off between today and next monday.

2l8zr7n.jpg

from

1e0yms.jpg

Edited by s4rge

:(

I refuse to go front plate, even though I am supposed to also...Let us know how it works out on the cobra bumper, since it's not really flat and straight.

Yep, i know what you mean. I was just tired of getting singled out on a road of drivers just because i had no front plate. Once they see that then they get you for little crap once pulled over. Loud exhaust, tint, no front plate. Even if they dont just ticket you.. and just give warning.. that one cop having a bad day can make your good day even worst. I was minding my business coming from a car cruise turning from a red light and she popped out of no-where and lit me up for a no front plate then mentioned my exhaust. Just stupid.

Pull me over if im speeding or driving stupid... not because no display of a metal pos on the front of my car.

i would sell my car before i put a big ugly ass front plate on! i've gotten one ticket already! 89 bux!!!!!

That blows. I dont have money to blow otherwise i would eat those tickets for breakfast lol. I mean the hide away plate thingie is nice. Just hide it when you take pictures or go to car shows.. and show it when your driving in strict cities lol.

If you get pulled over just tell the cop your bracket is broke and just go around and slide it out and say, "SEE its there, but broke" LOL and you have a new one the mail.

That blows. I dont have money to blow otherwise i would eat those tickets for breakfast lol. I mean the hide away plate thingie is nice. Just hide it when you take pictures or go to car shows.. and show it when your driving in strict cities lol.

If you get pulled over just tell the cop your bracket is broke and just go around and slide it out and say, "SEE its there, but broke" LOL and you have a new one the mail.

cool idea. better then drilling holes and having it front and center, lol!

If you're gonna put it on the front bumper at least have it centered. It looks like a 2 year old put it on the way it is now.

And if you're getting pulled over every month, is it really worth the hassle of not having it in the right spot? Just a thought..

If you're gonna put it on the front bumper at least have it centered. It looks like a 2 year old put it on the way it is now.

And if you're getting pulled over every month, is it really worth the hassle of not having it in the right spot? Just a thought..

Its temporary till my hide away plate holder gets here from americanmuscle- http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdown-licenseplate-manual.html

So, im not worried about how it looks for the next 8 days. No need to make it perfect when its just zip tied and you can't zip tie it on perfect on a sn95 cobra bumper unless you well.. drill holes in your bumper to put the zip tie threw and that kills the whole purpose of what im doing and waiting for my plate holder to come.

Use ferocious' idea and rubber band it to the visors

Illegal still and you will get ticketed the same as its being on the dash inside the car. Its been on my dash since i got the car and they see it but still pull you over. It has to be on the front of car bumper.. no where inside.

Edited by s4rge

I didnt read your post carefully enough to notice that you bought the holder from AM.

Hope it doesn't get ripped off on the first speed bump you come across.

That would suck. I was kind of sad about putting it on. Its so clean and perfect looking. My rear one looks like hell and dirty. Sucks to put something so clean to be destroyed by rocks and weather lol.

:(

I sorry

:drunk: LOL no need to say sorry. It looks like crap, but its just a better piece of mind while driving. I drive my car 2am 3am everynight for work pass 352352 cops just waiting for them to pull a u-turn and get me for no plate. And trust me.. @ 2am at night.. cops have nothing better to do, but pull over the small amount of cars driving on the road for little things. They have before and it makes me late for work also.

It looks like your car is eating it. Anyways, I have to run mine also. I've gotten pulled over 4 times, and on the 4th the cop said if I got caught again i'd get a ticket. No thanks.

Bastard cop. I live about 10 minutes away from Indiana where there is no front plate required. So whenever i move i will probably get a apartment there. Still work in Illinois, but live in Indiana. This way they can't mess with me b/c IN only has a rear plate :05.18-flustered:

Also cheaper gas and taxes.

Bastard cop. I live about 10 minutes away from Indiana where there is no front plate required. So whenever i move i will probably get a apartment there. Still work in Illinois, but live in Indiana. This way they can't mess with me b/c IN only has a rear plate :05.18-flustered:

Also cheaper gas and taxes.

Sounds like a plan to me. I hate that they are required.. and the state borders near me are Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas... all 2 hours away lol. Oh well. I don't understand why we need them. I think part of it is for toll road cameras. So dumb.

Sounds like a plan to me. I hate that they are required.. and the state borders near me are Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas... all 2 hours away lol. Oh well. I don't understand why we need them. I think part of it is for toll road cameras. So dumb.

Ahh hell screw the state idea. While i get away from the no front plate i gain emission testing in IN and my car has no smog stuff installed lol. Guess ill stick to my hidden front plate and no emission testing for cars older than 96 in IL

I hate the no front plate law but I've been lucky to avoid any trouble from it. if i could move to a state that didn't require a front plate i'd do it immediately, that's like my dream lol.

I was wondering how one of those hideaway plate things would work on our cars so be sure to let us know!

Edited by OnyxCobra

Just took a nap.. woke up and looked @ my picture and it looks worst after sleeping. LMFAO, its hideous.. my car looks like the damn cookie monster. Im pretty sure cops will get a laugh from this and other people will give the car a WTF look. Already got one strange stare this evening.

22626975.gif

Make that sure sucks well I hope that hide a plate works out for you. Getting tickets sucks. I remember seeing one of the other members from that other place he had it on his right side visor and that looked cool to me. Would that work for you ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Make that sure sucks well I hope that hide a plate works out for you. Getting tickets sucks. I remember seeing one of the other members from that other place he had it on his right side visor and that looked cool to me. Would that work for you ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nope. Outside of car on front bumper :dispirited:

I get pulled every month pretty much and im tired of it.

I just ordered this and waiting for it to come next week maybe==> http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdown-licenseplate-manual.html

but in the mean time i zip tied it on with about 20 zip ties. Lower ground clearance now lol. hopefully it doesnt get ripped off between today and next monday.

2l8zr7n.jpg

from

1e0yms.jpg

Its crooked. :sign-smiley-6936:

I cut it off today. Back plateless rofl.gifBesides looking stupid i had to take a detour today around a train and well met a steep incline and heard a metal noise i never heard before. LOL. Plate is fine after i bent it back straight thinklaugh.gif

Didn't even get 5 minutes from house before bending it up with the pavement.

I don't understand how other states get by just fine without having the obnoxious front plate and other states can't live without it. It's the most awkward looking thing on a car. I always liked seeing some of the Jersey people who put them on the visors or suction cupped them to the lower part of the window just above the dash. The suction cup idea I think looked the best. I don't see the big deal, it's still very visible from the front of the car. It's no different then the people cruising around "the hood" with their plates in the back windows because they're afraid of having the plate/registration sticker stolen.

Front plates are for law enforcement to ID your car quicky. It's very effective for traffic cams that enforce laws like red lights - they get a pic of your plate and your face from the front while running the light. In court, you can't say it wasn't you. They are also for a lot of the newer style photo toll roads / highways showing up.

Think of it this way... your car gets stolen... cops all get the BOLO with your plate number.... and the guy drives right by 10 cops who all let him pass b/c there was no front plate to read. Or months it's sitting in a parking lot at WalMart - but backed into the spot. As the cops drive by running plates, there is no front plate to run, so they pass it up.

Being in FL, we don't have them. But when I lived in other states I could have cared less about it. I try to keep it legal so I don't give LEOs a reason to hassle me.

I want a servo controlled arm that flips the license plate out and up from the inside of the front bumper.. that would be legit.

they make a motorized version that you can control from inside the car.

Front plates are for law enforcement to ID your car quicky. It's very effective for traffic cams that enforce laws like red lights - they get a pic of your plate and your face from the front while running the light. In court, you can't say it wasn't you. They are also for a lot of the newer style photo toll roads / highways showing up.

Think of it this way... your car gets stolen... cops all get the BOLO with your plate number.... and the guy drives right by 10 cops who all let him pass b/c there was no front plate to read. Or months it's sitting in a parking lot at WalMart - but backed into the spot. As the cops drive by running plates, there is no front plate to run, so they pass it up.

Being in FL, we don't have them. But when I lived in other states I could have cared less about it. I try to keep it legal so I don't give LEOs a reason to hassle me.

I can understand some of that but no cop worth himself is going to drive by a car that fits the description of a stolen car without checking it out just because it's backed into a parking space. If not every state needs a front plate then no state needs a front plate imo. It's probably my #1 complaint, it just makes cars look horrible.

Idk how it is in other states but in NY it has to be affixed to the front bumper and you can't have anything covering it. That means no sun visor mount, no up on the dash, either keep it on the front bumper or don't bother. we aren't even supposed to have those license plate covers.

I can understand some of that but no cop worth himself is going to drive by a car that fits the description of a stolen car without checking it out just because it's backed into a parking space.

It's not always the cop looking at cars while they are doing it. Many places use cameras and a computer system to run plates electronically as the officer drives slowly up and down the rows. If it hits a plate that's flagged (not up to date tags, no insurance on file, owner has warrents, stolen etc...), it alerts the officer.

I understand that, just because you're driving through a parking lot doesn't mean you aren't looking around lol

hey, i really need to see the quote from the other place . lmao u need to copy it for here...lol