330CubeGt

5.4L Supercharged 98 GT

Well i still have a ton of pics of my old car on my laptop and i figured most have you have already seen it but i wanted to post up some pics of it because most people get a kick out of what it was although it was never completed and parted out :livid:

Started life as a bone stock 98Gt 5 Speed, Ended up as a 5.4L Blown Auto car. Sumped tank, coil overs etc etc etc. I did everything myself and upgraded just about everything but the brakes lol.

How it looked before i got ahold of it.

87075459.jpg

36759571.jpg

89028530.jpg

16810952.jpg

20557529.jpg

43855668.jpg

46130094.jpg

dsc00938i.jpg14833258.jpg

Here is a video clip of the car running N/A with out the blower..

Edited by 330CubeGt

Aside from being completely insane & having serious traction problems, how enjoyable was it to drive the car? I never got why people spent the time to do this. It's cool and all but just not my cup of tea. No offense to you. You did a fantastic and tastefully clean job on yours. Not like some of the other half asses ones I've seen.

Brian

Im only 25 but growing up around 60s cars with my father and with him owning a few older cars the the tunnel rams through the hood i think a little of the old school roots i was brought up around came out when i decided to dig into that project.

Car was stout N/A after i get the tune down, Right after i got it to run right i took it back down for the blower install and went from a T-45 to a shift kitted build by me 4R70W with a converter. In the middle of the last few steps to get this car to the Street/Strip car i was looking for i was laid off from my job and after a month or so i ran out of money and was forced to part the car out. I was only a few items into the part out and i was able to start working with a friend.

But by that time the blower and a few fuel parts were sold and i had lost interest. So with the little bit of money i had left i went and picked up a 94 GT...

Thanks for being honest brian, I understand where your coming from as i kind of feel the same way now that its done and gone. Although i have thoughts of a 5.4 in the future its deff nothing like that.

I built it from scratch with no real help, so i miss it. But i would never do it again...

Oh i posted some video aswell.

Haha, I'm only 24. Maybe it's because of how tall the engine is with the blower and having to cut the hood up. I understand though. I think you did a great job though.

I always did want to build a 5.4 2v turbo setup like this red '99 GT:

That one was running the streets of Tampa for a while back then, car was unbeatable.

Im thinking of building a Single turbo 5.4 4V now, but who knows if ill ever actually get to it. Only thing id have to give up is the Aluminum block and a few RPM's. So will see...

That one was running the streets of Tampa for a while back then, car was unbeatable.

Im thinking of building a Single turbo 5.4 4V now, but who knows if ill ever actually get to it. Only thing id have to give up is the Aluminum block and a few RPM's. So will see...

Haha it was unbeatable before it caught on fire at the drag strip :( I loved watching that car. It would rape 800+ RWHP Cobras like it was nothing. It was done right just had some issues.

You should definitely do this!!

That video was sad, I wonder if its all fixed up and stuffed into another chassis yet :)

I know. I literally teared up a little when I watched... I couldn't believe it. I hope he did. The ultimate street build.