frank830

need advice on what mod to put on my mustang and how to make it look better

2 members have voted

1. 1. which mods to put on my 1994 mustang gt

• how to make my mustang look better
    • what should I do to the engine to make it strongee and whay parts should I upgrade

I wanted the e303 cam, because I love the way it sounds and they will replace most of the gaskets

But im having second thoughts because it will be $1,500. $800 of that is just the damn labor

Any ideas on what to upgrade with that money?

I want it to be worth every penny.

Its daily driver car

Unknowm miles

Manual transmission

I will have a compression test to see the engines health before anything

post-536-0-00628300-1392390083_thumb.jpg

1.7 rockers ignition tune up (cap rotor wires plugs and coil) good full exhaust Cai and mass air u/d pulleis aluminum radiator gears short throw shifter and a tune.

lower it, rear end gears, wheels and tires. Will completely change the attitude of your car and all of them will be noticeable.

I'd skip the rockers. Seems like its a little too far out of your grasp to do it yourself right now. Definitely the tune up stuff, throw fuel filter in there too. Cat back exhaust or header back depending in if you have emissions. Skip the radiator and under drives, mgw short throw and some 3.73 gears. That will get you to a reliable and still fun ride. If you have more cash I'd do wheels and tires first then lower it after.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Oh ok Thank you

But ive already replaced

The cap and rotor, msd ignition coil

Have accel spark plugs-not put in yet

Replaced fuel filter

Has 4.10 gears, cold air intake

Short summit racing headers

And flowmasters

And short shifter already

Has about 6 month old radiator, water pump, thermostat housing, thermostat

• Moderators

Then lower it and throw some wheels on it!

Might just know a guy looking to unload some springs and control arms... get you lower, better turning radius, and tighter handling.

Judging from your sig the next bottleneck to get rid of without getting crazy would be your stock h-pipe. Doesn't coast a bunch, can be installed without help and will give you a decent jump in performance and sound. Like also stated springs and shocks  

• Moderators

What do you mean?

You know someone selling some springs and arms?

If so how much?

Yeah, me lol.  PM me if you're interested.  I could possibly be talked into parting with my Bilstein rear shocks too...

For $1200?  Don't touch the stock HCI, get on the classifieds here and other forums and pick up:

-Lowering springs/shocks

-CC plates

-Lower control arms

-Good OR pipe

-Wheels/tires

I'd say a A9L swap but that's complicated now that the PIH harnesses are no longer available and you have to re-pin.  That is, to this day, far and away the biggest SOTP feeling mod I've ever done to a stock motor'd vehicle minus a power adder.  

Also, that is assuming you do all the work yourself, if you need to pay labor to get this sort of stuff done figure on being able to buy half or less than what you would if you DIY.  As far as the E-cam, with stock heads you will gain nothing not to mention you need to get a tune afterwards.  All the E cam will do is move the power band around on stock heads and that's a best case scenario. 

Putting any cam in place of the stock one with stock GT heads/intake is a waste of time and money.  You get sound, and you might lose power not to mention you'll need a dyno tune for the ECU.  At best you'll just move the powerband around once all is said and done.  Spend your money on mods that will actually make a performance difference.  

Also a few cheap mods would be (if emissions don't apply) remove the smog pump (more hp from loss of parasitic drag) and if the timings at base 10* advance it two 14* and run 89 or 91 gas and you will get a good sotp feel from that.

Well, if you want to throw your money away for 0 gain go for it... you will need new springs, you can re-use stock lifters.  You will need new pushrods and will have to measure for correct pushrod length before you order.  You will also need a dyno tune which usually runs $400-$600 depending on where you live.  And, as I said, you will gain little or no power, you might lose power.  This is why I say to not change out the stock cam lol.

I have the comp cams xe264hr-14, comps dual springs with retainers, gt40p heads, gt40 intake, built AODE, 3.73's, carbon fiber clutched track loc.. and its stupid torquey.. no tune.. 114*lobe separation is nice.. has a descent lope, and even with a stock converter and no tune I've had no major issues.. I'm now swapping my whole drive train and efi setup into my 99 sixxer.. but Def need a spring upgrade on anything over the stock sub .450"ish lift cam.. it's not mainly the coil bind and lift rate that's the issue. It's the aggressive cam lobe peak and drop values.. hits peak lobe and drops so quick at 4500+ rpm it's hard not to have valve float on your mind.. or you can look up the alex's springs upgrade.. 100.00 and works with .533" lift and aggressive lobe rates. . My cam is .512" with a 1.6 ration rocker.. so I opted for the matching spring upgrade.. Also the trick flow beehives are said to be a good upgrade..

Galaxy S4 Active

• Supporting Member

I have the comp cams xe264hr-14, comps dual springs with retainers, gt40p heads, gt40 intake, built AODE, 3.73's, carbon fiber clutched track loc.. and its stupid torquey.. no tune.. 114*lobe separation is nice.. has a descent lope, and even with a stock converter and no tune I've had no major issues.. I'm now swapping my whole drive train and efi setup into my 99 sixxer.. but Def need a spring upgrade on anything over the stock sub .450"ish lift cam.. it's not mainly the coil bind and lift rate that's the issue. It's the aggressive cam lobe peak and drop values.. hits peak lobe and drops so quick at 4500+ rpm it's hard not to have valve float on your mind.. or you can look up the alex's springs upgrade.. 100.00 and works with .533" lift and aggressive lobe rates. . My cam is .512" with a 1.6 ration rocker.. so I opted for the matching spring upgrade.. Also the trick flow beehives are said to be a good upgrade..

Galaxy S4 Active

This Alex spring upgrade... Here or on another site?

• Supporting Member

Another site.. gt40p and E7 drop ins with retainers an 10* locks.. great deal..

http://www.alexsparts.com/sb-ford-gt40p-e7-drop-in-valve-spring-kit-hyd-roller/

Galaxy S4 Active

I'm going to use this! Thanks!!

Im just going to save the cam for later when I have more money to put heads and intake too

For now I want to buy some shocks and springs because when I have people in the back the car scrapes with any little bump :/

And im not sure what else yet, ill decide after I get the compression test

Oh ok what would you say is the difference between the Mac exhaust and the magnaflow magnapack?

i have the magna pack on my 95, IMO i think it sounds great. It can be loud at times, but mainly when your in it hard obviously. Mine does not drone much, and it has a very crisp sound

Its like we told you, if you want it for just the sound your going to waste money by putting a cam in it. Throw an off road h-pipe or x-pipe on it and a straight through muffler to make it louder. Because if you aren't very mechanically inclined, putting a cam in isn't a weekend job.

Yea I know :/

Im headed away from the cam but I dont know if there's other things that can make it sound different

Other than exhaust...

Another question

Is the catback a lot different than just replacing the muffler Nd putting a o/r h pipe

No, a cat back exhaust is just the mufflers and the pipes that exit to the tailpipes. Doing header back includes the mid pipe which has the cats on it from factory

< This frank do cams swaps in a few hours...Den car go wobba wobba wobba.

Go carbed with fat jets so you get that rich unburned fuel smell through the exhaust like them old cars do.Half the old cars I see at shows have the american thunder 40 series flowmasters...

< This frank do cams swaps in a few hours...Den car go wobba wobba wobba.

Go carbed with fat jets so you get that rich unburned fuel smell through the exhaust like them old cars do.Half the old cars I see at shows have the american thunder 40 series flowmasters...

Lol shut ittttt

Half the old cars I see at shows have the american thunder 40 series flowmasters...

Lol like this?!

Trying to find a used pair of Borla mufflers to stick on his car, think it would sound sick.

Sent from Space

I think Alphabet cams are a thing of the past. Its 2014, they're are much better cam options out there now.

There are but that doesn't change the fact that you can still get some really good results.  GT40s/b cam/explorer intake is still one of the best bang for the buck combos out there and you can do it in the car for under $1k.  

I don't know if straight pipes would do it. I always think h-pipe and a good pair of mufflers. Heck, I want to get an h-pipe for my car.

Exactly. I am going with a catted MRT H pipe to go with my SS MAC cat back as my next project, hopfully before mustang week.