the5.ohh

The "shinebox" project.

Update. Alternator took a shit on me, so in went a 130 AMP about 5 days later.. Installed the new front swaybar endlinks and poly bushings, J&M Rear LCA's, new O2 sensors, and put the EGR pipe back on.. Car runs alot smoother now.. Now I can save my money and figure out what I want to do with this car..

even though you've had a few small issues, how you enjoying your 4.10's?    I think i rodded on mine 24/7 for like 6 months after i installed mine.. lol

even though you've had a few small issues, how you enjoying your 4.10's? I think i rodded on mine 24/7 for like 6 months after i installed mine.. lol

Lol. Sounds about the same when I did 4:10s.

Did read correctly you are doing a T5 swap @the5.ohh ?

even though you've had a few small issues, how you enjoying your 4.10's?    I think i rodded on mine 24/7 for like 6 months after i installed mine.. lol

I love them! I had to learn how to drive it again, really touchy from a dead stop lol. Its fun though, pulls in every gear, can't complain!

Lol. Sounds about the same when I did 4:10s.

Did read correctly you are doing a T5 swap @the5.ohh ?

Mmmhmmm

The manual conversion is probably my favourite mod I did to my car . It's so much more fun and with gears 3rd gear cookers are the best

The manual conversion is probably my favourite mod I did to my car . It's so much more fun and with gears 3rd gear cookers are the best

I bet it is lol. I don't really know how to drive stick, so overall it'll be a learning experience lmao.

Stick isn't hard to learn, I prefer it over an auto all day long, until I hit traffic lol. But even then, the benefits outweigh the disadvantages of driving in traffic.

Stick isn't hard to learn, I prefer it over an auto all day long, until I hit traffic lol. But even then, the benefits outweigh the disadvantages of driving in traffic.

Doesn't seem too hard.. My dad drove stick for a long time, a big delivery truck and a 67 Cougar with the 289 and 3 speed stick.. So he can teach me. I've gotten to the point where this September I'll have the car for two years, and I'm just getting sick of the damn auto. So boring, no fun at all.. I'd rather be banging gears when I want or just cruise around. And all my friends with Mustangs have stick, so its a huge tease lol. Looking at this kit. I'm chaning the cable for a Ford oem one, and MM adjustable clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster. Its a rebuilt T5 with every part needed for the swap, some might say its expensive.. But rebuilt T5's go for 1000-1500.. So piecing it together would come out to more than this kit anyway.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/94-95-MUSTANG-T5-TRANSMISSION-AUTO-TO-MANUAL-CONVERSION-MPS-HD-REBUILT-5-0-/141059758906?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20d7d11b3a&vxp=mtr

Got the infamous hanging idle now all of a sudden.. Pulled the iac and used a q tip to clean some dirt out since I didn't have maf or carb cleaner. Put it back on and it ran the same, rpms stay up, go down, stay up.. Before that I unplugged the iac and started it, seemed to idle fine.. So IAC is probably bad right? I just bought it last year, fucking vato zone lol. Other than that, got a new pcv valve to go in.. Than shit will get real!

Might have to build a "restrict or plate" for it I had to do that to mine to get the hanging idle away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might have to build a "restrict or plate" for it I had to do that to mine to get the hanging idle away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now what does the restrictor plate do exactly? Like blocking off the IAC? Similar to capping the EGR bung on a header? Don't want to sound like a moron, not too familar with the restrictor plate thing for the iac.

Update as of Dec 24th, 2014. Car has been lowered about 1.25", I did the springs with my buddy. I installed an MGW short throw, got a set of 18x9/18x10 Silver saleens. 255/40/18, 295/35/18 Continental extreme contact DW tires. Bought a set of cobra rep headlights and oem style clear sidemarkers, tinted my fogs yellow. What else.. Swapped my horiztontal tails back in, dipped my bullitts blue for winter and got some bridgestone blizzak ws70s for them.

864CAB69-DB93-40A5-AAD1-771759B29893_zps

0CF5C98F-7A33-4FE3-83B2-51A6B4C5A29A_zps

D4D08483-DEF2-4D62-81C8-FE3170385E4B_zps

Went wingless for a month

777100EE-5787-4A86-8C11-8DE863447332_zps

New color for my saleens, did one to see if i liked it.

E2A46CEC-46CA-4471-B6E6-2D264C09D07E_zps

And finally, with the winter shoes and as she sits right now!

30226B3E-FAEF-4102-8F3B-2677AEA9444D_zps

Big update lol. Trufiber 3'' cowl hood, cobra front bumper, yellow fogs with yellow bulbs, shorty offroad h pipe, borla stinger s types..

Plans as of March 22nd, 2015.

Cobra calipers on the way. Will be getting new front and rear rotors, pads, stainless lines.
MaximumMotorsports full length SFC's will get welded on.
Rear Window Lip Spoiler will be installed as soon as it's warm enough out.
Purchased Bilstein HD rear shocks bnib, $100. Will get the matching fronts eventually.
Car's going back to the body shop to have things fixed that I wasn't too happy about...
Figure out why my subwoofers aren't working, I believe my amplifier needs to be repaired, not sure yet.
Oil change, fuel filter, new plugs, normal tuneup soon.
That's all I have planned with the exception of getting led switchbacks for the front turn signals, and the mgw race handle for my shifter.

As she sits right now..

2656B62E-4A7B-46CC-9AB3-5F1320E9012E_zps

CC3E6491-EF8F-4E1F-BA11-609F27E67A43_zps

man i love a good black and gold! hood looks good on there as well! SO how can we persuade you to go back to wingless :)

Thanks!! I'm keeping the wing, wingless got boring after awhile to me lol

Update. I received my cobra calipers and brackets Friday. Yesterday I was bored and made the cobra calipers meet our bench grinder. Came out really clean, I'm happy with the the results. I got about 90% of the paint off the calipers, all the grime and dirt. I'll be replacing the seals and o-rings prior to paint. I cleaned up the brackets aswell and started priming them, prepping for color today. If I like the color, calipers will be getting sprayed aswell. I ordered Maximum Motorsports stainless brake lines, drilled and slotted rotors all around, ceramic pads all around and the o-ring and seals kit for the calipers aswell as a new hardware kit.

62E7B0E3-E35E-4B2E-9800-469374354429_zps

6620AF3C-FC56-4601-939C-D4CE242CA143_zps

721DBD79-00A1-484E-9A0B-6114D3B2DEFE_zps

76298102-ED89-4752-8750-1BA21E6D3E6C_zps

looks like they are cleaning up well. are you planning on rebuilding them while they are apart?

" I'll be replacing the seals and o-rings prior to paint."      cmon man! haha