Forcefedhatch

full pushrod swap into new edge.. from v6 to v8 powaz!!

Swap still on hold or a bit.. I'm trying to find facts or fiction about the comings of emissions testing again here in ohio within within a few years. . If so.. The build will have to go a a different direction. . Either way.. will be a blast!! And all will enjoy!!

Galaxy S4 Active

Well just ordered the final touches for the swap.. The car has a 2.25" exhaust with flows I was going to use them.. but I want 2.5 since it's a HCI car.. soo.. I am using my old flow tunes from the blue car, ordered some flowmasters 44s (yes there are better options, but I want a flowmasters for the old school 5.0 exhaust note on the new edge!).Also the matching tailpipes, and I'll be ordering new 2.5 to 3.5 tips.and I also ordered the 99-04 oe. GT fender and trunk badges.. so it'll be a gt, but my version :-)

Galaxy S4 Active

Ok started swap.. removed whole engine and ecu harness with ecu, and got the engine and trans almost ready to pull.. making good headway thus far.. I'm doing it outside of the garage because the amount of parts that are being removed and installed use the garage up, let alone a whole car in the mix. . So here's some pics!!

post-86-13955273229038_thumb.jpgpost-86-13955273387512_thumb.jpgpost-86-13955273496894_thumb.jpg

Old harness removed completely!! And how the engine bay sits now

post-86-1395527385724_thumb.jpgpost-86-13955273971421_thumb.jpgpost-86-13955274080382_thumb.jpg

So as long as weather is descent.... I'll be working on it.. If it's too cold etc.. I'll be spending family time :-).. I'll keep this updated.. more to come soon!!

Galaxy S4 Active

Looking good chris! She looks mad that you're cutting her all up right now! Can't wait to see her all done. You still sticking with that teal color?

No her dad like the red, so I'm going to go red fire pearl, (close to e7, not as pricey lol).. and I'll be using the plasti dip this year, then when spring next year hits it will get paint.. for now it just get the body squared away, undercoated 100%, and finish swap.. then next year it's most likely 03 04 cobra panels and blower of some sort..

Galaxy S4 Active

Well got the dash out, and just got the 99-04 gt badges in the mail.. so I threw em on real fast.. and here's how the car looks with the dash out.. now gotta swap harnesses and then reinstall.. I am thinking of dying the interior black.. what do you guys think.. and do you have any good recommendations for dye and for the the dying on the cloth items as well(seats, carpet, etc.)

post-86-13957793873177_thumb.jpgpost-86-13957793992386_thumb.jpg

Galaxy S4 Active

Should just keep it clean badged with the sixxer plate! Very very intrigued on the thought of dying the whole interior black. Let me know if you do, cuz I'm also considering the same for my car right meow....

Well.. got he dashes in and started with the wire harness swap and hit a snag..The frame is different in the fuse box area.. so I decided to swap the dash coveers/pads on use the 99's dash covers on the 94's frame.. but the harness on the 94 was no good.. so I went ahead and replaced it when I swapped the frames..

Here's a few pics..

post-86-13960688596213_thumb.jpg

All done..

post-86-1396068876494_thumb.jpg

Now to swap the body harness so I can reinstall the dash.. yay...

Galaxy S4 Active

Now with the dash complete.. onto the center console rewire.. As anyone knows the plugs are different.. it is best to keep every switch and button etc. With this swap.. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE USING A 99-04 V6 AS A SHELL!!..reason being is the 99-04 v8's don't cone wired for fog lights.. at all... soo.. I kept the buttons and wiring complete.. Also notice the cigarette lights plugs are different.. you WILL have to swap the plugs and splice them into the spot where the old crimp and preserve on style attachments are..

94-98 cig lighter attachment

post-86-13961139128382_thumb.jpg

And 99-04

post-86-13961139561743_thumb.jpg

Using a multimeter or some other testing device find which is positive and negative on the 99-04 style..

As simple as it is to see for those that don't know the center press on boot is the positive for the 94-98 style.. POSITIVE IS ALWAYS 100% OF THE TIME THE INSIDE CENTER ROUND FLAT PUSH SURFACE OF THE PLUG!! post-86-13961141098172_thumb.jpg

(Notice the small flat center. .

Now since you've found that.. cut and splice your ends.. and remove the 99-04 harness and use the 94-98 in its place.. Also use as many as the factory press tabs as possible (just looks cleaner. . Next post will be final installation of the console harness. .

Galaxy S4 Active

Ok.. full body harness is disconnected and pulled through to the trunk till I drop the gas tank to hit the last two connectors.. I would do it now.. but it's ring like I a biatch.. soo.. maybe tom.. then install of the new harness yay.. then interior clean and install

Galaxy S4 Active

Well be testing this stuff soon!

post-86-13961924320005_thumb.jpg

Dark chargcoal.. 7.50/can at autozone.. This is for plastics.. for fabric.. I'm still on the hunt.. may use this for the carpet since there won't be much traffic in and out of the car.. but ill decide that later if and when I find a good cloth dye.. may try the rit stuff.. and use a trash can to soak it's in over nite or so to dye them (seat covers etc..)

Galaxy S4 Active