Forcefedhatch

full pushrod swap into new edge.. from v6 to v8 powaz!!

Great work man, so can't wait to the day I fire mine up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work man, so can't wait to the day I fire mine up.

Looks great Chris! Congrats on getting her running, must feel awesome. How did you finally decide to do the hood pins?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Soon there will be some sort of forced induction.. but I'm really thinking of fabbing my own m112 blower setup on the side of the engine.. and just really making it like a pushrod version of a terminator... and then cloning the body(without badging it as one of course!)

Galaxy S4 Active

That's definatly a differnt idea I would like to see what it would take to make something like that work.

I'm going to be working on that project over the winter for sure.. I can get a blower and then build around it.. I may even intercooler it to see if there are any adverse effects. . This car will be very different that's a fact lol.. kind of a freak of its own

Galaxy S4 Active

Well I did play a little today.. hooked up the power steering, added some water to flush the old heater core etc. . I'll add antifreeze soon.. Also hooked up the throttle linkage.. so now I have to extend the fan wiring.. and its gonna a be good to run for an extended time.. The final steps are to swap the rear, driveshaft, and finish the bushing install as well as the inner and outer tie rods while I'm at.. then everything will be done and new

post-86-13996839440992_thumb.jpg

Galaxy S4 Active

chris if you dont mind me asking, what have you spent to get everything up and running, even though you had both cars and all the parts?

I've spent close to 1000, but just to update the chassis for my liking, bushings, ball joints, exhaust, just the extra tid bits that I wanted to go in and on the car personally.. it would have been a free swap.. but I'm a lil meticulous, and I wanna know this car is completely sound and dependable to go anywhere with no hiccups..

Galaxy S4 Active

i would have been the same way man.  well, as long as i got this apart, throw new stuff in!   thats actually not too bad, you have a stout power plant and practically a new car no top of it now.  I'd say it was well worth the swap!  :2thumb:

Me too to be honest.. and thank you sir.. it will be wonderful once winter hits and I prep it for a complete fresh factory paint job..I just want it simple, clean, and dependable.. The car isn't going anywhere. . May as well make it right the first time!!

Galaxy S4 Active

Well got the old v6 engine and trans separated and the engine torn down to see how bad it was. .

post-86-13999814479261_thumb.jpg

Here are the rod bearings lol.. I'm surprised it didn't lockup. . I'm surprised it even held good oil pressure!!

post-86-13999815410278_thumb.jpg

Galaxy S4 Active

Well.. finishing the underhood wiring minus my washer motor issue.. The 3.8's fan wiring is only a 2 wire system while the 94-98 system is a 3 wire.. big problem especially with the car correct??!?.

Nope after trying to figure it all out.. I looked at the motor and guess what..

It has the 3rd pin (middle pin in the harness). It's just not used by the 99-04.. we shall use it ;-)

94-98 harness

post-86-14001873052994_thumb.jpg

99-04 fan plug (Notice it does have the middle pin)..

post-86-14001873758816_thumb.jpg

All will work..

Now to extend the fan wiring since I mounted the ccrm in the 99-04 factory location instead of the 94-98 location on the bracket for the overflow reservior

post-86-14001874978142_thumb.jpg

Now you see the fitment.. and why I chose to relocate for a cleaner look anyway on the ccrm

post-86-14001875705707_thumb.jpgpost-86-14001875999322_thumb.jpg

Hopefully moving under its own power this weekend.. but dunno..!!

Galaxy S4 Active

post-86-14001875684968_thumb.jpg

Well the fan wasn't kicking on.. checked for voltage and no dice.. checked fuses.. All good, checked ccrm.. All good.. unplugged The temp sensor kicked on instantly.. looks like I'll grab another from the garage and swap it out, retry tomorrow after work.. then try to get it in the garage and ready for the rear end swap..yay

Galaxy S4 Active

I'm really irritated with the valve train noise I'm getting from the car right now.. I know the proform.1.6 arms are or atleast were rubbing the valvecovers.. and now I'm having computer issues in gear since it's an automatic with this cam.. I'm seriously considering going back to stock cam and rockers so this car is not noisy and I want ZERO drive ability issues. . .. I want to be able to go anywhere anytime.. and not need a tune and have to redirect the tip end trying to fit a rocker arm since the valvecovers will need replaced and then a phenolic spacer etc.. so if anyone's interested I may have a cam for sale real soon till I build a 306 bottom end and a more aggressive cam as well.. atleast the heads are ready.. go bigger with a new bottom end.. and keep it fun and dependable for now..hmmm

Galaxy S4 Active

That's a good idea.. I think I'm going to pull them off tonight and see how bad and where.. and if I can quiet it down I'll be fine.. If not I'll just get the fox covers and a phenolic spacer and go that route

Galaxy S4 Active

abaqedus.jpg I use these felpro reusable gaskets don't know the pt # off the too of my head but there pretty freakin thick too. And you don't need a phenolic spacer to run fox covers when I had then on my gt40s all I had to do is a little clearance to the front for the alternator. Now that I have the trickflow heads since they have a raised valve cover rail I run a 3/8 phenolic and clears fine, that's with a 94 cobra upper.

Well got some much needed house chores done, and got a few hours on the car..

Got it up in the air.. and got the old rear and driveshaft out.

post-86-14004634497242_thumb.jpgpost-86-14004634654786_thumb.jpg

Now gotta pull the control arms and swap out the bushings. . After that install the 8.8..

Following that is Chang out of the U-joints in the driveshaft (just in case for maintenance reasons) and install.. button the car up from the bottom..

Galaxy S4 Active