Tony

project "mall crawler" :p

Quad doesn't mess around! Glad all the stuff arrived promptly.

Sent from Space

the guy i ordered it from was seriously fn funny. i asked him to please tell me if anything i was ordering was a no-no in the wrangler world lol. as i said each part # he would do this eeewwww....hmmmmm noise lol. i'm like what...is that gay? lol hard to explain but i was rollin  :P

so after more inspecting i see that this dash pretty much just comes apart in 4,000,000,000 pieces lol. then you have a frame hat also is tan and shows through all the cracks inthe other pieces...so thats gotta come off too. dash is becoming more of a project than i'd hoped  <_<

• Supporting Member

sorry man just noticed this message fiveoh.

how i paint plastic....i have a big bucket full of TSP (trisodium phosphate) and as hot of water that i can stand. scrub it with scotchbrite. rinse very well. when they mold plastic it has an oil on it to keep it from sticking in the mold (what i've read anyway). then i scuff it with 240 grit. then i use a plastic adhesive spray. rustoleum plastic primer. at this point you can use several different paints. i like duplicolor vinyl/fabric paint. never had any issues and the sheen is perfect. looks like it was always black not painted. then i do a couple coats of satin or dull clear. 

No worries on the delay, used the tagging feature and love it because it works! Thanks for the advice and protips! 

so after more inspecting i see that this dash pretty much just comes apart in 4,000,000,000 pieces lol. then you have a frame hat also is tan and shows through all the cracks inthe other pieces...so thats gotta come off too. dash is becoming more of a project than i'd hoped  <_<

ain't that the truth with every car project.....snowballs out of control every time.

kinda iffy on this suspension i got. read great things and also crappy things. as the case with every single item for sale lol. heres the shocks. just a tad longer for the 3" coils. the coils are in the truck along with the steering stabilizer.

DSCF8696_zps515ebbe4.jpg

i'll give this setup a shot as i'm not that familiar with lift kits to be honest lol. i usually travel the other direction. 

From my experience bds is top notch on suspension quality if thst doesn't work for you I had one if there 6 inch kits on my dodge and it was very good quality at a good price, they seem to do the extra little things to make their kits stronger.

From my experience bds is top notch on suspension quality if thst doesn't work for you I had one if there 6 inch kits on my dodge and it was very good quality at a good price, they seem to do the extra little things to make their kits stronger.

awesome man i'll check them out if this fails lol. thanks @Zach

Ummm @tony, I think this jeep to too high up for your usual style? everything ok buddy? I think you need to come back down to earth

Lol Just messing with you man! Build her tough! hope to see some articulation on the beast soon

Yea the nitro chargers are great shocks to the bilstein 5100s and fox shocks are great to. I'm gonna be running some fox coilovers on my toyota soon.

read allot about the fox suspensions. sick stuff. i'll prolly upgrade allot of stuff over the next year-2. 

Ummm @tony, I think this jeep to too high up for your usual style? everything ok buddy? I think you need to come back down to earth

Lol Just messing with you man! Build her tough! hope to see some articulation on the beast soon

lol, everythings ok allen. i think march will be some awesomeness. right now its too dam cold to do shit lol. 

Those are super slick Tony! I'll admit when you said you were getting a Jeep I was skeptical but this thing is really shaping up to be a nice ride! 

thanks dan. its gonna be a great lookin jeep if it goes like i have planned in my head lol.

so this dash  :blink:

became a tad more then i expected to dye black but i finally got the frame out and prepped. 

DSCF8704_zps681c34f1.jpg

DSCF8706_zps4c1752be.jpg

Oh yeah that dash is a bitch. I remember working on my sisters old Sahara and thinking "what the fawk is up with this dash" as I'm disassembling.

Sent from Space

did you cry then laugh then punch your own face too? lol

so my heater vent on the drivers side was broke. rther than by new ones i said faak it and made tweeter pods. quick little glass/bondo job. put them in and when i dye the whole thing they will be exactly the same shade of black. wrapped in black vinyl now to match the texture of the dash.

DSCF8710_zpsdbfae4bb.jpg

DSCF8708_zpscf03fd72.jpg

DSCF8709_zps8329ff05.jpg

a tad tweeked now but i'll get them straightened right up first.

main part of the dash i done. nothings attached but i rested the tweeter pods, bezel and gauge bezel in place to get an idea how its gonna look. its gonna look really good once its installed. 

DSCF8713_zps2e80b3d2.jpg

DSCF8717_zps0a70bdcb.jpg

DSCF8714_zpscb5fa50f.jpg

good bye ugly tan  B-)

Tony that dash is looking sexy man! How the hell are you painting in this cold as tits weather tho hahaha

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

i have an attic on the 3rd floor of my house. its actually hot as fuuuk up there lol. works perfect for painting and other interior shit. i turned it into a workshop. 

next project is this expensive console that was already in it. looked it up and its a $400 console lol. i personally would NEVER pay that for it as it is kinda fugly imo. but ima take care of that. 

DSCF8722_zps6e75c1aa.jpg

DSCF8721_zpsd999f06c.jpg

DSCF8720_zps79150113.jpg

here's the console at quadratec. same one.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14127_XX_PG.htm

next project is this expensive console that was already in it. looked it up and its a $400 console lol. i personally would NEVER pay that for it as it is kinda fugly imo. but ima take care of that. 

here's the console at quadratec. same one.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14127_XX_PG.htm

Wow cant believe that get $400 for that....And Im with you its fugly.

Is there any interest if ya sold it on the jeep forums? Maybe put some cash in your pocket and fab your own.

Wow cant believe that get $400 for that....And Im with you its fugly.

Is there any interest if ya sold it on the jeep forums? Maybe put some cash in your pocket and fab your own.

lol its like leftover robot shit or something. the thing about it is you only can see the armrest and the part around the gear shifter. i'm just gonna fix the dings (its completely metal) and paint it and see. if still robot shit...yup, i'll be fabbing something lol

that came out good

yea i'm gonna try it in with the seats, dash and carpet see how it looks. 

dropped the jeep off last monday for paint. hes got it tore apart right now lol. looks like it's never gonna be drivable again :(

Those mirrors look much better. I remember my sisters being all faded and shitty looking from the sun. And of course, littered with dead bugs

Are you repainting it white?

I hope not! It better come back painted grayish tan with some red accent stripes....

Sent from Space

Are you repainting it white?

kinda. its like chalk white now. i'm getting it done in an ivory white. love that color with black trim. 

Those mirrors look much better. I remember my sisters being all faded and shitty looking from the sun. And of course, littered with dead bugs

I hope not! It better come back painted grayish tan with some red accent stripes....

Sent from Space

hahaaa!! i watched that movie today cause of detroit :P