Tony

project "mall crawler" :p

• Moderators

i can only make purdy....the engine area i would completely ruin your entire life if i touched it haha

The rest of the car needs love too.  Plus, it's warm here!

got these aux. lights hooked up. they are a simple 2 wire light but finding the right coming off the parking lights was needed so they dont flash lol.

DSCF9018_zps74c5cd23.jpg

DSCF9023_zpseaacc274.jpg

pretty bright. just as bright as the headlights it seems.

the spots all over the front bumper is rain drops lol. been raining all day today.

I guess there wasn't an existing fog light wiring harness.

yea my mustang made it pretty simple to throw the cobra fogs in my gt lol. click click...done  B-)

today i'm going to start on a sub enclosure. single 10" boss audio sub (no room for 2 :( ) and a beasty boss audio amp. i'll have it all done in about 35 mins  :P lmao @95riosnake  j/k .....be a few days on it i'm sure 

PIC HEAVY!!!!

thught i'd post a bunch of pics of how i mock up a subwoofer box. i do all this so there's no questions when it comes time to build it from mdf :) sorry for the gang of pics in advance lol

DSCF9025_zpse8ff7b4c.jpg

DSCF9026_zps8e92d789.jpg

DSCF9028_zpsdf362d5f.jpg

DSCF9029_zpsb2ae549c.jpg

DSCF9030_zps60ec5ce7.jpg

DSCF9033_zps73de2d6b.jpg

DSCF9036_zpsfe698838.jpg

DSCF9035_zpsa1149fd7.jpg

DSCF9032_zpsa5c14d60.jpg

DSCF9042_zpsaefd3807.jpg

DSCF9039_zps47653e28.jpg

DSCF9046_zpsdd36fdb4.jpg

DSCF9045_zpsfa7982c9.jpg

DSCF9051_zps52370be7.jpg

i gotta do 2 small port holes (1 on each side) but other than that it's an exact replica of the box. pretty simple box. 

i still can't get over how fast you work on a new project.  looks fantastic tony

i work nights...kids at school durring the day and wife at work so i have several hours a day by myself to get stuff done. then i crash around 4 pm or so and get some sleep. i nap here and there too lol. plenty of free time though no doubt.

PIC HEAVY!!!!

thught i'd post a bunch of pics of how i mock up a subwoofer box. i do all this so there's no questions when it comes time to build it from mdf :) sorry for the gang of pics in advance lol

DSCF9025_zpse8ff7b4c.jpg

DSCF9026_zps8e92d789.jpg

DSCF9028_zpsdf362d5f.jpg

DSCF9029_zpsb2ae549c.jpg

DSCF9030_zps60ec5ce7.jpg

DSCF9033_zps73de2d6b.jpg

DSCF9036_zpsfe698838.jpg

DSCF9035_zpsa1149fd7.jpg

DSCF9032_zpsa5c14d60.jpg

DSCF9042_zpsaefd3807.jpg

DSCF9039_zps47653e28.jpg

DSCF9046_zpsdd36fdb4.jpg

DSCF9045_zpsfa7982c9.jpg

DSCF9051_zps52370be7.jpg

i gotta do 2 small port holes (1 on each side) but other than that it's an exact replica of the box. pretty simple box. 

Lookin good Tony! I'd stuff the tailgate with some sound deadener, I could foresee that sub creating some rattles from the tailgate being right there possibly? Great use of space though, I knew you'd have a sub in this thing before you were done, I know every vehicle I have ever owned ended up with at least one sub :2thumb:

I would LOVE to have a few hours each day to myself to get shit done. I have to wait until the weekend, and usually by then a bunch of stuff has found its way into our plans and I end up with a few hours total to work on my car. Very frustrating to say the least. I guess that's a positive to working nights, and I'm sure you get a little pay bump working nights vs. days also!

@95riosnake yea i thought about it. the bedrug piece on it is kinda flat against it so that's why i never stuck some on it. plus the tailgate with the tire rack and wheel on it is heavy as hell...just might keep it quiet idk. 

somebody asked me if the flares hung out past the tires...thought it was someone on here idk but no the tires still sit out a tad. think it was steve-oh idk lol.

DSCF9052_zpsfcd24840.jpg

DSCF9054_zpsa1a51360.jpg

after my first real cleaning/detail i rally seen these window channel thingy's (i don't know the part names of SHIT on a wragler lol) that are faded and scratched here and there so i tsp, scotchbrite, sanded etc then painted them with trim and bumper paint.

DSCF9085_zpsb02170bd.jpg

DSCF9083_zps4f97b667.jpg

DSCF9086_zps8fdf4582.jpg

DSCF9087_zps677f327e.jpg

it's this part right here:

c0013f0a-ed76-41d3-ac2b-a3a0ae2531e8_zps

nothing huge here just finished up my sub box. i'll get pics of it installed. gotta finish up these roll bar pods and install some stereo sheeet :)

DSCF9104_zpsbb4d1195.jpg

DSCF9103_zps282252ec.jpg

DSCF9109_zpscae1d8db.jpg

black vinyl that matches the seats and just some carpet on the top and sides. that way i can set shit on top of it without it destroying the soft vinyl. 

I've seen bags worked into lifts so you can be sky high when you want, then drop it down for normal driving... ahem...Tony? lol jk, but it would be sick.

im still sad i do not see airbags yet...

lol i could see bags working in my favor here when i cant get this thing in my garage i can lower it. interesting idea no doubt!

put the box i built in the jeep today to make sure all is good. fits like a glove  :2thumb:

DSCF9112_zps003bf4d5.jpg

DSCF9119_zps32989a4a.jpg

Damn, sub enclosure came out awesome.  Kicking ass @tony!  You could probably get some serious cash for this thing now, it's basically brand new lol. :2thumb:

lol, i was just thinking about that. wonder what it would go for if i sold it. i'm keeping it though. still want a mustang one day soon but this little jeep is a keeper :)

i bet you could sell that thing for a lot more than you paid for it.  they hold value like nothing else, and in that condition, somebody wants it bad. 

i bet you could sell that thing for a lot more than you paid for it.  they hold value like nothing else, and in that condition, somebody wants it bad. 

yea i was actually shocked at how much a beat up wrangler sells for. i personally don't what all the hype is about. don't get me wrong, i love this jeep but not $11k with 167k miles on it love  <_<

The don't die that's why. The 4.0L i6 it pretty much bullet proof. Mine was run without oil, sunk in freezing water for hours and quite frankly beat to shit. I used to "rock" it out of stuck mud by shifting from drive to reverse and back real fast all the time, still ran perfect. I still kick myself for selling the XJ, but I got yelled at for taking up too much space. As soon as someone buys the Lincoln I'll be getting another one.

Sent from Space

Can't believe I used the phrase "quite frankly" lol.

Sent from Space

^ yup completely true. My parents bought a Cherokee new when I was born, and I drove it up until I was 18. It had almost 300,000 when we scrapped it because the rot was out of control.

Sent from Space

300k miles? lol, daaam. i would be a happy camper if mine sees that mile marker. i'll have this thing for years as a summer toy. the plan is to get a couple 4 wheelers, as much camping gear as we can gather and tear the top off and live outdoors as much as possible hahaa. winter in ohio can do that to a guy like me. being so fucking cooped up from oct. - june. i want to live outside now :P

got the speaker pods finished up. things things are awesome. i put in some better speakers than the cheap paper coned ones that came in them. boss audio component speakers. then filled it with some fiber stuff my wife uses for pillows lol. 

DSCF8910_zps3bcdee5c.jpg

DSCF8911_zpsc9263a74.jpg

DSCF8912_zpsd1297cc8.jpg

DSCF9145_zps61cd92de.jpg

DSCF9146_zpseab44506.jpg

DSCF9143_zps1a3cd5b7.jpg

DSCF9141_zpsdcb7e0e6.jpg

You're jammin to tunes now! Totally forgot about those speakers lol. Did you replace the ones in the dash also?

Sent from Space

yea i put some pioner 4x6" speakers in there. the factory one on te passenger side was blown. i already had 2 pioneer 4x6 in the dash of the s10 that i never put back in before i sold the truck so got lucky that they fit perfect in the jeep dash lol.

Those are cool! Can you still put the top on with them there? I am so not a Jeep guy so forgive the ignorance...

yea the top goes on exactly the same. and trust me...i'm prolly still more clueless than most when it comes to a jeep lol. i do know one thing...i think you can disassemble an entire wrangler with a T40 torx bit lol.

• Supporting Member

yea i put some pioner 4x6" speakers in there. the factory one on te passenger side was blown. i already had 2 pioneer 4x6 in the dash of the s10 that i never put back in before i sold the truck so got lucky that they fit perfect in the jeep dash lol.

yea the top goes on exactly the same. and trust me...i'm prolly still more clueless than most when it comes to a jeep lol. i do know one thing...i think you can disassemble an entire wrangler with a T40 torx bit lol.

HAHA! Super cool to know! I have always loved jeeps, but found zero reason to own one.. It would be a project for me and that was it so its nice to see someone else going the extra mile for my vicarious living :D

its nice to see someone else going the extra mile for my vicarious living :D

it's what i do. build stuff people kinda have some sort of interest in maybe just a little but not fully :P lol