F8L GT

Build starts now

Heading after work to go pick up a teksid 4v. Things as happening a little sooner than I thought after finding it on craigslist for 150. My plan is to break 11s with under $1k invested. I think the cams might break me since I'm deciding to go new grinds rather than regrinds for a tighter LSA

Don't mind the grease and free top of the cylinders nor the dirt, but I was surprised to see the amount of hash marks left on the cylinder walls. Especially since he told me the car it came out of had 121k miles. Going to clean up the cylinder walls and inspect better, take better pics

IMG_20140221_205519_zpsab37mqqa.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Looking good mike! Any other changes for the car? Trans, suspension weight reduction?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Only other change will be tires. Don't know if this will be done this summer but will be for next. So there may be a tubular k done by then too

Good stuff! 11's for ~$1k is damn impressive, if anyone could pull that off it's you :2thumb:

The original budget was set with using Luis's sponsored stage2 regrinds. But since we have decided to go with a set of new billet cams with tighter LSA and split the cost. So budget might get blown by a couple hundred

Going to start pulling my engine so I can swap things to the Teksid. More than likely clean up my front cover and mill the unneeded bosses off and weld up the unneeded holes

Good luck man, hope you hit the 11's you're looking for

Thanks. I have no doubts that out will happen. It's just a matter of how far into the 11s I get. I sold the b heads so that adds a little more to the budget

nice......if you don't mind me asking is there much of a market for B heads? Or is it mainly the C's that everyone wants?

No, there really is zero market for b heads. I got lucky and found someone who needed a set.

Need to wait for front tires to come so I can lift the car back up to remove trans bolts

Ah gotcha!  I actually do the same thing with jackstands to get the wheels off lol. 

Got the oil pump on, afterwards I found a canton windage tray for $50 so I have that coming

IMAG0134_zpsfsssvmwy.jpg

Little downer moment. Pulled transmission drain plug and one of the slider dog teeth fell out. Glad I found it now instead of getting stuck between 2 gears down the track

IMAG0138_zpsvlrpl1y7.jpg

Nice, that will look good under the hood. Did i miss what the top end of the motor is going to be?

I thought I had it posted but I guess not. The heads are stage 3 ported and polished pi heads with 1mm larger intake valves, high lift springs, and titanium retainers. The cams are going to be custom ground with big duration

I thought I had it posted but I guess not. The heads are stage 3 ported and polished pi heads with 1mm larger intake valves, high lift springs, and titanium retainers. The cams are going to be custom ground with big duration

Nice. I'm guessing you will be sitting a little over 11-1 compression with that bottom end? Should be a huge difference after it's done.