Anybody ever removed the dash on their SN95/New Edge? I hear its pretty tedious. With warmer weather just around the bend its about time to finish painting over that nasty tan/gray color.

Links to How-to's would be awesome!

post-551-0-68083900-1393043813_thumb.jpg

Just start searching for bolts and pulling them out lol I thought someone did a write up here. I'll have to check

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I know @Drake just pulled his, maybe he can give some insight!

pretty much what detroit said. rather than reading a huge write up. just search and remove lol. 

on my jeep wrangler i counted 56 phillips head bolts ha! tedious cant describe a wrangler dash  :huh:

Yeah I knew I had seen that video before but totally forgot about it. That last picture of bolt placement really helps. Thanks!

Btw, just recently tried to take the middle console out to paint (suppose to be easy) but couldn't get it over the e-brake with the boot still on it. Wouldn't slip over, handle all the way pulled back, etc. Any tips? Any way to remove the e-brake like this?

Yeah I knew I had seen that video before but totally forgot about it. That last picture of bolt placement really helps. Thanks!

Btw, just recently tried to take the middle console out to paint (suppose to be easy) but couldn't get it over the e-brake with the boot still on it. Wouldn't slip over, handle all the way pulled back, etc. Any tips? Any way to remove the e-brake like this?

You need to max out the pull of your ebrake it its damn near close to vertical. Then its easiest to pull it off with the seats removed but you can fish it out with them in.

You need to max out the pull of your ebrake it its damn near close to vertical. Then its easiest to pull it off with the seats removed but you can fish it out with them in.

The cable isnt gonna snap? Ive seen vids of guys having to replace it because they over-extended the e-brake, however far that was for them. I guess I can try that again (its not like I use the damn thing anyway, only to drift! haha)

What what kind of paint/dye you use.  There are a lot of types that will cause the any glue that would hold the vinyl to the base to deteriorate really quickly...

I use Diplicolor Vinyl for the doors and the same brand Plastics for the trim pieces. Seems to work good so far.