Det_Riot

Bagged, slammed, and stanced Boss 302

I don't mind air ride on stangs but those wheels do nothing for me at all ... The car needs a narrowed rear and deep dish concave wheels and it would look way better .... Would I ever bag a boss 302 ? Hell fuckin no . I do like it a lot though but a boss 302 is made for the road course and that's what I'd love to have one for Mmmm Laguna seca boss 302

Serious question:  What happens when the "wheel nobody else has" becomes the "wheel everyone else has"?  Will everyone just resort back to what was originally considered the "wheel everyone else has"?  See now having the "wheel everyone else has" is actually having the "wheel nobody else has". 

so if i'm reading this right.....What happens when the "FR500" becomes the "bullits"?  Will everyone just resort back to what was originally considered the "cobra R"?  See now having the "cobra R" is actually having the "wheel nobody else has".

so if i'm reading this right.....What happens when the "FR500" becomes the "bullits"?  Will everyone just resort back to what was originally considered the "cobra R"?  See now having the "cobra R" is actually having the "wheel nobody else has".

Lol nicely done!  But replace fr500 with XXR's or something of that nature.

LOL.. I've had FR500's since before they were popular! I really do like them alot more now that they're satin black.  I was looking into true forged, but now everyone has them.. It's hard to have something awesome and unique on a car that's so popular..

I'm seriously considering 3 piece CCW hybrids now, but there's lots of decisions to make first..   The one thing keeping me from going IRS is the 11" wheel limit, while I could get the CCW's in something like 19x13 with a straight axle..

I think people make the mistake of assuming the sole reason someone puts bags on a car is to hard park the car on its nuts. This is no doubt one thing that you have the option to do with bags, but the real value in them, for me at least, is to be able to raise the car. Damn near every parking lot entrance in Pittsburgh is about a 45 degree angle, and speed bumps are littered all over the place. I have fixed my side skirts about 10 times now and I've had enough...dragging my exhaust on the ground on a regular basis is also something I am done with. Mind you, this is a problem I had even at stock ride height with side exhaust. One option would be to ditch the side exhaust, but such a notion is about as appealing as losing my left nut, so that's a no-go. Rocking a 4x4 stance is also not an option... I raised it half an inch after I put in the IRS and that extra height and wheel gap bothered me like you wouldn't believe. I am personally eagerly looking forward to the day when I'm staring down some parking lot entrance from hell, then I merely press a button and raise the car up to cruise right in.

I can completely understand that Dan. But like I said in the beginning, everyone has different uses for their car, and cruising and shows is yours, so there is nothing wrong with having bags.

Back to the OP, I just don't think any mustang looks good sitting on the tires..  Doesn't mean I'd say anything bad to the guy about it, just not my cup of tea..

You could say something to him about it.. He wouldn't care.. He's a cool guy, can deal the shit and take it.. I'm pretty sure I've already gave him a little bit of shit about bagging his car, only because I loved it before he did them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I like everything with bags. That Boss has some amazing fitment. Steve was telling me how the 1/4 lip sits right in the groove on the tire. I always wish the fronts poked more though but that doesn't come without massaging I'm sure.

@Waylon@TMI When I found him on SVTP I pm'd him just to tell him how much I love his car. I've seen it a few times and it's easily towards the top of my favorite Mustang list. Colors, wheels, fitment, all perfect!

I like everything with bags. That Boss has some amazing fitment. Steve was telling me how the 1/4 lip sits right in the groove on the tire. I always wish the fronts poked more though but that doesn't come without massaging I'm sure.

@Waylon@TMI When I found him on SVTP I pm'd him just to tell him how much I love his car. I've seen it a few times and it's easily towards the top of my favorite Mustang list. Colors, wheels, fitment, all perfect!

Ya knoooooooow - it's for sale right? 

I like everything with bags. That Boss has some amazing fitment. Bryan was telling me how the 1/4 lip sits right in the groove on the tire. I always wish the fronts poked more though but that doesn't come without massaging I'm sure.

Fixed ;]

Why did the boss owner decide to bag it??

To piss of purists. Be able to be low and not worry about tearing off exhaust or front splitter. He able to change with the push of a button if he wants to cruise, drag, or autos/road coarse

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'd be curious how he does on a roadcourse against a stock boss

I'd agree with you on that. It would be interesting to see how it fairs.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

An aluminum tank of air (mine weighs about 5-6 pounds and is a 5 gallon...some kits use a 3 gallon. i.e. the setup Tony had on his car), a valve block and a compressor (or 2) don't really add as much weight as you think. The bags themselves weigh the same if not possibly less than a coil spring depending whether you're talking about coilovers or not. Air lines, fittings and necessary controllers, a few pounds total? The way I'm doing mine adds more weight than necessary, but if not done as elaborately, the weight addition could be very minimal. The compressors are pretty much the heaviest part of the system, mine are bigger ones, but the ones that come standard with many kits aren't as heavy.

I know that there's little chance the naysayers in here will see any value in air ride because you have already stated how stupid you think it is many times over in this thread (insert beating dead horse smiley). Odds are the drivers in many race cars should be more worried about the weight they carry above their belt than what air ride would add.

An aluminum tank of air (mine weighs about 5-6 pounds and is a 5 gallon...some kits use a 3 gallon. i.e. the setup Tony had on his car), a valve block and a compressor (or 2) don't really add as much weight as you think. The bags themselves weigh the same if not possibly less than a coil spring depending whether you're talking about coilovers or not. Air lines, fittings and necessary controllers, a few pounds total? The way I'm doing mine adds more weight than necessary, but if not done as elaborately, the weight addition could be very minimal. The compressors are pretty much the heaviest part of the system, mine are bigger ones, but the ones that come standard with many kits aren't as heavy.

I know that there's little chance the naysayers in here will see any value in air ride because you have already stated how stupid you think it is many times over in this thread (insert beating dead horse smiley). Odds are the drivers in many race cars should be more worried about the weight they carry above their belt than what air ride would add.

applause-gif-3.gif

it cracks me up when people try the "weight" as being the reason they hate bagged cars ha!!! i think they hate it because it causes the bagged car to get more noticed or recognized then all the fuckin cookie cutter sn95's ya see all over the internet lol. either that or they just cant afford it cause it makes no sense to hate an adjustable suspension when you're rolling around on coilovers breaking out a fuckin spanner wrench every time ya wanna stop tearing your fuckin exhaust off your car . if you're worried about weight then slow down on the double cheeseburgers and not only save "weight" but maybe add a few years to your lives folks :) 

applause-gif-3.gif

it cracks me up when people try the "weight" as being the reason they hate bagged cars ha!!! i think they hate it because it causes the bagged car to get more noticed or recognized then all the fuckin cookie cutter sn95's ya see all over the internet lol. either that or they just cant afford it cause it makes no sense to hate an adjustable suspension when you're rolling around on coilovers breaking out a fuckin spanner wrench every time ya wanna stop tearing your fuckin exhaust off your car . if you're worried about weight then slow down on the double cheeseburgers and not only save "weight" but maybe add a few years to your lives folks :)

Weight is 0% of my reason for disliking airbags...

As you shouldn't.. It no longer applies to you

aw it "applies" to me. i've bagged more vehicles than you've owned. i don't have to own an sn to have an opinion on air ride homie lol. just like you don't have to own one with air ride to have your mislead opinion.