LilRoush

Missing supercharger... a funny story.

I was told I had to share this story (from about a year ago).

At an event at Homestead Miami Speedway and had the car cooling off in the pit paddock between laps with the hood up.

As is very common, many on lookers poked around the cars in the pits and they talked about what they liked/hated etc... You know how it goes.

I happend to over hear guys talking about the "ricer Mustang" with fake gauges and a funny body kit (also had a big adjustable wing on). Turns out some idiot in a black Mustang had a boost gauge and no blower for it. Jokes included everything from "It's missing." to "Maybe someone stole it." and even "It's probably still waiting to be installed."

I wandered over to them and asked what they thought of my car. I was impressed one guy actually tried to call me out on it to my face. It started a very good conversation.

This is under the hood from back then (prior to the full length CAI and fresh tune). Is it really that hard to see?? Am I just used to knowing it's there??

98Roushblower3.jpg

98Roushblower1.jpg

98Roushblower2.jpg

98Roushblower4.jpg

It took me a sec to find it.. but I can see how ignorant people wouldn't find it.

I agree, its easy to overlook if you don't know what you're looking for. first time i saw one of those setups i was like wtf that's awesome its like a stealth blower lol.

no I have to comment that it should be harder to find your alarm siren then your supercharger...................

Honestly it should be hidden a little better. A good team of theifs could have that thing cut in 4-5 secs total and once the siren is cut its really really really easy to find the brain of the alarm since it is now flashing your parking lights and pointing right to your alarm.

found it! lol nice you got to shove it in their face

Wasn't really that mean... just pointed out the advantages of a positive displacement blower for the application.

no I have to comment that it should be harder to find your alarm siren then your supercharger...................

Honestly it should be hidden a little better. A good team of theifs could have that thing cut in 4-5 secs total and once the siren is cut its really really really easy to find the brain of the alarm since it is now flashing your parking lights and pointing right to your alarm.

Ironically, that alarm isn't hooked up. I just haven't gotten around to taking it off yet. There aren't even wires running to it.

Outside of work, I'm very lazy lately for some reason. Too tired to do stuff. I'm still driving around with a flat spare tire in the trunk I'm too lazy to take out, a pair of 134A bottles to hit up the A/C with, a new fog light in the package in the glove box and have had my headlight restoration kit sitting on the shelf by the door for like a month.

Outside of work, I'm very lazy lately for some reason. Too tired to do stuff. I'm still driving around with a flat spare tire in the trunk I'm too lazy to take out, a pair of 134A bottles to hit up the A/C with, a new fog light in the package in the glove box and have had my headlight restoration kit sitting on the shelf by the door for like a month.

I completely understand. I haven't washed my car in over 4 months lol... :hides face:

I havent washed my car since last year........also have been rolling around hood style all unpainted with my side skirt clips still hanging out like my car's dirty ballsack

I agree, its easy to overlook if you don't know what you're looking for. first time i saw one of those setups i was like wtf that's awesome its like a stealth blower lol.

This.

Id paint the snout black, try to hide it. People are funny when they think they know whats going on but don't...

I thought about painting it black. I did the M112 on my V6 black with brushed cooling ridges.

Not sure if I'd just to the compressor housing, and leave the top and runners silver or what.

I do know that if they can't see the blower, they'll be in for a real surprise when I finish 'Step 2' of the blower set up. Rumor has it through certain back channels that a retro fit possible using the new Eaton TVS guts. Imagine what 112 cubic inches of TVS hidden away could do to someone who thought it was a non-PI 4.6L with a cold air intake. Haha

Your just a ricer, don't lie ;p

Funny story :)

It's the big track wing isn't it.... I knew it!

Did you ever see the V6R mid-build? White car, black cowl hood, blue Corbeau seats and enough gauges to light up a city street.

I thought about painting it black. I did the M112 on my V6 black with brushed cooling ridges.

Not sure if I'd just to the compressor housing, and leave the top and runners silver or what.

I do know that if they can't see the blower, they'll be in for a real surprise when I finish 'Step 2' of the blower set up. Rumor has it through certain back channels that a retro fit possible using the new Eaton TVS guts. Imagine what 112 cubic inches of TVS hidden away could do to someone who thought it was a non-PI 4.6L with a cold air intake. Haha

I like the idea of this!