smallblocksn95

What does your daily look like today thread??

haha seriously??

Yep! I found the kit used for less than I was going to pay for new stock sized rotors (mine needed replaced). Just took the rotors apart and painted the edges of the rotor rings and put them back together with new bolts. They do stop quite a bit better than the stock 10.5" front rotors, plus they look pretty cool too :2thumb:

The current daily. Gets about 20mpg, has comfortable seats, ac, power steering, and a badass cassette player too.

DSC_0293_zpsac5e7b31.jpg

and still Pretty Much Stock :lol:

Brought my 1st DD since 2005. Been driving a v8 stick shift mustang as DD since 2005 and now its OLD!!!!! Bumps feel like the end of the world.. scrapping on everything. Limo tint windows around police and a lot more that was getting annoying driving it daily.

So i picked up this with barely any clear coat on it. Rust on hood and other small places.. paint terrible! Which is perfect. Now i can park up close @ grocery stores and this can stay out in hail storms and bad weathers and i wont give a damn. Crappy hub caps.. Just a overall crappy looking car i can park on the street and not worry about like i did with the mustang.

Brought this thing last week and haven't drove the mustang since. LOL.. so much better. The mustang does need tranny work but still drive-able, but this little 4 cylinder is comfortable.

9u9qi9.jpg

I used to DD a 92 Chevy Lumina, I sometimes miss the luxury of not caring about my daily AT ALL. I would park that thing absolutely anywhere, and only washed it when it started getting me dirty lol. Bought it for $500, drove it 90k miles and sold it for $750 lol. All I put into it was a set of tires, a rear brake caliper, pads, two coil packs, oil changes and gas. It was actually a really well built car. I hate how those early/mid 90s GM 3.1/3.4/whatever V6's sound though lol

I used to DD a 92 Chevy Lumina, I sometimes miss the luxury of not caring about my daily AT ALL. I would park that thing absolutely anywhere, and only washed it when it started getting me dirty lol. Bought it for $500, drove it 90k miles and sold it for $750 lol. All I put into it was a set of tires, a rear brake caliper, pads, two coil packs, oil changes and gas. It was actually a really well built car. I hate how those early/mid 90s GM 3.1/3.4/whatever V6's sound though lol

Yep exactly. I was thinking about buying a nice dd but i would start caring about it like the mustang. So I decided on a pos that can last awhile and I can keep out in bad weather.

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

that was my 99 cherokee for me.  there were zero-fucks given for that vehicle once it slid on some black ice and tapped a bridge wall in the pass quarter panel.  if a guy parked over the line at work (not a nice car, just a dick) i would park that jeep so damn close that they couldn't get in their door.  ah the good ole days

• Supporting Member

Debris or a f-ing boulder?!

That's exactly how I felt. Essploded the whole damn thing but it was at night and u couldn't see what it was. Pretty pissed this will be the third time..... Poor edirtysix

• Moderators

That's exactly how I felt. Essploded the whole damn thing but it was at night and u couldn't see what it was. Pretty pissed this will be the third time..... Poor edirtysix

:(

• Supporting Member

Well, I decided to not wait for insurance and ordered what I needed. Front bumper cover and all the ancillary pieces. Brake ducts and new fog light brackets.

Painted/ worked Friday night from 6pm or so until 5am. What a pain.

haqa4utu.jpg

ra9eze4u.jpg

runypu3u.jpg

aza2uses.jpg

7ura5u7a.jpg

hajebu9a.jpg

8yne3aqu.jpg

jaduzy9a.jpg

Crummy iPhone shots

what happened to the mazda hatch @Orange 94 ?

Roll over...

Kidding, sold it.

Auto sucks, auto window wipers are horrible and seats were uncomfy.

Sold within 48hrs at a profit.

Bought this 09 coupe.

5 years newer, less km, super comfy,5 speed, a few bolt ones and $100 less than the Mazda!

Paint isn't perfect, but fuck it. Daily driver ftw.

I'll contribute to the zombie bump, too.

I actually had a 92 Lumina that I drove back and forth to college.  It was a 4 door, white, blue cloth interior with bench seats, complete with rust holes and all but damn did I love that car.  It was like riding on a cloud, huge trunk, got high 20's gas mileage and I didn't have to worry about it.  I went through one set of tires and finally decided to sell it shortly after graduating college, when I couldn't stop it from leaking transmission fluid.  I must have put 50k miles on that thing in 3 years.  I kind of wish I still had it.  I wound up selling it for exactly what it was purcashed for.  I had the pleasure of getting this picture with it one day.  It was oddly satisfying.

odometer.jpg

For some reason I never seem to take pictures of my daily driver, but I have some super old ones online from when I first bought it.  Still looks just like this today except its lowered, the front plate is gone, and it has a v-limited lip on it.  Did other simple bolt-on's and had it tuned.  It's a super fun car.  Put about 50k on it in the past 6 years of ownership.

sti%201.jpg

I'll contribute to the zombie bump, too.

I actually had a 92 Lumina that I drove back and forth to college. It was a 4 door, white, blue cloth interior with bench seats, complete with rust holes and all but damn did I love that car. It was like riding on a cloud, huge trunk, got high 20's gas mileage and I didn't have to worry about it. I went through one set of tires and finally decided to sell it shortly after graduating college, when I couldn't stop it from leaking transmission fluid. I must have put 50k miles on that thing in 3 years. I kind of wish I still had it. I wound up selling it for exactly what it was purcashed for. I had the pleasure of getting this picture with it one day. It was oddly satisfying.

odometer.jpg

For some reason I never seem to take pictures of my daily driver, but I have some super old ones online from when I first bought it. Still looks just like this today except its lowered, the front plate is gone, and it has a v-limited lip on it. Did other simple bolt-on's and had it tuned. It's a super fun car. Put about 50k on it in the past 6 years of ownership.

sti%201.jpg

Hahahah wish I put 50k on my truck over six years, 60k since last January :crying:

Good God, do you drive for a profession or something?

Field support for utility company. Our office is 15 miles from my house...our power plants range from 40 to 124 miles from our office ...might as well be hahah

Field support for utility company. Our office is 15 miles from my house...our power plants range from 40 to 124 miles from our office ...might as well be hahah

do you get mileage reimbursement at all?  that's a lot of miles to be putting on your own vehicle for company use

do you get mileage reimbursement at all? that's a lot of miles to be putting on your own vehicle for company use

Yeah, we get .57 /mile. Kinda blows it isn't more for wear and tear but it is what it is

Zombie bump! New wheels and truck for the f150, first mod after almost 75,000mi! First set of tires lasted me 73k, let's see what these do

93b0ae694c5c32927f4e3204fbf9344e.jpg

so how many wheel combo's will we see on the truck now?

The beater DD B5 Audi s4.  Homebrew stage III.  Picked up for a song and a dance.  Motor needed to come out since previous owner blew the seals on the ko4's.  Clutch was dead. Wheel bearings and suspension were toast, etc... Lots of the original build was hack.

Was a used and abused car but came complete with stage III goodies, craptastic cf hood wrapped in vinyl and a cracked up Rieger front bumper.  Brought it back to life and so far has been dead nuts reliable and goes fairly well when the skinny pedal is down.

Goin on over a yr and so far so good after all the issues were worked out.  Always liked the B5's and worked on A LOT of them back in the day.

Audi%20dd.jpg

Naw, the cheater years are from 2009 on.

It's funny, every time I'd be filling up with diesel and there was a newer TDI Jetta or something on the other side of the pump, I'd ask, "what kind of mileage are you getting?" and they would say something like "46 in town".  I was only getting 34 mpg in town.  I always thought my TDI must have an an older, less-efficient 1.9L engine.

Now I know why they were doing so much better...

My daily: 2009 BMW 335i.  Super fun and comfortable car though I would have to admit it is way to nice for me.  It replaced my 2004 Saab 9-3 which I loved and was enough of a beater I didn't have to concern myself with washing or where I parked.  The 335 use to be my wife's but she picked up a Volvo xc90 so I backed into the BMW.   B-)

IMG_2785.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg