Prokiller

Infiniti G35x sedan

funny you should mention those niche wheels because i had looked at those a while back before these zevens were released.  and let's face it, these zevens are basically the a straight knockoff of the niche wheels.

i really think i'm going to go with the zevens.  Katie doesn't like the 551c and i fear they would look too plain.  not that i want something uber flashy but i feel i want it to at least stand out decently.

yea man i like the mmd wheels too.....idk if they are as close as you may think in person however. i think the niche targa's not only has a better looking concave from the tip of the spoke down to the center caps (which makes a HUGE difference when facing the wheel from the front angle of the car) but also that machined face vs the flat silver finish would be enough to sell me on the niche's :) just my .02

yea man i like the mmd wheels too.....idk if they are as close as you may think in person however. i think the niche targa's not only has a better looking concave from the tip of the spoke down to the center caps (which makes a HUGE difference when facing the wheel from the front angle of the car) but also that machined face vs the flat silver finish would be enough to sell me on the niche's :) just my .02

remember though....i get discount on the mmd wheels.  like a good discount.  at least until the end of january i do. 

remember though....i get discount on the mmd wheels.  like a good discount.  at least until the end of january i do.

ooohhhhh lol.....got it :P

just a quick pic to show the sexy curvey concave of the niche gthen i'll leave ya alone lol

Niche-Taraga-Silver-Wheels-Audi-S5-1.jpg

i priced out the targa wheels and it was too much.  so i went with the zevens.  the wife isn't a fan of the 551c so ultimately i went with the zevens since the car may end up becoming hers if i find another mustang i want.  sadly only the fronts are in stock.  I really can't wait until the rears come (about a month :angry: ) in to see just how concave they are since the fronts aren't that much being as they are only 8.5" wide.  enough talk though, pics!!

A9864BA3-4347-42A3-9B04-AFBDBEA66567_zps

93456995-DA77-4891-AE2B-ACE156592DE2_zps

DB7EF083-A2D5-4201-A537-49310652EDE6_zps

those pics make them look way better than they do on the site. i'm with dan....if they sit nice and flush with the fender that should look sexy man! nice glossy finish too vs flat which is what i assumed they would be.

if i get time this weekend i want to pull a wheel off and put one of these on to check the offset and such but from all the research i've done on the g35 forums, it should sit nice and flush.  i do have to get new lug nuts though i think since the stockers are massive.

got the 20x10s for the rear.  they aren't as concave as i had hoped.  don't get me wrong, i still think they will look good on the car but not exactly what i had in mind.  i'll rock them for now.  who knows, might get something else later.

D6EBFD6B-F5E8-4CEA-BBD5-DA170A7284CA_zps

D51E66F6-CB00-45FC-9995-D1C8DDD4DFD1_zps

F793796A-011A-4D4A-81A6-1B4A0A8D3690_zps

putting them up against the car to see.  

4402DE8B-2756-4F5E-899F-94D3387AD1BC_zps

7EA5C041-3E60-4BAD-82B9-6DE88FC578E4_zps

I would have expected the rears to be more concave similar to how the Vossen lookalikes are, but like you said they still look nice. I think once they're on the car you won't mind it.

Not sure what you can get deals on tire-wise but for a mild performance all-season I've had good luck with the Hankook Ventus V2 Concept tires I run on my scion. Pretty good in snow, quiet ride on dry pavement, and decent grip :2thumb: I'm expecting to get about 25k miles out of them which isn't bad. And, they're pretty reasonably priced without having to step down to Chinese no-name garbage tires.

• Moderators

I cannot espouse the Continental Extreme Contact DWS enough.  I'm on my third set on as many cars, and I've gotten at least 40k out of all of them.  

i know what sizes i'm getting for sure, but the brand of tire...not a 100%.  i was going to stick with Nitto NT555 since i can get the fronts through work but that's not guaranteed to be the decision.  i can also say that i want a summer performance tire.  i don't want an all-season because that's what i have the stockers w/ blizzaks for.  these will be summer only wheels/tires.

fronts will have 245/35-20 and the rears will be 285/30-20.  will have the same diameter which is important since it's an all wheel drive model.

• Moderators

Continental makes a Summer version of the DWS - the DW.  Basically the same tire.  They're awesome down here in the sweltering heat and the torrential downpours.  Every tire shop I go to recommends them if you're not super budget minded (they're a touch pricey, but not Michelin pricey).

not to throw another monkey wrench in the tire mix but i read up on these general g-max as-03 tires and great reviews. they remind me of the bfg kdw tires tread pattern. the reviews say they last a long time and are good in the winter....ultra performance tires too. they don't look like an all season tire at all.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Reviews/General/G-MAX+AS-03

How about Nitto Invos? They're only a little more $$ than 555's and from what I gather they're a bit stickier than 555's.

i was definitely contemplating these.  i've always had good success with them.  i think ultimately it will come down to which set i can get for the best price.  not to say i will go with cheap ass sumitomos or something like that but i don't need the uber amazing sticky track tires either.

got the wheels and tires mounted yesterday as well as having it inspected.  it rained all morning so the car was clean until i got up there and back.  will be cleaning it up hopefully wednesday night and take some decent pics.

9751B578-CBE1-49AC-9183-BB1DA480ACB9_zps

BE79E228-6F45-4AB7-8985-4AB076E3AF60_zps

6D50BF27-0302-4C29-9A24-4A78B1A3A82D_zps

FA9AA49B-A2BB-468D-840C-AC206F958E44_zps

dude i think it looks pretty incredible with the new wheels.

thanks!  i'm quite happy with it.  i've been wanting to take some more pictures as these ones aren't the best.  it does really make the car pop more.

thanks!  i'm quite happy with it.  i've been wanting to take some more pictures as these ones aren't the best.  it does really make the car pop more.

get some better pics asap